Chris Smith

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeha mate, it goes back further than that unfortunately and even worse, its unlikely to change any time soon.
The NRL will continue giving them a leg up to try and gain market share against AFL down in VIC.
We have already been told by TG on numerous occasions that the game NEEDS a side in Melbourne to grow the game. We NEED to get rid of a Sydney based club.

The NRL will NEVER be a threat to AFL in Victoria...basically the only people who follow Melbourne Storm are ex pat NSW......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think they shouldn't call them offside at all. If they're offside, see if they impact the play and if they do, blow a penalty...
The difference to an active or passive offside is pretty evident and in soccer you never hear the referee call them out he just blows the whistle. In our game of League I wonder whether or not they believe they are playing an advantage by calling out rather than blowing the whistle....

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I didn't see yesterdays game (was at golf) saw result and refused to watch a replay there after. How did Chris Smith go?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I didn't see yesterdays game (was at golf) saw result and refused to watch a replay there after. How did Chris Smith go?
He had limited minutes again. Did well considering the situation

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have already been told by TG on numerous occasions that the game NEEDS a side in Melbourne to grow the game. We NEED to get rid of a Sydney based club.

The NRL will NEVER be a threat to AFL in Victoria...basically the only people who follow Melbourne Storm are ex pat NSW......

And I’m sure they will have kids and so on and so on

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris needs more minutes...better forward than most in the starting line up.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Chris needs more minutes...better forward than most in the starting line up.
We should play him at lock. His size, and footwork at the line, combined with his pace for a big bloke, would cause all sorts of problems for tiring forwards, and allow guys like Meaney to sniff about in defence.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We should play him at lock. His size, and footwork at the line, combined with his pace for a big bloke, would cause all sorts of problems for tiring forwards, and allow guys like Meaney to sniff about in defence.
Hence my initial post, he is a better player than Elliot in my eyes, should see more minutes.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I remember him walking across when Hunt scored that last try. He rushes he covers the gap. That's the only negative on him. Can't have Elliot , Smith , Martin . Need a different body type on the bench. The pack has too much of the same.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hence my initial post, he is a better player than Elliot in my eyes, should see more minutes.
Elliot got bitch slapped on Sunday.
I mean the whole forward pack did but Elliott the worst.
Martin fucking awful as well.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO a forward needs to go to center to replace Dutchy, to put some starch in the defense there , and I can only think of either Chn or Chris Smith, neither will probably score a try but at least might just stop 1 or 2.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
IMHO a forward needs to go to center to replace Dutchy, to put some starch in the defense there , and I can only think of either Chn or Chris Smith, neither will probably score a try but at least might just stop 1 or 2.
I agree that short term, while Harper finds his feet in reserves, this is the best option for the team. CHN has more pace and has played centre plenty for Penrith and I think it would make the team a lot better balanced and dangerous. Smith could then start on an edge and RFM should be on the bench.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Did Chris smith get any game time today..?

Useless. Should never see Nrl ever again

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Neither here nor there about him. Will be another in the long long line of ehhhh we have had on our squad.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He plays well when he's on, but pay uses the bench in such a fucking dumb way, he ends up playing limited minutes whether he starts or not. He has been better than rhyse martin lately, and martin has been getting a large chunk of minutes even when he's good for some dropped ball, penalties or dumb play like him taking the ball the wrong way when he was at dummy half and we were looking likely to score