Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, was impressed also.!!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed 1000% . Finally a decent sized youngster who can dent the line.

Horrendous defensive read today but at least his intent was to go and smash someone.
I think his poor defensive efforts can be put down to fitness. If he can work hard on his fitness. have a good offseason I think he has a lot of promise.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apart from a bad defensive lapse he was good today. I think we need to be patient with our young blokes. Kids like Schoupp, BBO, Doorey and Topine all have enormous potential, we just have to realise they need some time to get used to the pace and intensity of first grade and playing at that level week in week out. The experience we are getting next year will assist with that.
Plus, they have different set of players each week to try and work with. Consistency is what we need next year. Pick a side, and stick with it. Re-arranging the deck chairs every week is not working.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus, they have different set of players each week to try and work with. Consistency is what we need next year. Pick a side, and stick with it. Re-arranging the deck chairs every week is not working.
Doesn’t work when the deck chairs are collapsing, even under moderate strain. Then the replacement deck chairs fail too, then the replacements for the replacements are still green and not ready for the weight. We just need better deck chairs.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Teaupa next year easy going to be nice to watch these kids
What happened to Teupa, played a few early Flegg games then nothing - was he injured just prior to covid?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Say what you want about this season we’ve unearthed 3-4 really promising young blokes who look like they could be genuine first graders something we haven’t done in a while
This is true. It was a tough year, and we were cruelled by injuries and suspensions. Yesterdays performance was p
I think his poor defensive efforts can be put down to fitness. If he can work hard on his fitness. have a good offseason I think he has a lot of promise.
I think its moreso inexperience. He hasnt even played canterbury cup. Add to this that manly are one of the best attacking teams in the comp, and have now broken their record for most points in a season.
Oh yeah, and were shit.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He does. A big body that seems to move pretty well larerally. Defence was much better than his forst game too. Shows promise.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is true. It was a tough year, and we were cruelled by injuries and suspensions. Yesterdays performance was p

I think its moreso inexperience. He hasnt even played canterbury cup. Add to this that manly are one of the best attacking teams in the comp, and have now broken their record for most points in a season.
Oh yeah, and were shit.
One glaring mistake he made was chasing a bomb to turbo and didn’t contest the ball and didn’t get into position to make the tackle either and let him through for a break

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One glaring mistake he made was chasing a bomb to turbo and didn’t contest the ball and didn’t get into position to make the tackle either and let him through for a break
He is raw, but thats to be expected. Same can be said for players like Schoupp and Topine. They have missed a lot of development since covid, but they will only get better. So good signs!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep i even looked at the stats today lol 127m from 12 hit ups, 3 tackle busts, 18 tackles 1 miss.
I think he is a regular in our 17 next year with another pre-season under his belt, Atoni and Napa gone and only 1 prop signed plus Hetho maybe changing position too.Big boy 185/110kg just turned 20 is certainly promising.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He did well again today imo. Just quietly did his job.
Reminds me of old style props. Nothing fancy, just doing his hit ups.
Another good hit out. Gets to his feet quickly, and doesnt fumble the play the ball. He just takes his time.
It doesnt say much, but it shows that he is making the most of his opportunity.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep i even looked at the stats today lol 127m from 12 hit ups, 3 tackle busts, 18 tackles 1 miss.
I think he is a regular in our 17 next year with another pre-season under his belt, Atoni and Napa gone and only 1 prop signed plus Hetho maybe changing position too.Big boy 185/110kg just turned 20 is certainly promising.
If we have everyone fit he won't be in the 17, it will be Thommo, Vaughn, TPG, Ava, Hetho, with either TPG or Hetho available for an edge role. But if any one of Thommo, Vaughan, TPG, or Ava get injured or suspended Patolo is straight onto the bench no question. And given the suspensions we've copped this season expect to see him playing 10 to 15 matches in 2022.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Loved his play the ball style today, really takes his time to play it properly and eliminate mistakes,

looked like he was holding a new born baby haha

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loved his play the ball style today, really takes his time to play it properly and eliminate mistakes,

looked like he was holding a new born baby haha
I said the same thing. Its not a superstar quality, but he has definitely learnt from his first games mistakes, and seems determined to not make another mistake!