Chris Patolo looks the goods!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is this talk? Haven't heard a thing lol
Hey Mut The Kennel's expert selection panel of course. There has been many posts where the kennel 'experts' think they are influencing the real selectors into their way of thinking.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually amazes me that so many people don't know that Hetherington is a backrower. Best game for us and Warriors was in the backrow, played backrow in the 20's etc..yet they still act surprised when he's named there.
I think the word is morons.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he'll definitely be in the 17 in round 1. We'll see once the trials start how much he's improved and where they're playing him. He sounds like he's been one of the better players at training so hopefully that translates to on the field because he has a tonne of potential.
He is definitely in the first 17 imo. He came on leaps and bounds towards the back end of the year. Really loved his output, and tough carries.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BIG difference between the two is mongrel. Patolo looks like he can dish it out, Antoni not so much.

Interested to see how Antoni performs at the chooks.
Or doesnt perform. No offence to Atoni but I hope we have given them a dud. They certainly have given us a few .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Patolo is very much the same as Atoni at this stage of their careers.
Atoni did not lift to the next level and was punted. Patolo needs to realise how good he can be,
and use his big frame to good effect. He is a keeper for prop forward.
Patolo is 19 and Renouf was about 22 when he arrived, so im not sure hpw your making that assessment. Either way, Patolo looks to have a whole lot more upside then Renouf.
Renouf was a beast in cup that could never step up in fg. Whereas Patolo stepped up from flegg to fg and didnt look out of place at all. Except for that first game against manly.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Patolo is 19 and Renouf was about 22 when he arrived, so im not sure hpw your making that assessment. Either way, Patolo looks to have a whole lot more upside then Renouf.
Renouf was a beast in cup that could never step up in fg. Whereas Patolo stepped up from flegg to fg and didnt look out of place at all. Except for that first game against manly.
Renouf was a beast in NSW CUP, it is truly a mystery why he went backwards. He showed glimpses in First Grade but never seemed to get enough time on the field. From a TV viewer only (i.e. I reside in NZ) it looks like his stints were too short, however, his performance of camera may have indicated he tired easily or was lazy in defence. He didn't seem to put his hand up for run as often as I would have liked. He should have had the mongrel of Marty Taupau, but at least showed more heart then Ogden. Patolo looks like he could be superb!

Reactions: ATT

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Renouf was a beast in NSW CUP, it is truly a mystery why he went backwards. He showed glimpses in First Grade but never seemed to get enough time on the field. From a TV viewer only (i.e. I reside in NZ) it looks like his stints were too short, however, his performance of camera may have indicated he tired easily or was lazy in defence. He didn't seem to put his hand up for run as often as I would have liked. He should have had the mongrel of Marty Taupau, but at least showed more heart then Ogden. Patolo looks like he could be superb!
Definitely is a mystery! He did some good things in fg, but they were just too few and far between. I was always a big fan, but given his chances, and the lack of return on those chances, it was the right move to let him go. He will probably kill it at the roosters. I guess you sometimes just need a change of scenery, just like Vaughan and Dufty.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy off the bench will compliment the good work by the experience forwards have laid, this year we have depth ,these guys the pressure will be off as experience is around, his a kid

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well on board the Patolo train, reckon Mase and Vaughan particularly will help his development greatly this year, nothing against Ava etc but is a must in the 17.
Wouldnt it be great if he becomes an 8-10 year prominent forward for us!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is Patolo ok after the concussion today? He looked reasonably good from what I could see, nothing stand out, but seemed to have held his own in his start as an edge forward. Hope the young bloke pulls up ok, we need players like him to develop and push for spots. Sometimes after a bad concussion it takes a while for players to get to 100%.

Reactions: ATT

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Patolo ok after the concussion today? He looked reasonably good from what I could see, nothing stand out, but seemed to have held his own in his start as an edge forward. Hope the young bloke pulls up ok, we need players like him to develop and push for spots. Sometimes after a bad concussion it takes a while for players to get to 100%.
It's a shame Patolo got injured and will probably be out next week, I thought he had a few good runs and was looking at lot better in the backrow. A hard running backrower that worries/troubles the smaller guys on the edge is something we've been missing badly.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What did he add apart from a free interchange?

We really need to move away from promoting bog average and players not ready for nrl. Just like last year there are a bunch of them seeing regular nrl game time, but they should be playing for mounties or bankstown sports.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he came back on?
Edit - I was wrong, he didn't return to thr field

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
team made up of most HIA’s in the comp. Patolo leading the comp581E8D4D-3D2F-4505-9A7F-56563BE9D2F9.jpeg