Chris Anderson - "Kieran Foran is not a good investment"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anderson prior to coming back to the club says what basically all of us and all the league commentators have been saying and people are freaking out as though he will cause half the club to walk out. He wasn't wrong, the club is taking a gamble on Foran's mental health and his recurring physical injuries.

Foran is a high risk option and for a club with a lack of one good half to partner him, let alone consistent depth to cover him for injuries. If he holds up both mentally and physically and can actually lead the team with Frawley/Cleeland next to him we have a chance to win some games. If his hamstrings go we can write off 2018.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't be surprised to see Anderson on a rival ticket there was a whisper he was keen and it's a bit of a coincidence that he hasn't be heard of in a long time and he pops up now having a shot at the club....
Picked it like a dirty nose.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes he did.
When things got a little tough in 1997 he stepped down , but only after receiving an offer from his Super League connections in John Ribot to be the inaugural Melbourne coach.

When things get a little touch Chris Anderson always walks away.

In 1984 he departed the dogs because Warren Ryan wouldn't guarantee his place due to ongoing injuries. ( was Anderson a good investment for Halifax ? )

He walked away from both the Sharks and the Roosters when things got tough.

I believe it's a little rich to suggest Foran is a poor investment.
So much for the promises made by Lynne Anderson that they'll be behind the scenes.

Not once did u mention he won us a premiership...

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anderson can think what he likes - in his mind only. You don't go bagging one of your own team's players before he has even played a game. Talk about undermining the team and individual player confidence and spirit. Despite his great playing and coaching record at 3 NRL clubs (Bulldogs, Storm Cronulla) and in England, his last coaching gigs at the Roosters did not end well. That's not to bag him only that he has the experience to know better.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He made these comments nearly 6 months ago when Foz was hobbling around for the Warriors still. I have said from the moment we signed him that I thought we would get great value out of him but fair dinkum if I was asked whether he was a risk or not back in August even I would have said he was. We are now heading for March and he has had 5 months of rehab and I'm sure if he was asked the same question today would say that he is excited at the prospect of him being our 5/8.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but this is the Bulldogs who get the best out of people, Foran is poised to have the season of his life.

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
There seems to be a small group of posters who are really bitter over Dib getting ejected, and they will attack anything that any new board member says or does. This is just another example.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran will kill it ,in any case grumpy Anderson needs a muzzle why unsettle the playing group and put a divide between board and playing group,i hope it works out but these new board members seem very ametuer

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Chris is a fucking has been. He should shut his heart attack mouth.
This new board could really fuck us up royally.
Massive concerns here

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone still going on about this? It was said 6 months ago for goodness sake. If he said it this week fair enough but it was when he was still limping around with the Warriors. Move on.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran starting at number 7 in a trial in February of obviously means he’s ahead of schedule and has trained hard

Off the field the man is happy if IG is any gauge....that’s what empty Saks can do on the regular unlike his hibernation in Auckland last year lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris is a fucking has been. He should shut his heart attack mouth.
This new board could really fuck us up royally.
Massive concerns here
Thanks mate we've got enough arse-holes on the other side of the fence who would have wanted our club do badly if Dib had been returned
Now we've got one arse-holes posting hate and wanting our club to lose because the rebel ticket won.
Get over it and support our club if you love it.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not once did u mention he won us a premiership...
You're quite right Moey Chris Anderson did win us a premiership although I believe when someone has ambition to become a board member they need to show some diplomacy and the role of board representative is basically a role of club diplomat.
You're in a privileged position to bring a group of people together and work towards a common goal.
His comment shows a lack of empathy towards the player and a complete lack of class.
Kieran Foran has had his problems but he has won two premierships and played his share of tests for NZ.
He didn't deserve that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.