Chris Anderson getting involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keep waving the broom Chris Anderson. The more you clean up this mess the better. Your best interest is in this club. Pay is there to coach, period. As a rookie in his first year as coach Pay should concentrate on that, and that alone for now.

If it is needed to bring in more experience around the coach then that is only a good thing and boy don't we need it. So what's the problem with that I ask?

This post by Mr I is complete and utter bullshit with certain people on an agenda to derail the club namely player managers who are putting their self interest at the top of their agendas and want to ruffle the feathers between players and their clubs. If they could move players around they would because every new contract means commission to them. For example, Aaron Woods signs two contracts within a year and his player manager dips in twice and gets his commission for each new contract on top of the percentage he gets based on the players salary. Chris Anderson's experience in negotiations is imperative to ensure player managers do not dictate terms. This was the case with Hasler who obviously did not have a clue and ran the club like a brothel where we got screwed on most of the negotiations.
In all honesty, Chris Anderson is our last hope. The club needed a mover and shaker and he's the man for that.
He's probably the best fit for our club at the moment. He goes a long way back with the bulldogs, probably the next best man after Folkes in regards to being a Canterbury man.
He's got the runs on the board, two time winning premiership coach, Former Australian test coach, Permiership winning player, rebuilt the team back in the early 90's and accoplished two minor premierships in 93 & 94 and a premiership in 95(probably the second best era after the golden 80's) and of course the son in law of the late great Bullfrog Moore.
Just think about how many conversations he would of had with Peter Moore regarding footy back in the day.

If the way he's doing things at the moment is unconventional but will produce what we have all been waiting and thursting for then he's got my backing.
If there are people inside the club who don't agree with him, they can piss off. Because I sure won't handle us being a basket case any longer.
In Anderson we trust!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
After Anderson has done cleaning up this salary cap mess and moved on the dead wood, the club should re-approach Macguire to be head coach. Pay can be his assissant.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope that all this shit that is going on is not the Anderson's trying to get their son Ben into the position of coach. If this happens it will be the end of the club once and for all. Admittedly it looks like Dean Pay is on the outer and I had great hopes for him. Wayne Bennett is needed to clean the place out.
Yeah Wayne did great things for Newcastle "NOT"!!! The old saddle bags with eyes can stay where he is. Let's not forget it was Wayne Bennett that recommended we chase Hasler.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After Anderson has done cleaning up this salary cap mess and moved on the dead wood, the club should re-approach Macguire to be head coach. Pay can be his assissant.
I don't know about Macguire but I would be approaching Fitler for head coach.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont mind Anderson helping recruitment but we need the best people to do that crucial job..

Guys involved in fulltime recruitment have their own networks , systems and contacts and go to carnivals all over Australia & NZ..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warren McDonnels role mainly focuses on everything below the NRL squad so Anderson isn’t stepping on his toes. There is a committee of C Anderson, Hill, Pay, McDonnell and Vince Costa that are managing this whole salary cap/recruitment situation.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The more toes stepped on the better, Chris Anderson knows what he is doing. I urge those at the club who disaprove to leave immediately.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The more toes stepped on the better, Chris Anderson knows what he is doing. I urge those at the club who disprove to leave immediately.
Agree. Get rid of all the dead wood asap. That way we can be competitive.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am all for Anderson stepping on toes and getting ppl out of joint if the end result means our clubs future is going to be for the better.

Peter Moore did most things himself when he needed things done and he didn't play fair either. He did what he could to get the players he wanted. And if Anderson is the one behind getting rid of Mbye and For an and other garbage players then I see him doing the job that others havnt got the balls to do.

If Pay was doing the job he was payed to do then Anderson wouldnt be on his ass. Based on that article I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson stepped in last week and told Pay to drop Montoya after he had picked him again. But Bmoz pulled out last second and obviously Montoya earnt a reprieve.
It’s easy to blame Pay, but if you give a builder a pallet of cardboard; do you realistically expect him to build a double brick house with it?
So his workers ( training staff) are either apprentices or on Newstart.
Be grateful Pay had a pair to take the task on. I know fur a fact Shifty Sherwin who worked with our juniors this year offered his services to the senior squad- he’s still waiting for a reply.
The entire Football department structure needs an immediate overhaul

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I know I come across on here as triggered over the current/previous board, but in all honesty it's out of frustration.

I hated Castle... she was fucking useless and I said so all along.
I came to dislike Hasler towards the end because he was the very definition of madness (trying the same thing and expecting a different result).. plus his stubborness to play the same side was ridiculous.
As for Dib... well he let the whole thing happen, but that doesn't mean he didn't try and change things at the end (alebit too late).

Change needed to happen, however I feel there were other ways it could have (without Dib involved either).

After a year last year where even I will admit I simply didn't bother watching games or turned off after 10 minutes, I entered this season expecting a new coach, new players, and new found excitement. Hooray finally something to look forwards to.

Then came the promises and unprofessionalism, and the new board. To me it was like hearing Castles 50 point plan for greatness all over again.
Then came the rubbish performances on the field.

Effectively the entire off season being excited for change and a new 2018 Bulldogs, half way through the season has turned into the exact same dogshit, just with different names to blame.

It sucks, and as I said... its frustrating. Fans deserve better than words, they deserve action... but tearing the team apart mid season is not the way around it.

I happen to know past players (both at the Dogs and other clubs), and their opinion on this is all the same.. you just don't do it as it upsets team harmony, unsettles players, and has them questioning the whole setup now.

I understand they want to get their hands dirty (new board), but this is akin to taking over as manager of a new business, and then 1 month into your job as manager, picking off and sacking people. Would your employees continue to work hard for you?
They needed a preset plan and if this was on the cards, players should have been told and advised of the idea well in advance. Else leave it 6 months and start taking action.

Hope that explains things a little more on my mindset.
It’s affecting Klemmer and Jacko real bad too right? I don’t agree with it as a whole. Yes it would affect some players. There the ones being shopped because they’re too Fkn soft and immature as men to let their footy do the talking. Let’s think back to 95. Heaps of trouble around the club. What about 04 again heaps of trouble around the club. To me it’s all about getting rid of the dead wood. I applaud the board for getting rid of the shit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Im not sure how i feel about this. I mean Anderson is stepping in and getting rid of the dead wood? What a disgrace.
Oh wait, hang on, im beginning to see things a little more clearly. Get rid of mbye? Fuck it. He has done fuck all in fg but promised so much on a big fat salary!! Tick. Well done.
Fuck woods of if you can?? Yep. He was signed on massive money and has been dead average. Never should have been bought in the first place.
Force foran to retire?? Did you really say that? Yep. Great move. He is a shadow of him former self. Again, massive overs for a dud.
If these things are all the work of Anderson, then well done mate. Keep going. Its about time someone made an effort to dig our club out of the shit we are currently in.
There is sure to be a drop in player morale, and sure enough some peoples noses may become out of place, but harden the fuck up and deal with it.
Club first, team second, player third. Fuck off if you dont like it.
Hear, hear all this upheaval just has to happen.

Fans upset with our results but want softly softly approach to get there?

And Turvey was mentioned as getting more hands on too? Who has a problem with that?

This re-building won't be easy and anyone other than tough negotiators and head kickers will get it done.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s affecting Klemmer and Jacko real bad too right? I don’t agree with it as a whole. Yes it would affect some players. There the ones being shopped because they’re too Fkn soft and immature as men to let their footy do the talking. Let’s think back to 95. Heaps of trouble around the club. What about 04 again heaps of trouble around the club. To me it’s all about getting rid of the dead wood. I applaud the board for getting rid of the shit.
Bingo

If the group of men you have cant handle a bit of adversity , then theyre probably not the men for the Job ........

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is that also why the players tanked last season?
I believe so.

Warren McDonnels role mainly focuses on everything below the NRL squad so Anderson isn’t stepping on his toes. There is a committee of C Anderson, Hill, Pay, McDonnell and Vince Costa that are managing this whole salary cap/recruitment situation.
Can someone explain how Vince Costa still has a job? Was it not his responsibility to ensure cap compliance?

We need more than McDonell.. we need a team of talent scouts. One in Fiji/PNG/Tonga, another in NZ, and some in regional NSW/Qld.

Heck if I can jump onto Youtube, follow a few links and find some seriously decent talent, surely our club can.

Haha...players are tanking!! We've lost half of our games by under six points and pushed most of the top sides to force them to beat us and that's called tanking lol.
Refs haven't helped, but when was the last time we got in front and put a team to the sword?
The last time we failed to score over 27 points in a game, was like in the 70s/80s.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain how Vince Costa still has a job? Was it not his responsibility to ensure cap compliance?

We need more than McDonell.. we need a team of talent scouts. One in Fiji/PNG/Tonga, another in NZ, and some in regional NSW/Qld.

Heck if I can jump onto Youtube, follow a few links and find some seriously decent talent, surely our club can.
I was talking to someone at the club the other day and I thought the same about Costa aswell but his only role is to balance the books and he doesn’t make any decisions about how money is spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.