Official CHN talks about his culture.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont agree. I dont think RFM def is that bad. If Pay doesn't start him he has rocks in his head. RFM has the best footwork in our whole team including our outside backs. His also our most explosive player plus he probably ranks 1st for tackle breaks in our team. Not to mention his probably our only forward with an offload.
Agree RFM can do all those things but his form was poor before he was injured. Started the season well, but went downhill. Seemed to lose his off load altogether.

For me we just need to get our best players out there so CHN should play centre, with Hoppa or Meaney missing out. I'd go with Martin for round 1 but his form in general play needs to hold up. Jacko should be lock with RFM or Elliot on the other edge. Sue and Elliott/RFM on the bench with the other two spots up for grabs. I really like Smith, and Renouf should get another crack IMO.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need explosive players because attack remains our biggest problem. Even if your assessment of RFM's defence was correct (which I do not agree), you sometimes need to sacrifice a bit of defence in order to keep an xfactor in the team when your team struggles so badly to score points ....
An effective attack comes from momentum and field position. When the opposition have the ball the role of defence is to maintain field position and give the attackers no time or space. (Go forward in defence). When attacking, every player has to move forward and look as if they are in the play, The opposition defenders will then need to mark up across the field and are left in doubt about what is about to happen. Unfortunately under Des, the dogs the defenders ended up running backwards instead of forwards as the attackers approached and in attack it was obvious who was not going to be involved in that play. An easy read for the defence and no players being in a position to support players a break was created. Rugby League is a team game and every team member on the field is in the play at all times.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith/RFM/Martin/CHN up the guts off a late offload and breaking through the line to a flying fullback/Smith would honestly give me a stiffy.

I'm still partly chubbed over that Reimis Smith line break from the Dragons game.

The one here at 7:14 in.

Hubby spoke to Reimis about this exact game and you should have seen the big smile on Reimis's face. He commented that there will be more of that type of footy to come. A very confident young man but definitely not a big head overselling his ability.

Up close he is really solid and taller than you think for how quick he is. It was magical to see him make Duffty look like a fool in second guessing himself. Could quite possibly be a choice for a centre spot as Reimis mentioned that he has been training in both positions but mainly wing. Pay may not be as clueless as a lot here like to think.

Hubby joined you in a chubby about the performance of Smith too. :D

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What you need to consider is our outside backs are very inexperienced so our edge forwards need to be aggressive & decisive - up until now RFM hasn’t been. Having good footwork & busting tackles is a great stat but it doesn’t make you a good defender.If you don’t concede tries then you need to score as many to win. Realistically I don’t see our outside backs scoring 40+ tries next season at this stage.

I wish it was the inexperience part I was worried about. Its the lack of speed and acceleration in our backline that worries me!

Young inexperienced speedsters with footwork can make it happen it's the slow inexperienced ones that kill me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont agree. I dont think RFM def is that bad. If Pay doesn't start him he has rocks in his head. RFM has the best footwork in our whole team including our outside backs. His also our most explosive player plus he probably ranks 1st for tackle breaks in our team. Not to mention his probably our only forward with an offload.
My main concern with RFM is that his footwork all too often involves hitting the line, backing up to run wider to hit the line again with less momentum. He's a decent player, but instead of the back off and run thing it would be nice to see decent offloading instead.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My main concern with RFM is that his footwork all too often involves hitting the line, backing up to run wider to hit the line again with less momentum. He's a decent player, but instead of the back off and run thing it would be nice to see decent offloading instead.
Once the arms are free offloading can be coached, but it’s often much harder to teach the skill in setting up one’s body to get the arms free in the first place. To some players it comes naturally, others never learn. RFM seems to have the first bit covered, so now it’s a matter of coaching him and, arguably more importantly, the players around him the next step.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s so frustrating because we could have done without the Napa signing and there’s still plenty of middle forwards at the club who can get the job done. Even worse you’ll see today there are rumours at Aitken is on the outer at the Dragons. We could have used that money on a top quality centre that we desperately need
I’m thinking that the only difference in our forward pack this season coming is Sue and Napa.. I think the big shake up will be in our backs.. I’m seeing CHN and JO replacing the Morris twins. I heard size and speed out wide, like the old school Dogs..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sue and Napa are both hard nuts who will run it off the fence all day long.

Klemmer by comparison in recent years went fucking soft. Caught the Woodsy disease.

Woodsy Disease symptoms are where you charge towards the opposition at speed, yet hit with the impact of a cloud. Other symptoms include backing into the line with your arse (in hope your shorts split and you get railed), and being totally whipped in all aspects of life.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Klemmer by comparison in recent years went fucking soft. Caught the Woodsy disease.

Woodsy Disease symptoms are where you charge towards the opposition at speed, yet hit with the impact of a cloud. Other symptoms include backing into the line with your arse (in hope your shorts split and you get railed), and being totally whipped in all aspects of life.
Napa hasn't run hard for years.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like your thinking and perception about Klemmer,s impact for most of last year. Running into a brick wall time and time again hoping to crack the morter just doesnt work in the modern game. Forwards need to have brains I personally think we got the better end of the Big Nappy Pappy deal. Sorry Dylan. Only time will tell . Cant wait till March. I think the Warriors are in for a big shock.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM off the bench, defensively he’s a liability poor reads & decision making Don’t be surprised if Jackson (R)& CHN (L)edge & Martin plays lock giving him roving role
Yeah RFM is a shirt grabber. Needs to get some balls. He’s more suited to the bench for sure

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't understand these criticisms of RFM. It's like everyone has seemed to forget what he offered since he got injured half way through last season.

He was undoubtedly our most dangerous option with ball in hand, and gave opposition defence headaches week in week out. Defensively he was terrific also, getting through plenty of work and coming up with a number of try saving 1 on 1's. For the record his tackling efficiency was over 90%. To give this some perspective - Jackson's was 89%, Martin 87% and CHN 86%.

IMO he should retain his starting 2nd row position, no questions asked.