Official CHN talks about his culture.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said that there is 8 forwards jerseys up for grabs in the team. This means that Pay will be riding with 3 forwards and a utility on the bench.

8. Napa
10. Tolman
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Eliott
15. RFM
16. Sue

Fualalo, Ogden, Toomaga, C.Smith all miss out you’d think?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He said that there is 8 forwards jerseys up for grabs in the team. This means that Pay will be riding with 3 forwards and a utility on the bench.

8. Napa
10. Tolman
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Eliott
15. RFM
16. Sue

Fualalo, Ogden, Toomaga, C.Smith all miss out you’d think?
To'Omaga has to be in the 17. We need the kid to gain more experience, especially before the eventual reduction in interchange

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck running a utility... get a hooker that can get the job done for 80mins. We have enough versatile forwards like Jackson and CHN to cover hooker and centre if injury strikes
Yh I wouldn't bother with a utility. Pay has showed he can't effectively inject them into a game and like you said we have some versatile forwards that can cover multiple positions. So unless we're running with dual hookers and Pay has suddenly changed his philosophy around rotating them then I wouldn't bother.

Much rather us have an extra forward and try and play to our strengths as much as possible, also think Pay will rotate our edges (not a fan) so the extra forward will be more valuable.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh I wouldn't bother with a utility. Pay has showed he can't effectively inject them into a game and like you said we have some versatile forwards that can cover multiple positions. So unless we're running with dual hookers and Pay has suddenly changed his philosophy around rotating them then I wouldn't bother.

Much rather us have an extra forward and try and play to our strengths as much as possible, also think Pay will rotate our edges (not a fan) so the extra forward will be more valuable.
Yep makes zero sense to run a utility. I'm not a big fan of back rowers interchanging either, but we have to many that it may have to happen. Hopefully it only results in Elliot and perhaps Martin playing middles

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must admit I'm a bit confused with the amount of top quality back rowers we have Atm

I'm also wondering how they will be used considering most of them are 80 min players?? Martin, RFM and Jacko can do 80 and 80 is an expectation of the modern day back rower..

I feel like there is going to be a good quality back rower that is going to miss out.. I'm really interested to know what exactly the plan is..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s so frustrating because we could have done without the Napa signing and there’s still plenty of middle forwards at the club who can get the job done. Even worse you’ll see today there are rumours at Aitken is on the outer at the Dragons. We could have used that money on a top quality centre that we desperately need

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep makes zero sense to run a utility. I'm not a big fan of back rowers interchanging either, but we have to many that it may have to happen. Hopefully it only results in Elliot and perhaps Martin playing middles
I'd probably only want RFM playing middle just because I think he could be a massive handful through the middle. Though I still also want him on an edge lol. Elliott will play there no matter his form, but I'd much prefer Jackson starting lock ahead of him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s so frustrating because we could have done without the Napa signing and there’s still plenty of middle forwards at the club who can get the job done. Even worse you’ll see today there are rumours at Aitken is on the outer at the Dragons. We could have used that money on a top quality centre that we desperately need
Don't start me on this again haha.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't start me on this again haha.
We need to find a way to get Aitken if he is available. Not sure who’s left to offload though apart from Lichaa. Maybe Hoppa to the Raiders as they need a fb with Wighton play 6 and Cotric staying as a winger

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Being selected for the Maori team would mean he plays a pointless pre season game that will only serve to provide an injury risk...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Being selected for the Maori team would mean he plays a pointless pre season game that will only serve to provide an injury risk...
Not like we're playing trials, any pre season run out is welcome imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need to find a way to get Aitken if he is available. Not sure who’s left to offload though apart from Lichaa. Maybe Hoppa to the Raiders as they need a fb with Wighton play 6 and Cotric staying as a winger
He's a bit injury prone and doesn't really have the rapid pace we're missing...but yh I'd probably take him lol. Don't think we will add anyone to our roster until next season unfortunately.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why are we discussing Aitken? Blokes signed for another 2 years with Dragons and will be straight into their starting backline.

1. Widdop/Dufty
2. Maranta / Lomax / Perreira
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Maranta / Lomax / Perreira

Maranta / Lomax / Perreira - One (probably Maranta) alongside Mikaele Ravalawa will be in NSW Cup.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing is hypothetically say you start CHN RFM and Jackson. They’ll play 65-70 mins each. So that still does leave 25-30 mins for a bench player.

In that time frame you would rather go for someone a little more unpolished but a lunatic (Chris Smith) who can come on get 15-20 tackles and make 10 runs. Fair enough won’t be a rep player with those mins. But can whack a few in defence and run over a few in attack. And because he would know his mins are limited he can give it his all in 1 stint.

The other thing is I don’t think you can fit Elliot and Martin in the same team. Shame Martin wasn’t a centre would solve so many problems. But you literally carry someone who isn’t an amazing edge defender (Martin) but who is by far and away the best goal kicker in the team. Or run a tenacious defender in Elliot who is all effort, but lacks the class and skill of the premier back rowers.

Sue, rfm and Chn will bring impact starting or not.

Then you’ll have fualalo and ogden vying for a spot in the 17.

Thing is you’ll think almost everyone will get a chance as the year is long. Problem is I’m sure pay has his favourites and some of the new guys must have been assured a spot so you don’t know how the selections will go.

But all in all I’m happier with the pack minus woods, trex, kas and even graham to a degree. Younger pack. Should be hungry to prove themselves. Our aging overpaid ex forwards would struggle to compete with what we have now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd probably only want RFM playing middle just because I think he could be a massive handful through the middle. Though I still also want him on an edge lol. Elliott will play there no matter his form, but I'd much prefer Jackson starting lock ahead of him.
Yeah mariner could be pretty good there. Said it before but id really like Elliot to add some size and be our bench front rower when the interchange is reduced