CHN - He'll Only Play For Barrett

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d think he did nothing wrong reading these articles.

Sure, they might have handled it a bit differently if they had their time again but fuck me, the guy screwed up and I have not seen one ounce of ownership or contrition from him.

I’ve got some concerns about Corey’s moral compass...
Spot on Baseball Furies.

The article should read “Bulldogs allowed me me to stay”

He’s contracted to 2022, he has no choice.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is just an annoying situation given that CHN hasn't shared his opinion. I have a feeling that the manager is pulling his strings. If he can earn a few sheckles more by manipulating a release, the opinion of CHN is secondary to him. The manager hedged his bets by talking about the Barrett connection.

As far as it goes I still think the club are the ones that have the final say or a deal would be in the works elsewhere already. Like usual though I'm awaiting word from the club. The media can sing any time they like.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL

Lolll no way? Did he really ... wtf
I can't find the article to share but I also remember Gus gould crying at letting him go.
no idea of the love between them but seemed like strange behaviour.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You have a history of making rumours up. And this one is a lie too because that's not what the loan system is about. Giving players first grade experience in lieu of no reserve grade. Otherwise you are just strengthening another team for the sake of it and risking that player form a relationship with a charismatic coach like Ricky Stuart.
EXCUSE ME?!! :rage::rage::rage:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Excused.
Why would we loan a player that walks into our team to help a compwtitor?
im not sure you understand the logic of the loan.
Maybe it's a compromise? He wants a release, club doesn't want to release him...both parties accept the loan with the Raiders picking up the wage bill and giving us some room to work within the cap. Season ends and Baz either talks him around or we use him as leverage to get something in return for 2021 from the Raiders

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many have said on here previously this is where the board needs to stand firm. If we just let him go to the Raiders this year then how the hell does that benefit us ?

They need to make him stay at least for this year to help us avoid the spoon. Then at the end of the year if he wants to go he can because that will free up cap space to find an alternative.

But I bet we just let him go. The board are fucking spineless
Imagine if we back paid him for the time he wasn't on the field playing and then as soon as he can play again he leaves and plays for another team. If the club lets him do that they have rocks in their heads. I bet the Raiders wouldn't be interested in him if they had to pay him / or us all the back pay up front.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if we back paid him for the time he wasn't on the field playing and then as soon as he can play again he leaves and plays for another team. If the club lets him do that they have rocks in their heads. I bet the Raiders wouldn't be interested in him if they had to pay him / or us all the back pay up front.
Hmm - a transfer fee perhaps ??

I like it .

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guys you need to remember the days of loyalty and playing for the team you follow (or followed as a kid growing up etc...) are long gone. It's a business these days. If your company treated you like shit and tried to fire you, you appealed in court, and managed to get back, you would all have the shits with the company too. Corey isn't angry that he was de-registered, he is angry because the Bulldogs sucked up to the NRL (saying we fully support the NRL's decision blah blah blah) and hung him out to dry. Frankly he did the wrong thing but the way the club sucked up to the NRL rather than at least expressing to help him somehow, and that pissed him off.
Your kidding - so he's upset by the way we sucked up to the NRL. He should be more upset with the way he conducted himself.
Our hands were tied, pity his weren't.