CHN - He'll Only Play For Barrett

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guys you need to remember the days of loyalty and playing for the team you follow (or followed as a kid growing up etc...) are long gone. It's a business these days. If your company treated you like shit and tried to fire you, you appealed in court, and managed to get back, you would all have the shits with the company too. Corey isn't angry that he was de-registered, he is angry because the Bulldogs sucked up to the NRL (saying we fully support the NRL's decision blah blah blah) and hung him out to dry. Frankly he did the wrong thing but the way the club sucked up to the NRL rather than at least expressing to help him somehow, and that pissed him off.
EXACTLY!

This is the "dogs of war"....yet board bends over for the NRL's and medias every whim.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know why the hate on CHN here, he hasn't come out in public and bagged the club or anyone, just "media" writing shyte articles. Regardless of how the guy feels personally and I can understand if he's pissed off, after all, he may have been permanently without a job. Let the papers write what they want and let the club work it out with the player one way or another. Regardless where he plays, the decision to overturn the deregistration was the right one - whish the bloke all the best
I dont hate corey, he is his own man. Ricky stuart has been moaning about people sticking their nose in where it doesnt belong, the only reason chn and elliot havent been poached earlier is because he was tight with pay, now deans gone he wants everything given to him and doesnt give a fuck , go find someone who isnt playing at the moment who is looking for a fair opportunity, stop raping us .whinging wilma

Markymarx12345

New Pup
Reaction score
I dont hate corey, he is his own man. Ricky stuart has been moaning about people sticking their nose in where it doesnt belong, the only reason chn and elliot havent been poached earlier is because he was tight with pay, now deans gone he wants everything given to him and doesnt give a fuck , go find someone who isnt playing at the moment who is looking for a fair opportunity, stop raping us .whinging wilma

Any word on CHN's meeting yet? He was supposed to meet with them board today at 11am?

No news is good news?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wellllll maybe, CHN joined the club following a fallout elsewhere then came over told us all how great it is then jumped on a school teacher at a official club function (or as a result of that meeting) which is not illegal but it is against the bulldogs rules following the fallout from Coffs all those years ago.
I get they can challenge things but imo he has zero reason to be pissed with canterbury.
He got offered a deal to leave and join a winning club and jumped at it using Canterbury as the excuse.
Personally i doubt mind either way if he stays or goes because he is not top shelf, just looks it in our current squad
Guys you need to remember the days of loyalty and playing for the team you follow (or followed as a kid growing up etc...) are long gone. It's a business these days. If your company treated you like shit and tried to fire you, you appealed in court, and managed to get back, you would all have the shits with the company too. Corey isn't angry that he was de-registered, he is angry because the Bulldogs sucked up to the NRL (saying we fully support the NRL's decision blah blah blah) and hung him out to dry. Frankly he did the wrong thing but the way the club sucked up to the NRL rather than at least expressing to help him somehow, and that pissed him off.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t believe everything or even much of what is put out in the “media”
I use the term media very loosely
95% bullshit
Just like James hoopers life

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's joining the Raiders on loan, will be back when Baz returns. I swear i didn't make this up :tearsofjoy:
I actually heard this yesterday, he wants to go to Canberra for the rest of the year then back if Barrett is coach.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He's joining the Raiders on loan, will be back when Baz returns. I swear i didn't make this up :tearsofjoy:
You have a history of making rumours up. And this one is a lie too because that's not what the loan system is about. Giving players first grade experience in lieu of no reserve grade. Otherwise you are just strengthening another team for the sake of it and risking that player form a relationship with a charismatic coach like Ricky Stuart.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't know why the hate on CHN here, he hasn't come out in public and bagged the club or anyone, just "media" writing shyte articles. Regardless of how the guy feels personally and I can understand if he's pissed off, after all, he may have been permanently without a job. Let the papers write what they want and let the club work it out with the player one way or another. Regardless where he plays, the decision to overturn the deregistration was the right one - whish the bloke all the best
Because Okunbur has manned up and said something where CHN has not... He's effectively being mad at the club leaving him in the dark, but he's doing the same thing to the fans and people that did support him, bit hypocritical imo.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this then suggest that the rat was Pay?

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I find it strange that Raiders are after either Elliott or CHN. Strange because they have both had their off field indiscretions. Strange also that the Raiders are chasing them. Because Raiders have a history of getting rid of players with off field indiscretions

Anyone else find this strange? Or am I just a strange person

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any news on his meeting today with the club?

CHN and Lafai instantly improves our squad this week

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck him off, if that's his attitude (right or wrong, deserved or undeserved) then he's better off not playing for us.
couldn't agree more but as my mate Donald says FAKE NEWS!...Cant believe anything written by a journo these days. Trump has pointed our vision in the right direction.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Harawira-Naera meets with Bulldogs over NRL future with Raiders read to pounce

Canberra is set to make a play for a gun Canterbury forward — but which player they target is reliant on a meeting between Corey Harawira

Canterbury is expected to meet with reinstated Bulldogs forward Corey Harawira-Naera on Monday over the Kiwi international’s future at Belmore.

Harawira-Naera remains disgruntled at having his contract terminated by the Bulldogs over a pre-season drama involving teenage girls in Port Macquarire.

Canberra has expressed a strong interest back-rower Harawira-Naera should he quit the Bulldogs. It’s understood that if he leaves Canterbury, Harawira-Naera could join Ricky Stuart’s side immediately.

News Corp understands Canberra would target fellow Bulldogs forward Adam Elliott for next season should they miss signing Harawira-Naera. It would appear either way the Raiders will go after one of the two Bulldogs.

The situation presents an enormous challenge for incoming Canterbury coach Trent Barrett who would no doubt want to retain both forwards.

Raiders officials were uncontactable this morning.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/c25bfb7d72d22a3befc107e25f5722f9
Really dont want to lose either of them TBH. Prob 2 of our best players.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive never been able to accept him..weird isnt it
I remember him signing with us in 2018 and in the same sentence said he can't wait to go back to Penrith.