Soccer Chelsea F.C Super Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It would be wrong of Roman to sack AVB right now...

Chelsea need to flush out the deadwood and the ageing players and restructure the whole squad for the future.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be wrong of Roman to sack AVB right now...

Chelsea need to flush out the deadwood and the ageing players and restructure the whole squad for the future.
I think Roman realises this now (after about 38 managers). Expect massive movement in and out of Chelsea in the next 2 transfer windows.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does no one learn.. give him time AVB will be a great manager.

when you have **** ****s in midfield ie mikel who you turned into a DM when he was an AM and ramieres who i dont know what the **** the point of him is, he aint creative/boxtobox/defensive he's just there.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
get rid of deadwood like kalou, malouda, mikel, bosingwa, anelka, even drogs' time is up. + lampard, terry and ash are all coming towards the end of their careers. mass movement time imo. in a couple of years our team could look like:

Courtois
VDW - Luiz - ? ( Chalobah ) - Bertrand
Romeu
Mceachran - Kakuta / Gotze / Hazard
Sturridge - Lukaka / Torres - Mata

P

Paint.

With Arsenal pulling out of the chase for Cahill, we should most likely have him by next season... should stabilise our defense a bit.

Our finishing in this match was shocking. Until Sturridge came on, no one could land a shot. Pretty much everything was wide... don't understand why Torres and Meireles weren't brought on until the 84th min.

I think AVBs a good manager and has the potential to take our squad to a championship in the next few years, tho some of his decisions are pretty poor tbh.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Olols Leverkusen looks like have scored a late winner with mins to go! If you dont play well against Valencia I dont think you will progress haha. ****s gonna get close!

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can tell a fake club because the supporters will get on the bandwagon when things are going well but they don't even seem dissapointed after two big losses. Chelsea fake club. Man U fake club. C'mon Liverpool!! And Man City to take over Manchester!!!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
you can tell a fake club because the supporters will get on the bandwagon when things are going well but they don't even seem dissapointed after two big losses. Chelsea fake club. Man U fake club. C'mon Liverpool!! And Man City to take over Manchester!!!
Man Utd are not a fake club but City are... Fergie built this club to be where they are now, same what Shankly has done with Liverpool

Malla

Reaction score
Man Utd are not a fake club but City are... Fergie built this club to be where they are now, same what Shankly has done with Liverpool
There is no such thing as a fake club. Fergie did not build the club to be where they are now, he managed it. Billionaire owners were a key in sustaining the success of the club over the years through their financial backing so they built it.

Hibs

Leith San Siro
Reaction score
Fake? You mean like bandwagon Liverpool fans who aren't from Merseyside?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahaha at calling Manchester United a fake club! Oh my!

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he might be a poor mans david silva, but fuaark he can play. mata is already in the top 10 players in the epl imo and is along with sturridge and ramires carrying our team. drogbas been a great servant but his times up. torres provided 10x more in 10 minutes than drogba did for 80 yesterday

P

Paint.

Agreed on Mata. Best buy in aaages!

I don't get the Torres situation. If he finds form, IMO, he'd easily be one of the best forwards in England, but how's he meant to find form with no game time? 18 mins in 3 weeks, that's shocking... even the crowd were chanting out for Torres! :p

I'm starting to like Romeu more and more as each game goes by. The kid's talented, hopefully we can hold onto him when other clubs come snooping around..

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
torres >>> drogba anyday of the week for me now. i was happy with torres when he came on he looked lively and created opportunities and hes done better than drogba in his starts this year ! romeu will be a star, too bad he has a buy-back clause in his contract which im sure barca will activate :( absolute star in the making

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty much. im not sure whether personal considerations and preferences come into play though, will be interesting to see what happens. you can tell straight away he is straight from the barca adademy, his passing completion i read for all competitions is around 95%

P

Paint.

Thing is, he'll struggle to get a start at Barca. Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Keita, Busquets, Adriano, Afellay...