Cheating. Does everyone in the NRL from the hierarchy down to the players know it is happening?

Salary Cap cheating.

• Yes it has always happened and the CEO on down know about it and treat us as idiots.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Yes but only some players, club and managers know.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No, just happens every now and then.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
My latest thought: Everyone in the NRL from the hierarchy down to the players know it is happening and are happy for it too......until the press find out.

Well one thing has occurred to me. Why is it that no one is screaming up a storm (pun not intended) about Parra's cheating, the fact they can play for points again and the lightness of the sentence? I mean they have been cheating 5 out of 6 years and even had board meetings about how to do and to this point refuse to admit nor take responsibility for their actions let alone showing some form of integrity.

The players, ex-players, commentators and coaches in the game are quiet, it's like a secret held by all of the "insiders" of the game has been aired and they are keen to show minimum reaction while the door gets slowly closed again. The other night on the NRL 360 show (I think) it was highlighted that why is it that every player is saying "I feel sorry for the players", well why do they feel sorry for them....they helped to cheat. Gaz and Corey Parker the other night said that they would be filthy if they were Nathan Peats in regards to being forced out due to the effort it takes to go for a Grand final, why is it that people aren't annoyed about the unfair advantage Parra have been given by assembling this team illegally?

I can possibly imagine that the unrated players on minimum wage may say "they didn't know" but even they I am sure would "suspect" something is going on. As for the players getting the money I have no doubt that they know what is happening. I mean 50k in a paper bag is suss as and if you get that than you must know something. Let's remember, ignorance is no excuse and IMO the players need to be held responsible aswell. Why do they never get audited by the ATO after it is found? Shouldn't the NRL be legally required to pass on that info to the ATO?

I simply believe that "extra payments" have been a part of the game for generations from the well known stories that ex players have said through to this moment and time. I believe all parts of our game know it from the CEO down to the players and I also believe that it is "accepted" up until the press unearth the story, then I believe it is also "known" that who ever is found guilty has to pay a price simply for "gullible fans" so the "right thing" is seen to be done.

The last thing the NRL should have ever done was to get into bed with betting agencies, I mean get rid of smoking labels only jump into bed with the bookies......does that seem hypocritical to anyone else?

Anyways, I am interested to poll people and get an idea on what people think about this issue....is it happening and are we fools in thinking that our game is "above board"?

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I have seen a club CEO meet with my employer to negotiate a TPA for a player.

So I voted yes.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Did the TPA come in brown paper bag.
No but a price was negotiated by the club CEO and other management and my boss to sponsor a player.

The funniest part is for all the money he paid the player only ever did one advertising appearance the whole time and turned down every other request due to football commitments.

He did get box tickets and all of that but yeah it is the done thing in the NRL

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well one thing has occurred to me. Why is it that no one is screaming up a storm (pun not intended) about Parra's cheating, the fact they can play for points again and the lightness of the sentence?

Parra are the new Souths for fuck sake!!!! Parra Premiers 2016.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well one thing has occurred to me. Why is it that no one is screaming up a storm (pun not intended) about Parra's cheating, the fact they can play for points again and the lightness of the sentence?

Parra are the new Souths for fuck sake!!!! Parra Premiers 2016.
If not this year....soon, it seems.
When the NRL decided Souths were to win a comp they didn't stop until they got it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The other thing I have queries about is how much did the betting markets influence the NRL's decision in allowing them to still take place in this year competition????

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The other thing I have queries about is how much did the betting markets influence the NRL's decision in allowing them to still take place in this year competition????
I just million were put on the eels to make the 8 so the betting agencies will tell the refs to keep themy out

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably. There's always been that thing with family members having "jobs" for the club hey.
500k a year to be a receptionist. Its certainly a good dodgy way to pay overs for a star player.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I were running the Bulldogs, I'd cheat like a motherfucker.
I'd even offer to service ALL the players mums, not like that tightass Russell Crowe !

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club got it backwards and employed des on 1 million a year just to get his wife as receptionist on 15k a year. That lady can type

Status
Not open for further replies.