Chasing Luai

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve marked them.
He’s not accepting 759k when someone will throw Lebanese money at him
I still think raiders is a perfect fit style and cap wise. He gets a mil there.
But don’t think he wants to leave the Tongan community so this is where I see the tigers throw up just under a mil and he accepts and doesn’t need to move house
Screenshot_20230905-222534~2.png

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Go up to literally any leb above 21 and not walking alone and ask to see their cash and they will pull a thick wad of pineapples from somewhere. Wallet, jacket, bun bag, wherever. Every single one.
Ask him where he got it from he will wink at u and one of the boys will step in and say ‘don’t ask questions braaah, don’t ask them’ in a kind yet aggressive tone.
Try it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’ve marked them.
He’s not accepting 759k when someone will throw Lebanese money at him
I still think raiders is a perfect fit style and cap wise. He gets a mil there.
But don’t think he wants to leave the Tongan community so this is where I see the tigers throw up just under a mil and he accepts and doesn’t need to move house
10 billion Lira and he will come here

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Unrelated note because of weak Lebanese dollar I’m thinking of going over there to get a wife and bring her here. They are desperate atm so I will easy pull a hunnny.

Fiest time leaving Sydney since I took a trip to Canberra in 2012 and a Newcastle trip in 2018

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He should take the Money this is his chance at a big pay day. Already lost the SOO position so his value is on the way down. If he waits another 2 or so years money might not be there. That being said if he stays they could win another 2 or 3 premierships.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go up to literally any leb above 21 and not walking alone and ask to see their cash and they will pull a thick wad of pineapples from somewhere. Wallet, jacket, bun bag, wherever. Every single one.
Ask him where he got it from he will wink at u and one of the boys will step in and say ‘don’t ask questions braaah, don’t ask them’ in a kind yet aggressive tone.
Try it.
What are you implying about my hard working Lebanese brothers?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low ball AF for a half in the new cap. He will get 1mil plus offers from multiple clubs including us. If I’m him I leave, he has already won comps. Only way he gets out of clearys shadow is by leading a team weekly in the NRL
Crawley was right on NRL360...
All you need to do is show him Matt Burton's highlights reel. That would be enough to make him think twice about leaving or doing what Edwards did and take a lower offer.

I suppose the difference is, Luai is and has always been an established 5/8th. So may not be as bad as Burton.

But the point is still there... Go to Dogs or Tigers or Dragons and you'll find yourself having to drive standards under the scrutiny of all coaches, media and fans.

Or stay at Penrith and cruise along in a system you already know, community you already know supports you, and in a team that can carry you every once in a while.

The decision isn't as clear cut.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He should take the Money this is his chance at a big pay day. Already lost the SOO position so his value is on the way down. If he waits another 2 or so years money might not be there. That being said if he stays they could win another 2 or 3 premierships.
One could argue Walker didn't really earn the right to retain his spot given Souths capitulation

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crawley was right on NRL360...
All you need to do is show him Matt Burton's highlights reel. That would be enough to make him think twice about leaving or doing what Edwards did and take a lower offer.

I suppose the difference is, Luai is and has always been an established 5/8th. So may not be as bad as Burton.

But the point is still there... Go to Dogs or Tigers or Dragons and you'll find yourself having to drive standards under the scrutiny of all coaches, media and fans.

Or stay at Penrith and cruise along in a system you already know, community you already know supports you, and in a team that can carry you every once in a while.

The decision isn't as clear cut.
An extra 400k a year is pretty clear cut. Opportunity to escape the shadow of Cleary. Already won comps. A real NRL player wants a challenge…..and Crawley the dopey **** is never right

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Club bought Burton to play 5/8 to build a future around. He's not on chump change.
I wouldnt say the position of H/B is sorted.
I assume Crichton is being payed well to play F/B.
Gus is all about cap balance. Doesnt make sense to spend close to a million dollars a year for Luai when we have Burton. Doubt we'd be chasing Luai.

Last edited:

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Club bought Burton to play 5/8 to build a future around. He's not on chump change.
I wouldnt say the position of H/B is sorted.
I assume Crichton is being payed well to play F/B.
Gus is all about cap balance. Doesnt make sense to spend close to a million dollars a year for Luai when we have Burton. Doubt we'd be chasing Luai.
@SPEARTAKVIDREFS I couldn't agree more.

I would be staggered if we chase Luai. Love him or hate him, Gus knows we need a bonafide 7, not another 6.

They're either waiting till '25 or a break in contract for a 7, or they're telling the truth that sexton and Burton are the future.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@SPEARTAKVIDREFS I couldn't agree more.

I would be staggered if we chase Luai. Love him or hate him, Gus knows we need a bonafide 7, not another 6.

They're either waiting till '25 or a break in contract for a 7, or they're telling the truth that sexton and Burton are the future.
Will be interesting what new recruits will be announced in the coming weeks.
No-one expects Gus to pull off the impossible and announce a gun 7. I think sexyboy did well considering what he walked into mid season.
Will be interesting to see what we look like after a preseason and a fresh start.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
An extra 400k a year is pretty clear cut. Opportunity to escape the shadow of Cleary. Already won comps. A real NRL player wants a challenge…..and Crawley the dopey **** is never right
He hates the Dogs more than Buzz and that’s saying something/ he’s a salty c**t

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We saw this halves pairing at the panthers when Cleary was out injured I remember everyone on here saying they made our halves look good