Chasing Luai

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The reports of us chasing Luai to me this seems like absolute madness. Laui and Burton in the halves would never work. Unless we shift Burton out to left centre but I can’t see that happening unless he really flops again next year by which time Luai will already be signed.
Thoughts?

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reports of us chasing Luai to me this seems like absolute madness. Laui and Burton in the halves would never work. Unless we shift Burton out to left centre but I can’t see that happening unless he really flops again next year by which time Luai will already be signed.
Thoughts?
Luai is best staying at Panther he will not be as good anywhere else SOO showed that but he is get 850 at Penrith and 1m elsewhere

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
Could work if we shift Burton to Fb.
Can only justify spending those dead presidents on spine players.
That then opens up a whole new conversation on whether Burton goes back there.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
there's no way he's joining after he found out that the weak-gutted dog is coming here.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts?
We sign their players whenever the Panthers decide to sacrifice someone to keep higher priorities. Same happened with Kikau and Crichton. I'm sure Ciraldo and Gus will go big time for Luai also whether we need him or not and at the sacrifice of what we really need more in good middles. Looks lie Burton will play centre. He's not really a five-eight anyway. Doesn't even use his big kick so what use is he. Why put up bobs just to hand the ball ov er when you can kick high and the opposition fumble and it gives time for our chasers to pressure those catching the ball ? Burton doesn't deserve to play in the halves without a passing game and without a running game which he doesn't use either. Luai is a f..kwit but I'm not really bothered if he acts like a dick when playing for us. He's competitive at least and it might rub off on others. He knows hom to make use of Kikau with his passes a lot better than Burton ever will but i'm gonna be spewing if we don't get at least one decent starting prop (not SST whose burnt out)

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A couple of marquee middles changes things for us…Sexton fixes 7 and complements Burton better imo - I feel like something is brewing though, I can see Luai moving on especially after the Martin and Edwards signing…

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Luai is a elite level half. A lot of what I see him do is off the cuff, which is okay, but he lacks any real consistency. He just seems to skip along and do goose steps

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think Luai is a elite level half. A lot of what I see him do is off the cuff, which is okay, but he lacks any real consistency. He just seems to skip along and do goose steps
Luai's an elite five-eighth. Munster is the only five-eighth better than him and depending on the week you can interchange with Cody Walker.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an idea that would just about work, but we need to be prepared to do it...

We approach Penrith for a swap. Luai for Burton.

Penrith cannot afford to offer Luai even the 850k he is on. But we can.

If Burton is willing to take a good haircut and sever dissolve his contract with us and take up 500k at Penrith, I think it can happen.

The question is....will Penrith consider Burton at 500k??

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be terrible, but this is the sort of ‘big money superstar’ that we’d liekly end up with

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t line his game. Don’t like the way he plays. Don’t like his ego. Not what we need. Guy is the master of cheap shots. Decent player in a great team and system. But would be 1/4 of the player at any other club.

If we are looking for a million dollar half it’s Munster, it’s walker, it’s cleary, it’s Moses. If we are talking about 750k-850k halves we are talking hunt, maybe Sam walker, Adam Reynolds, jarome Hughes etc. again all more rounded and superior to luai.

He isn’t an organiser. Fair enough pretty dynamic and a live wire running the ball. But won’t get you to a premiership without the class he has around him. I would seriously contemplate the clubs sanity if we get him. Salmon is also making me questioning it but I guess small contract over 2 years makes it seem like a decent stop gap. But Luai will throw us off the cliff of stupidity.