Charlie Staines

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hear a lot about this kid and his electric speed ... but apparently this is an issue that's plagued him for a long time ...
I'm not sure how I feel about the dogs chasing him as a recruitment... I mean he would be great if fit but .... playing only 30% of the season isn't what we need Screenshot_20200919-074222_NRL.jpg

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Tommy turbo has the same issue with his hammies

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His hammies are a concern for sure. He did his hammy after his debut, then missed several games. Then did it again in his next game then was out for a while. Now he's done it again at training..

That's not a good sign for a player as young as him. Players like Turbo or Moylan with bad hammies end up being in and out of your team all season.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is partly the reason manly are where they are at
With a fully fit turbo they're a different side
Cronulla as well with moylan fully fit
I'm not sure I really want to go down that path
However we do have a reliable back up in Hoppa, so maybe we could take a gamble with him.
He is definitely an exciting prospect

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So young and Hammie problems already, that sucks .!! Such a promising player too.!!!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should be chasing the cowboys kid to play fullback. Fidow he’s not signed for next season is he yet ?

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is partly the reason manly are where they are at
With a fully fit turbo they're a different side
Cronulla as well with moylan fully fit
I'm not sure I really want to go down that path
However we do have a reliable back up in Hoppa, so maybe we could take a gamble with him.
He is definitely an exciting prospect
Sorry, but matt moylan is so over rated!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear a lot about this kid and his electric speed ... but apparently this is an issue that's plagued him for a long time ...
I'm not sure how I feel about the dogs chasing him as a recruitment... I mean he would be great if fit but .... playing only 30% of the season isn't what we need View attachment 16979
As I’ve stated previously,talented kid,the media says he wants 500k a season,with injuries and played 3 nrl games,u figure it out is he worth it?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I’ve stated previously,talented kid,the media says he wants 500k a season,with injuries and played 3 nrl games,u figure it out is he worth it?
The knights took that risk with Ponga but I think he had shown more potential at that stage.

I wouldn’t think any more than $350k but Baz would have seen a lot of him so I am more than happy to trust his judgement.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The knights took that risk with Ponga but I think he had shown more potential at that stage.

I wouldn’t think any more than $350k but Baz would have seen a lot of him so I am more than happy to trust his judgement.
Hamstrings at such a young age,that bothers me,and kalyn ponga,is a special talent,staines not in same league.