Channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When u commentate u need to put ur heart, n bias for teams aside if ur an ex player or etc! Commentate the game for what it is!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a real issue with Kevin Walters calling any games at all, he is fast becoming the Qld Version of Gus Gould, he just can't help himself being biased if he is calling a game with any Qld team at all, even when it the Bronco's playing another Qld side he just can't help himself because of his involvement as co coach with Uncle Wayne in the past.
any other Qld teams playing each other he has nothing but praise for both sides etc etc. no matter how bad they are playing, TBH, I think he is a pretty good Bloke IMO and a likeable person however, he should not be allowed to co commentate during a game involving a Qld side especially while he is the origin coach as well.
Anyone else agree with me?? Wally does it reasonably well but, he cannot hide 100% the fact that he is a Queenslander..... but then again he is no longer a coach.
They are all biased with the exception of Rabs and Sterlo.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I bet the Reynolds trip gets hammered on the Sunday morning footy show today,

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Watching the Ch9 coverage on Friday night was pretty difficult if you are a Dogs supporter.

Phil Gould was riding the Merge to win all the way - awful display of bias.

In the post match segment, Pinger Johns had a big smirk on his face and said Reynolds had to get six weeks suspension for the trip.

The fat chick with no idea basically just agreed with Pinger.

Funny not one mention from any of them of the blatant high tackle by Thompson on Jackson (which no on-field official or the bunker was able to see despite how obvious it was and despite Jackson staying down, spitting out blood and having to leave the field because of the high shot).

Yet fortunately some sanity prevailed with the MRC as JR free to play and Thompson to be suspended.

Disgraceful officiating and disgraceful commentary.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Chanel
Emma freeman,
Originally when she came along, she was a little bit plump,
But she looks like she has lost a bit of that plumpness,
Looks like a real little pocket rocket now,
Little blonde with curves, still, but in way better shape,

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, 10 bucks a month extra for Foxtel HD channels is the best money I spend as I never have to watch channel nien again.

I have forgotten how that senile ****, the fat **** and all the other junkie ***** sound like.

jimbob

Waterboy
Reaction score
I bet the Reynolds trip gets hammered on the Sunday morning footy show today,

100% Correct. I could only watch for about 3 minutes. I feel so much dumber for that experience. Not one mention of Thompsons high shot either. Fucking morons Johns, Fittler and Lockyer.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, 10 bucks a month extra for Foxtel HD channels is the best money I spend as I never have to watch channel nien again.

I have forgotten how that senile ****, the fat **** and all the other junkie ***** sound like.
I agree, haven't watched 9 all year then had to for SOO, how bad it was! Only problem with Fox is that idiot Voss, just gives me bad memories of the bad days being forced to watch ch9. I love fox having every game live, it's awesome.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox is definitely better than 9 but fuck i can't stand anasta and alexander either. Voss tries a little too hard to be entertaining at times too.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

same here

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fox is definitely better than 9 but fuck i can't stand anasta and alexander either. Voss tries a little too hard to be entertaining at times too.
Let's be realistic guys, ANYTHING is better than Nine and they are learning the hard way that now there is some competition for the viewing public they are not as popular as they believed. Their popularity was based on exclusivity, something they no longer have.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be realistic guys, ANYTHING is better than Nine and they are learning the hard way that now there is some competition for the viewing public they are not as popular as they believed. Their popularity was based on exclusivity, something they no longer have.
Yeah true. They have definitely gone down hill though. Rabs used to be a legend and was the voice of the game. Both he and gould are senile now.

N

Natboy

I always watch fox as well but professor gasnier drives me crazy the dopey looking know-all pelican

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The worst aspect of Channel Nine's coverage is all the crap they say about being "the home of Rugby League" and yet their pathetic and biased commentary and brainless commentators bring the game into more disrepute than any player ever did. They are massive hypocrites. Commentary is supposed to describe what is happening on the field, not provide a running list of opinions which either don't matter or are hopelessly biased, usually against the Bulldogs. Gould and Warren are about a decade past when they should have retired and the other idiots (Shittler, Finch and Johns) wouldn't have a single brain between the three of them. Sometimes you need an interpreter to understand their gibberish, which is spoken in some bogan dialect that only idiots understand.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I always watch fox as well but professor gasnier drives me crazy the dopey looking know-all pelican
Good call, but calling him a pelican is an insult to all the pelicans out there that have more personality than he does.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anasta is so against the Dogs and a very one sided Commentator.
I just wish both channels would watch the game instead or the Coaches Box/Sideline/Some random player/ Coaches Box again/Whos getting Subbed. FFS

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anasta is so against the Dogs and a very one sided Commentator.
I just wish both channels would watch the game instead or the Coaches Box/Sideline/Some random player/ Coaches Box again/Whos getting Subbed. FFS
It's very hard to focus on the game, which is supposedly why they are there, when you are waffling in gibberish over what Gus had for lunch or whether Ray Warren played golf today. They wander off topic (the game, supposedly) so much that it's a wonder that all of them haven't been diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD. I wish that it was possible to keep the crowd and ambient noise live but mute the commentary. The broadcast would be much more watchable. They need to learn that their opinions don't actually matter. For example, they had Josh Reynolds tried, convicted and sentenced before the game was over and yet the on field officials took no action.
It's hard to take their massive bias even during the bunker's decision making process . . . as if the bunker actually listens to them and follows their guidance. Their arrogance (especially Warren and Jibberish the Hutt) is sickening.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I work at Foxtel - very glad when we got the complete week of games so I don't have to listen to them - surprised more are not switching (who already have Fox)

Some feed back.

When you assholes decide to not make the good honest sports fan pay an extra $25 a month for the entertainment package when they just want sport let us know!

Until then my 10 year + subscription will stay cancelled and so will the subscriptions of a whole lot of other sports fans I've spoken to that have disconnected because they were sick of getting screwed.

I can handle (almost) listening to those fkn retards on 9 if it means I have an extra $300 in my pocket every year from paying for the Entertainment package that is useless and I don't need or should t have to pay for to watch sports.

If I want to watch it on fox then there's others ways anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.