Changes for next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawley recall, gotta do whats best for the club.

truckdriver

Waterboy
Reaction score
If the same team gets picked next week we are going to get destroyed. We are lacking punch and impact from the bench. I thought we played to Side ways need to go back to what we showed in round 1.

1. Mybe
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya (the backline stays because really there's nobody else)
6. Brown/cleeland
7. Foran
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Woods
11. Rfm
12. Martin
13. Jackson
14. If brown not in 6 he should be here. To me jmk offers nothing. Big waste
15. Eastwood
16. Tualua
17 renouf t

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a Centre / winger on the bench first and foremost is a complete waste of time. Bringing him on to play 10 mins at hooker simply makes no sense. Especially when you have a more than suitable replacement for Lichaa in Brown. Its one of the DUMBEST uses of a rugby league bench in history. If we can all see this i wonder what behind closed doors conversations the board are having about our Coach...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The solution won't be simple
This might work;
1 Mbye
2 b Morris
3 j Morris
4 Lewis / JMK defensively better
5 Hopote
6 Foran his natural position
7 Frawley the only real 1/2 we halve
8 Elliott not working in the back-row he could become a successful prop not too fast for him
9 JMK / Brown either player might spark the team
10 Klemmer
11 Jackson
12 RFM
13 Woods can be freed to play his style

This bench can provide the necessary impact needed
14 Lichaa
15 To'omaga
16 Eastwood / Fine
17 Tualau

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that our reserve grade squad has lost its purpose & contains a lot of players who will never play 1st grade. In the next few years it has to transition back to a pathway to 1st grade. If a player is deemed as never being able to transition to 1st grade then flush them and put in the next kid who shows promise. Reserve grade, in my opinion, has to be more ruthless that 1st grade in its approach to selection.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The solution won't be simple
This might work;
1 Mbye
2 b Morris
3 j Morris
4 Lewis / JMK defensively better
5 Hopote
6 Foran his natural position
7 Frawley the only real 1/2 we halve
8 Elliott not working in the back-row he could become a successful prop not too fast for him
9 JMK / Brown either player might spark the team
10 Klemmer
11 Jackson
12 RFM
13 Woods can be freed to play his style

This bench can provide the necessary impact needed
14 Lichaa
15 To'omaga
16 Eastwood / Fine
17 Tualau
Shuffling the tight 3 doesn't make any difference. They still stand in the same positions in defence and attack. JMK has no chance of being selected in centres - he is too small for starters and hasn't trained there. Hoppa is 10 times a better centre than Lewis so that doesn't make any sense. Happy for Montoya to go but it has to be for someone with speed and height. So that leaves Bergamin/Smith or maybe Olive (although he didn't do much yesterday). Our biggest defensive weakness so far this year has been Jackson out wide. That is where we need to shore things up. He is fine in tight but just can't move laterally quick enough out wide. We need a better defender and therefore second rower out there.

As someone said earlier, one of our biggest issues is not having any impact off the bench. We seem to go pretty well first up but then when the rotations come on we fall behind. I think it is time for Klemm to go back to the bench and come on against a tiring defence. He played his best footy doing that. That would mean we need to bring in a prop to start and both of the props yesterday went OK although To'omaga was the standout and he carries the advantage of being able to offload.

So for mine:
1. Mbye
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Olive (or Smith)
6. JMK
7. Foran
8. To'omaga
9. Lichaa
10.Woods
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. Brown
15. Eastwood
16. Klemm
17. Fine

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shuffling the tight 3 doesn't make any difference. They still stand in the same positions in defence and attack. JMK has no chance of being selected in centres - he is too small for starters and hasn't trained there. Hoppa is 10 times a better centre than Lewis so that doesn't make any sense. Happy for Montoya to go but it has to be for someone with speed and height. So that leaves Bergamin/Smith or maybe Olive (although he didn't do much yesterday). Our biggest defensive weakness so far this year has been Jackson out wide. That is where we need to shore things up. He is fine in tight but just can't move laterally quick enough out wide. We need a better defender and therefore second rower out there.

As someone said earlier, one of our biggest issues is not having any impact off the bench. We seem to go pretty well first up but then when the rotations come on we fall behind. I think it is time for Klemm to go back to the bench and come on against a tiring defence. He played his best footy doing that. That would mean we need to bring in a prop to start and both of the props yesterday went OK although To'omaga was the standout and he carries the advantage of being able to offload.

So for mine:
1. Mbye
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Olive (or Smith)
6. JMK
7. Foran
8. To'omaga
9. Lichaa
10.Woods
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. Brown
15. Eastwood
16. Klemm
17. Fine
Can To'omaga play as a prop??? If so. I like that team.

Not a Lichaa fan but he can play the first 30 as a tackle machine. Maybe holland on the wing but meh either way

bazboof

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dean it’s time for new blood if we wanted the same team picked every week with no one is getting dropped we would still have des hasler coaching us and our reserve grade team is going well so now is the time to give our young guys a go we will not know if they can step up if they don’t get a chance TIME FOR CHANGE!!!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This has been something obvious for the past few years - the team looks unfit. There is no energy left to close out a game, and they are steamrolled late in each half. With the best training facilities in the NRL, why can't our players last the distance?
We probably don't have the right people around involved in that department. Just look at the state of Eastwood in round 1, it was an embarrassment that Pay allowed him onto the field, in what universe did he look fit enough to play NRL footy?

It also could be a confidence thing. When your not confident in what you're doing then your movements will look sluggish. Your decision making is slower as you doubt yourself and as result you lose that intent. This is pretty much game over at the top level of sport.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Pay won’t change shit he loves his

“He is a good kid mate”
“He trains really really hard”
“The young fella comes 30mins before training and leaves 30mins after”
“Ahh he isn’t the most skilled bloke but he is a good mate”

These players are: Elliot, Holland and JMK. All effort offer nothing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can To'omaga play as a prop??? If so. I like that team.

Not a Lichaa fan but he can play the first 30 as a tackle machine. Maybe holland on the wing but meh either way
Yep. He played in the 10 yesterday and has been at prop in all the games I have seen him. Seems to have built up his stamina from when I saw him last year so he is getting closer.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. He played in the 10 yesterday and has been at prop in all the games I have seen him. Seems to have built up his stamina from when I saw him last year so he is getting closer.
Mind blank.... disregard what i said. Of course he did

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nu Brown is on a two year contract. He may be on Manly's wish list but it is up to us to release him. I'd say it all depends on what do we get in return as I can't see us wanting to do the sea eagles any favors.
we have our own cap problems going forward so they may look to release players.. I sure hope Nu gets a crack at 9 before they consider letting him go if that were to be the case..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we have our own cap problems going forward so they may look to release players.. I sure hope Nu gets a crack at 9 before they consider letting him go if that were to be the case..
Get a grip there is no way that we are just going to had Nu Brown over without getting something in return. All this talk about our cap this our cap that, need I remind you guys Canberra have been flirting with the cap the last 5 years and they are still operating as per usual.

Last edited:

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
1.mbye
2.bmozz
3.jmozz
4.hoppa
5.carr
6.foran
7.lewis
8.woods
9.brown
10.klemmer
11.rfm
12.okinbor
13.jackson

14.tualau
15.fualalo
16.to’omaga
17.ogden

The season is over we need to give some young guys some experience so we lose a few more games what’s the difference get some experience into them now

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get a grip there is no way that we are just going to had Nu Brown over without getting something in return. All this talk about our cap this our cap that, need I remind you guys Canberra have been flirting with the cap the last 5 years and they are still operating as per usual.
It all depends on how much they value Nu, I mean, they are persisting with that slug Lichaa rather than give him a crack.. and Holland of all players on the bench

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is absolutely nothing that can be changed for next week because this club has no depth in key positions of any quality and no young guns coming through

Status
Not open for further replies.