Opinion Change up for round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Teamlist Tuesday . . . Hopefully Baz has the balls to make to the changes we need
I think we have seen he has the ballz to make changes but I don’t think this week it’s needed.

except for jmk

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
surely Cook deserves an opportunity at starting hooker or at least off the bench, Lumelume if available surely has to be an attacking option for cross field bombs from Burto, he was always a strong ball carrier out of defense for the Storm as well.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lumelume is not in the top 30..there is an (excellent) thread detailing our current FG eligible players

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Honestly I would not make much changes at this point. I would however look at Cook down the line in the hooker position and giving him a crack if he really is FG ready. Otherwise... its going to continue to be JMK. I do believe if BBO is going to be in the 17 he should come on a bit earlier not the last 15-20 minutes.

The only changes I could predict is changes to our 1-5 other than the FOX. Allan/Schoupp making cases there. But i can only think that Barrett is trying to have some stability in the back line. All i want to see is consistency and time for a lineup to build chemistry.
Yeh im sure they got Cook for a future reason, hes just in development stage. I'm happy they will stick with developing him, we have put too many underdeveloped players in fg in recent years. Only way he should get a start this year is injuries imo.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BBO isn’t an 80 minute player yet so
Cook, wakeham then BBO

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we have seen he has the ballz to make changes but I don’t think this week it’s needed.

except for jmk
The sooner the better, the right hand side was diabolical again, Our dummy half,whilst he is a decent defender, is inept in attack.And given the amount of time he has had to refine his game, there has been absolutely no improvement

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Allen
3. Schoupp
4. Avo
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanno
8. Vaughn
9. BBO
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. Waddles
13. TPJ

14. Cook
15. King
16. Ava
17. Patolo

Still some duds in there but we need to fill spots.
Shit we lack quality in the centres...Avo is not a centre...gets smashed and is a turnstyle in defence

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit we lack quality in the centres...Avo is not a centre...gets smashed and is a turnstyle in defence
i agree with that but idk who else would of made that pass to the fox

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's why he is still at centre, we don't have anyone better to replace him. I thought he played better against Penrith, but he still seems a bit gun shy in taking on the line and for someone whose running game is their strength,that isn't good

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i agree with that but idk who else would of made that pass to the fox
Ive been a bit disappointed in the fox, he has been reluctant to come in looking for the ball. He could be coming in hunting around for offloads when TPJ is having a run, instead of just waiting to be gifted the ball with plenty of time and space. He isn't in Melbourne anymore

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been a bit disappointed in the fox, he has been reluctant to come in looking for the ball. He could be coming in hunting around for offloads when TPJ is having a run, instead of just waiting to be gifted the ball with plenty of time and space. He isn't in Melbourne anymore
maybe it’s time to switch him to fullback LOL but nah ur right

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe it’s time to switch him to fullback LOL but nah ur right
We could do worse than trying the fox at fb and Dufty as a 14, He could come on when the defence is tiring around the middle and be dangerous and effective

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stimson surprised me. In his short minutes he was aggressive with dominant tackles, ran good line & showed effort to backup JAC. Like to see if he can back it up with more minutes this Friday. Hopefully he's on the bench.
Stimson read the play well for his try. I could see him take off down the middle as soon as the ball went along the line. When JAC was ready to pass he was perfectly positioned to receive it. Baa would have been proud of him.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could do worse than trying the fox at fb and Dufty as a 14, He could come on when the defence is tiring around the middle and be dangerous and effective
i feel like if barret makes any more changes that will draw me way too much media attention to us and that’s not we need

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Allan would be a better option than Naden and Allan is shit. Okunbors issues must be a concentration/ confidence thing. If his handling and catching were that bad at training he would never have got a run in first grade

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i feel like if barret makes any more changes that will draw me way too much media attention to us and that’s not we need
There's an old saying "don't fix it if it ain't broke" but that doesn't apply to us, "if you change nothing,nothing changes" that certainly applies to us

Status
Not open for further replies.