Opinion Change needs to happen!!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As frustrating as these losses are, we all need to remember what Gus said in the beginning "This is a long road and we won't be out of the worst of it until 2024".
Agree with this mostly and injuries have hit us hard this year.

I think everyone is over the answer of “next year”. Next year we will be a threat. Some improvement is expected that quite frankly isn’t happening.

The lack of balance in our Top 30 not just this season but the last few seasons. Is the start of the problem.

It was painfully obvious to all this time last season we lacked go forward and an organising half. Both these positions go hand in hand. With what our middles are currently providing. Cleary could be our 7 and it wouldn’t help us.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The changes that need to be made in my opinion are that Edwards,Wilson and possibly Hughes should be playing every week from now on. They all look like genuine no frills rugby league players and could give us a calm platform.
Perham started the season terrible, somehow started to get on course a few games later by being cautious in his involvement. Now he has started to go up a gear or two in his involvement and getting exposed for not being the fullback he thinks he is.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Morrin, Hughes, Nu Brown are some cup guys I want to see back into the team

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Skelton (shouldn't of been playing wing in reserve grade)
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Preston
12. Topine
13. Edwards

14. Wilson (cover OB's, can go with Rajab or Reynolds instead)
15. RFM
16. Pele
17. Morrin

I want to see something like this next week.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Our halves and fullback don’t know how to play numbers. The amount of times we had an o relapse out wide but rather than take the ball to the line , straighten them throw the pass everyone keeps running sideways so the time the wingers get the ball they have 3 players sliding across to tackle them.
No one knows the basics of how to hold up a defence line and straighten an attack.
And don’t get me started on the guy impersonating a footballer in number 6. We have the upper hand in the second half the coach puts him on and his first tackle strips the ball gives a penalty they go down the other end and score. He need to be as far away from first grade as is possible. Maybe the tigers will buy him for $800k again?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sele's had a very good year with Rabbit but we still need much much better. We need to add quality/elite to our roster not more do the job players.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sele's had a very good year with Rabbit but we still need much much better. We need to add quality/elite to our roster not more do the job players.
You can keep saying this and ignore that its not possible with what’s on the market so its the best we can do

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can keep saying this and ignore that its not possible with what’s on the market so its the best we can do
That's fine, just nothing is going to change until we do so.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As frustrating as these losses are, we all need to remember what Gus said in the beginning "This is a long road and we won't be out of the worst of it until 2024".
No, i think he said 2034. Just another 10 years. Most will be happy with that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The unrealistic expectations of our supporters got us in this place tbh.

After that first trial win, people on here were dancing on the ceiling out claiming all sorts of things.

This team hasn't had a proper coach, fitness coach, defensive coach etc for years if not their entire playing cycle for some of them.

It's going to take some time before we see a long-term and consistent improvment.

This year has always been able getting the weeds out and replanting the grass for future growth.

We'll get there

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score

After that first trial win, people on here were dancing on the ceiling out claiming all sorts of things.

This team hasn't had a proper coach, fitness coach, defensive coach etc for years if not their entire playing cycle for some of them.

It's going to take some time before we see a long-term and consistent improvment.

This year has always been able getting the weeds out and replanting the grass for future growth.

We'll get there
Well said.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

We'll get there
I would say being the worst team in the competition is well below expectations, even for the fans with realistic expectations. We can not be accepting that as fans.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Difference between now and the pass years is were on the way up there’s millions locked up on the cap on the likes of TPJ, Thompson, RFM and Flanagan. I’ll judge Ciraldo when he gets his players instead of inheriting other coaches failures that can do the job he wants them to do. It’s hard enough without a stable halfback and even harder when both halves are young lacking that real experience. I thing I will say is are the likes of King and Kiraz Ciraldo forcing them back or is it from the players themselves putting that risk on their body. We look busted and I bet half the team is carrying something to. It’s no where near panic time or extreme criticism but there is question to be asked about certain things.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Change all you want nothing will be different. More of the same until the standard of first grader is increased we won’t go anywhere.