CD's 10 point analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
after what was a brilliant game i put a 10 point analysis that i think won us the game and will win us many more this season,,
these are not in particular order just randomly as they unscrabble from my head and end up on this page,,,

1,when our farwards fire up and play to there potential,no one can stop an easy fourty metres befor the kick to leave is in good feild position.well done mason,omeley and roy)

2.when we get a good vocal crowd behind us it really lifts the boys(well done bulldogs supporters)

3,the ref,,what can i say,,that was one of the most un bias games i have seen by a ref to our boys in some time(well done clarke)(cant beleive im saying this)

4,the biff,,any team is silly to start a bit of conflict with the bulldogs,,as a bonded team,your not just fighting one but the whole team,and when all the boys get pissed you know your gunna be in trouble.fires all the boys up(well done doggies).not to mention you dont want any of those 3 running at you let alone doing it with a grudge(mason,roy and shrek)

5,confidence,,its amazing what the bulldogss can do when the monkeys off there back and the spirit is high..

6,up and in defence,,alot of teams back away from the up and in defence but the bulldogs showed thar when you can do it properly and also add to it a slide defence style,it puts alot of presure on the ball players and gives them less time to react and set a play up,not to mention there were alot of dropped balls by the tigers players due to the fact that as soon as they got te ball they were hit and hit hard.

7,keeping position and having confidence in your inside team mate,,the bulldogs were rarely out of position and all made good tackles with minimal players needed,leaveing any off load by the tiger still acceptable to a good cut down tackle by the dogs,,when the tigers needed 4-5 players to take down a player like mason you know your gunna be short a few players if he gets the offload away.

8,the bench,,the bench was used beautifly in the game,having recognised players on the bench knowing you will still have impact players on the park when we give out starting farwards a bit of a break,,,imagine when sonny gets back on it with phelps..

9,rookies,what a difference it makes when you have some quality young players lerking in the branched,emilio will have a good chance to keep a regular 17 spot leaving us free roam to do what ever we want with reni and sonny(its good to have options)

10,,last but not least,,haaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmm
el,bloody,magic,
what can we say that hasnt been said?
im gunna call him *radarnet*,
*radar* for kicking and mag*net* for the try line...freeeeeeeeaaaaking champion..

if we keep these up all year,,17 straight wins will be nothing on this year,,,2006 premiers,taking it back....

and no bloody injuries

A

atomic_crimson

funny thing is speaking to non dogs fans who watched the game this morning when i went to get the paper... they all were saying that it WASNT the bulldogs best... if we can put 47 not at best could you imagine us when we are playing to our BEST!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Patten, Asotasi, Holdsworth, Emilio, Ryan, Utai and Sherwin were VERY impresive last night.

What more can be said about our gun 3? I dont even need to name them and you know who i'm talking about.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
i agree there's alot of room to improve. Sonny still to come back lol. Imagine our bench once he comes back.

O'Meley
Maitua
Sonny Bill Williams
Perry/Hughes

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
i agree there's alot of room to improve. Sonny still to come back lol. Imagine our bench once he comes back.

O'Meley
Maitua
Sonny Bill Williams
Perry/Hughes
*reaches for the tissues*

:p

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i agree with all the points above

the up n in defence is the bulldogs trademark, but you need the players to do it

because last year when we had phelps/richter, mcillwain on the right side defence after el masri got injured, it was the worst id ever seen

el masri is the best at coming off his line to stop a dangerous situation imo
utai still has some work to do in that department

also i really liked the way we laid the foundation for the win last night, it was really a classic style that we havent seen in a while

the forwards making the platform early with some heavy defence great charges with the ball, and a solid kick chase putting the tigers on the back foot

the scoring spree at the end of the game is a direct result of that opening 20 minutes

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
yeah,,we wore them down,,gave them a sniff,then closed the door in there face,,
just fantastic...

couldnt ask for a better game to end the drought

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
coastaldog said:
8,the bench,,the bench was used beautifly in the game,having recognised players on the bench knowing you will still have impact players on the park when we give out starting farwards a bit of a break,,,imagine when sonny gets back on it with phelps..

9,rookies,what a difference it makes when you have some quality young players lerking in the branched,emilio will have a good chance to keep a regular 17 spot leaving us free roam to do what ever we want with reni and sonny(its good to have options)
I think Phelps is gonna find it hard to get back in the team with Emilio there.....Emilio showed that he is good in attack and defence. Either way we have got a lot of depth this year just as good if not better that '04. When the Bench looks good then good things follow.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
well alot of our bench was reletively inexperiences at the start of 2004,,
hughes and asotasi were reputable.
sonny and thurston were reletively unknown at the start of the year.
by half way through the year we were a star studded bench.
it will happen again this year with the likes of emilio,phelps,scissors,cutler,armit and so on all playing for the last spot once sonny returns.
watch them all step up for it

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
phelps will, thankfully, be gone forever. congratulations to the forwards for
an outstanding performance, particularly willie and shreck ! as for hazem, well i have been a supporter now for 28 years and he is the best winger to play at this club in that time. a fine player and a gentleman good onya mate !!

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought holdsworth had a mighty game also...what are saints doing ?...lol

H

Hazmak

Stevie J said:

O'Meley
Maitua
Sonny Bill Williams
Perry/Hughes
O'Meley won't stay on the bench...he'll prolly start starting again when Sonny comes back.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is amazing, isn't it? 30 years of up and in defence, 30 years of dominating forwards. The players today weren't even born when this style of play evolved, yet they still play as if it was 30 years ago. It's like the team is a living organism that is independent of the players.

Every side knows exactly how we play yet, 30 years on, still can't find a way to beat us.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
Chris Harding said:
It is amazing, isn't it? 30 years of up and in defence, 30 years of dominating forwards. The players today weren't even born when this style of play evolved, yet they still play as if it was 30 years ago. It's like the team is a living organism that is independent of the players.

Every side knows exactly how we play yet, 30 years on, still can't find a way to beat us.
its great isnt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.