News CC Presser...

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah bro. If you are not going to at least try to tackle Sivo to save a try once - whats happening when every edge runner in the comp targets you.

Gotta play both sides of the ball. That was some next level weak shit for a first grader.
Relax. Firstly it was a no try. And secondly he tried to put the shoulder in but no one was stopping Sivo from 15cm out, no matter what tackle you put in.

I actually missed this during the game so went back to watch what it was that you were talking about. Couldn’t help but laugh about this one

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Relax. Firstly it was a no try. And secondly he tried to put the shoulder in but no one was stopping Sivo from 15cm out, no matter what tackle you put in
Yep - depend on the refs. Thats worked well to date for us.

And as for the tackle - if you're ok with it, then you've much lower standards than myself.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep - depend on the refs. Thats worked well to date for us.

And as for the tackle - if you're ok with it, then you've much lower standards than myself.
What I’m getting at is I’ve seen plenty worse than that. It doesn’t warrant writing off a player

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not more about him and more that Mahoney isn't effective for 80 mins
Yep, agree with that but that role wouldn't be suited to Flanagan in my opinion. It suits someone with spark and energy who can cover multiple positions ala Averillo (if he loses his centre spot next year), BBO, Rajab, etc.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TPJ made some glaring mistakes on defence but the other middles didn’t even show interest …he at least had a go showed energy even in his second stint he’s trying to chase across and stop Sivo…

Our other middles literally were passengers all game and when Burton was getting manhandled on halftime only Oloapu showed up

Guaranteed TPJ first one across to help

He played badly but so did Edwards, King, Reed

Our middles collectively are an issue

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name one?
Watch Damien Cooks effort last week. He’s a state of origin player. Dylan Edwards had one game where he wouldn’t go near Ravalawa. I’m not saying it’s acceptable but to write off a young kid after one poor tackle attempt is just weak. If he continues to do this then fair enough, but it seems you have a particular issue with Rajab to want him dropped after one stupid error when he has provided a bit of spark

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I liked the tone of CC saying he’ll ‘need to find players that can’. He’s got to drop the swearing though. He’s hands down the best spoken coach in the NRL. The only time tonight he’s lacked complete professionalism when speaking publicly .
Well the way the team played. It's hard not to swear.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Watch Damien Cooks effort last week. He’s a state of origin player. Dylan Edwards had one game where he wouldn’t go near Ravalawa. I’m not saying it’s acceptable but to write off a young kid after one poor tackle attempt is just weak. If he continues to do this then fair enough, but it seems you have a particular issue with Rajab to want him dropped after one stupid error when he has provided a bit of spark
Far from - I can live with a range of errors on the field - bailing out of tackling someone is not one of them. And if I say saw Mitchell or Edwards do the same, my view would be the same as well. I wouldn't accept it from a u10s kid - why would I accept it from a first grader?