CC presser vs titans.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m convinced… gus must be giving him some bloody good crack to smoke!

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Compared with previous games , CC comments make sense. the clubs down the players are down , copping from all sides in media and at least they showed a bit of fight. On to next year.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought the pack we hitting hard today, were aggressive but than would allow an off load and we were on the back foot. Happened to many times. Edge def broke down again with simple plays . Fmd alamoti allowed one try that was dead set the worst read of the year. Contact was good but the rest of the structure was bad. Gus n cam can figure that out we have 6 months respite.
I also think the energy in defence was good today but individual reads cost us a few tries and sadly , it’s been the case for all season .

Think we defended David Fifita very well but they thought Foran didn’t need to be tackled .

We looked under duress when ever they got an offload or when the defensive line couldn’t reset and we just seem incapable of soaking up pressure .

Plenty of work to do but I’m putting this down to a disruptive season with injuries and the calibre of players at our disposal.

One thing for sure , there’s going to a spotlight on ciraldo next season and the pressure will be intense for positive performances , so hopefully they weed out the toxicity in the place and rip in during the off season

astro_boy77

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sure;ly you guys are wise enough to understand what CC says publically is not what he would be saying privately.
As he has stated his job is help improve the players, you don't do that by rubishing them in a public setting.
Its leadership/management 101.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think he meant the defence was good but the tackles they did make were a lot better then any other game, I noticed straight away the boys were hitting harder and more aggressive. Few big contacts from kiks aswell. Defence was still poor in all other aspects though.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The media has been on our backs all week

why the fuck would he savage the players in a presser in the last round of the year when he knows the media are waiting to create more headlines about us

do you blokes think or just panic yourselves to dumb comments
It wouldn’t have mattered what he said, some people have already made up their minds that he’s a dud coach because he’s not doing things the way they think he should. And it will be the same with the next coach and the coach after that and the coach………..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure;ly you guys are wise enough to understand what CC says publically is not what he would be saying privately.
As he has stated his job is help improve the players, you don't do that by rubishing them in a public setting.
Its leadership/management 101.
Bro come on, everyone knows that the whole point of a press conference is for the coach to come on and tell you exactly what you want to hear.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think the energy in defence was good today but individual reads cost us a few tries and sadly , it’s been the case for all season .

Think we defended David Fifita very well but they thought Foran didn’t need to be tackled .

We looked under duress when ever they got an offload or when the defensive line couldn’t reset and we just seem incapable of soaking up pressure .

Plenty of work to do but I’m putting this down to a disruptive season with injuries and the calibre of players at our disposal.

One thing for sure , there’s going to a spotlight on ciraldo next season and the pressure will be intense for positive performances , so hopefully they weed out the toxicity in the place and rip in during the off season
This was the game to tell Knockonbur to wipe out the old man (what are they going to do, suspend him?), apart from Tino he was their main threat.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
praising the pathetic defensive effort of giving away 34 points in a game makes him more look like a dud which he actually is, and he has been doing this at the end of every loss for how many weeks now.

We are the worse defensive team in the comp by a country mile for fuck sake! Find something else to wank about in the press conference.
All I said when I heard him say that was, what?!! 34 points against, I don't think Bellamy would be praising his players. He'd be ripping the paint off the walls.

Faaaark, I keep backing this guy and still will but come mid next year if we aren't around top eight I'm not sure if I'll continue to do so. No excuses, we must improve with the team we'll have next year

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I said when I heard him say that was, what?!! 34 points against, I don't think Bellamy would be praising his players. He'd be ripping the paint off the walls.

Faaaark, I keep backing this guy and still will but come mid next year if we aren't around top eight I'm not sure if I'll continue to do so. No excuses, we must improve with the team we'll have next year

I think next year we will have a weaker team on paper compared to this year.

We have no forwards.

At least this year we had Thompson and TPJ who no matter how bad they have performed this year are/were still Rep players.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I think everyone was saying the same thing about Barrett. We all know how that went.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
but come mid next year
Don't think you'll need to wait that long.
By the trials, we will know what's been going on in the pre-season.
By the first few rounds, we'll know if the coaching has made any improvement on this year (it shouldn't be too hard).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't think you'll need to wait that long.
By the trials, we will know what's been going on in the pre-season.
By the first few rounds, we'll know if the coaching has made any improvement on this year (it shouldn't be too hard).
How hard is it to get guys to play to their best ability. I'm not saying Top 4 skill levels: just basic. It's just so crazy we are still in this predicament of totally basic skills unable to be implemented on the field.

Next year we will have run out of excuses surely.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Next year we will have run out of excuses surely.
I think Ciraldo has used his last excuse card already (probably tried to use it a couple of times after it expired).
He now has another full pre-season and even more recruits of his choosing.
He has thrown a few "dispensible" players under the bus; it's now all on him.
No more excuses.

We don't need to make the top 8 necessarily (might be nice if we did though), but if we're vying for the spoon (again), not competing, and throwing up the worst defence in the comp, bar none, then there's nowhere left for him to hide.
If he can make us look like we have a clue, and that we're showing some kind of improvement, he'll get through to 2025.
Let's hope his second pre-season produces better results than Barrett's...