Castleford threatens to steal top Australian stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bruce

Hopefully he will be gone soon
From your perspective. We still need him to teach Groom the way our halfbacks play. I remember Lamb and Mortimer teaching our Roberts/Sherwin combo how to play, tips etc...

makbulldog

Blue & White Blood
Reaction score
Sherwin will go over and be one of the best half backs over there. He still has the talent, just as long as he is motivated and got his head in the right place.
True, but how many chances can we give him, no point having a massive forward pack and no classy halfback, remember we chose him over Thurston and look what Thurston has done, let him go well in UK, all aussies do.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, but how many chances can we give him, no point having a massive forward pack and no classy halfback, remember we chose him over Thurston and look what Thurston has done, let him go well in UK, all aussies do.
It's a Thing that hapens to eery Club In My Opinion. One day that Player aint doing sh*t & is a Wste of te Salary Cap and then once you sell him, he gains massive Ground. Samething will probably happen Sherwin if our Team does decode to let him loose.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this would be a good move for shifty.. his days in the NRL are well and truely over IMO and wont be back to his old form.

He could make some cash up there before his career is over and it would allow the Doggies to try fresh tactics with a new halfback.
I agree to a point, Roberts isnt up to it and starting with a new guy takes time, we all though DJ would step up but he hasnt.

It wil be a long year if he goes, when he pays well we win, when h plays bad we et spanked

Offseason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with u mate but i wont rule out a mid season release if he doesnt perform and some player like groom/barba step up next yr and play awsome... so it all depends how sherwin performs next yr but holdsworth i know bulldogs i trying to get rid of him lol his just a waste of money.
No use releasing him half way through next year. Just use the money he is wasting when he is off contract.

Offseason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From your perspective. We still need him to teach Groom the way our halfbacks play. I remember Lamb and Mortimer teaching our Roberts/Sherwin combo how to play, tips etc...
LOL, we certainly don't need Sherwin to teach him anything. He was always overrated. He only looked good when he had Anasta outside him and Thurston comming off the bench. Also it is no coincidence that he played his best footy in 02 when he had Vagana and Talau in the centres.

I have no problem Lamb teaching the young fellas but I wouldn't want Sherwin to teach them anything. He has no heart and even less skill

Status
Not open for further replies.