Carbon tax

Will the carbon tax in Australia significantly reduce global temperatures?

• Yes

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 84.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No as other have said the main polluters are the developing countries & the US.

With that being said, If a carbon tax was solely used for funding solar power schemes such as solar farms and installation of solar panels on every home and unit then it would be justifiable. Not on the basis of reducing greenhouse emissions, but on the basis that every household would see saving on electricity bills which have been spiraling out of control.
this would be the best result. all homes becoming self-sustainable and using renewable, clean energy. throw in rain water tanks as well, among other things. the less impact we have on this planet including the water tables, let alone the dwindling dams that cannot keep up with an ever growing population, the better off we'll be

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
With Julia Gillard announcing the details of the carbon tax on Sunday night, do you think it is worth having our economy go backwards to try and change global temperatures, despite the science being unproven that carbon has anything to do with global temperatures?

I think it is ridiculous and has the potential to cause a huge amount of damage to our economy. Bob Brown and the rest of the Greens want coal powered power stations shut down completely. Throw in the mining tax farce as well.
its all just a scam so a bunch of rich cocksuckers can make themselves richer while you struggle!
I have said it before and I don't think it sinks in too well to anyone, But Politicians don't care about you, they don't give a ****, they don't care if you voted for them or not, at the end of the day they're Politicians and they BELIEVE they know whats best for you, even if you don't agree with it! That means they truly do not care what you think, you're nothing to them!

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
its funny one of the biggest econmies in the world India has a carbon tax and it has done no damage to its growning economy

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
there will be a tax decrease which will serve as compensation

the tax free threshold will raise to 18,200 from 6,000

now tony abbott has got a problem to argue against it because people generally like tax cuts

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
its funny one of the biggest econmies in the world India has a carbon tax and it has done no damage to its growning economy
They are paying less then a dollar per ton compare that to how much we are going to pay for this bull**** tax

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
They are paying less then a dollar per ton compare that to how much we are going to pay for this bull**** tax
In Indian money its high for them as well. So stop your whinging

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"When the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entirety on earth".

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Australia is reponsible for like 0.05% of world carbon dioxide. Most carbon dioxide is natural occuring anyway. How people can be stupid enough to follow her is beyond me. What else is she gonna lie about?

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Australia is reponsible for like 0.05% of world carbon dioxide. Most carbon dioxide is natural occuring anyway. How people can be stupid enough to follow her is beyond me. What else is she gonna lie about?
Not nearly as much as the Liberals did and are continuing to do

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"When the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entirety on earth".
humans actually put out about 100 times more greenhouse gases than volcanos every year. in terms of raw greenhouse gas emissions, we're more like the yellowstone supervolcano going off every year.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most carbon dioxide is natural occuring anyway.
think of a running shower. if the hot water is natural sources, and cold water is natural sinks, just the slightest tweak of the hot water handle (human sources) can scold you. happens to me all the time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Imagine how much carbon dioxide we'd save if this silly red headed b1tch just shut her mouth!

She's going to kill many industries (including the building industry) and send many jobs overseas...

It was said the other day with this in place house prices will only be affordable by overseas investors.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
She is going to cripple our economy

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
PS. to anyone who supports the carbon tax and is worried about "Global Warming", take off the clothes you are working, switch off all the electricity you use, get rid of your car, don't wear any clothes...actually stop participating in todays society in general and go live in a ****ing cave you hippies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
again you silly Liberal fan boys

India has a much much larger economy than Australia and it has a Carbon Tax and is the Indian economy crippled? No

Also are you guys against increasing your grand parents pensions?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Whether anyone supports Libs or not...

You have to be a stupid **** and gullible enough to believe in this global warming crap led by the greens-communist party leader by bob brown who is pulling the strings in the back ground with juliar gillard being the puppet; are going to tax us for breathing to save the planet from melting by global warming.

Status
Not open for further replies.