Opinion Captain Super Flop (Powder Puff) RFM [RANT]

Is RFM the worst captain of the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is RFM (and Topine) still with the club? Haven't seen anything of them in preseason training footage.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM seems to have bulked a fair bit and from what i could glean was training solely as a middle - although training with reggies and being treated for an injury - when he runs direct and not at an angle to the defensive line he can put pressure on a defensive line. Hopefully he also gets his tackling sorted out.
I know he is older (30) now but not too old if he can recapture some of his best then he is definitely an asset and may well surprise. He has had a bad run but he has hung in there which shows his character. He has a bit of a step and can power through the line and also has a pretty good off load as well as some speed. Maybe playing at mid will bring out his best. But he is pretty hard to stop on the edge as well.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know he is older (30) now but not too old if he can recapture some of his best then he is definitely an asset and may well surprise. He has had a bad run but he has hung in there which shows his character. He has a bit of a step and can power through the line and also has a pretty good off load as well as some speed. Maybe playing at mid will bring out his best. But he is pretty hard to stop on the edge as well.

If I'm not wrong was there only around two occasions in that when he's in our jersey?

I hope he has a career highlight season this year. I'll just wait and see if he's got that kind of play in him still.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If RFM can get his stuff together, he would be an asset playing at 14.
He is bigger this year, so playing middle or on the edge, would be good.
Just hope he gets the chance.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whatever people think of RFM, threads like these don't reflect well on the fanbase, especially while the media is talking about his mental health etc.. I'm sure the situation will be resolved eventually. Either way, people should refrain from attacking him personally while he and Topine's mental health is talked about as a potential issue..

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever people think of RFM, threads like these don't reflect well on the fanbase, especially while the media is talking about his mental health etc.. I'm sure the situation will be resolved eventually. Either way, people should refrain from attacking him personally while he and Topine's mental health is talked about as a potential issue..
Yet despite his mental health & the clear link to it stemming from playing NRL he elects to stay on the salary he is on. The truth is getting half a million to play like a reserve grader leaves you open to fans having a negative opinion of you. If the NRL has affected his mental health then step away from it & smell the roses of no public forums judging you. Its that simple.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yet despite his mental health & the clear link to it stemming from playing NRL he elects to stay on the salary he is on. The truth is getting half a million to play like a reserve grader leaves you open to fans having a negative opinion of you. If the NRL has affected his mental health then step away from it & smell the roses of no public forums judging you. Its that simple.
I'm not saying fans shouldn't have an opinion about his performances or even his situation. I'm saying anything that attacks him personally when the question of mental health is out there isn't going to reflect well on the forum or fanbase as those comments could be used by the media to paint the fans or club in a negative light. So for that reason, the comments on here should be kept in check..

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be great to see him prove us all wrong if he plays like he's paid too, I would be more than happy to eat my words.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 - He's gone. He had one job to prove he is ready to rip in and has not convinced the coaching camp and probably neither the players either.