Captain Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

To be honest, I havent stopped thinking about it. I am disappointed Des/the club didnt give Ennis the extra run he deserves with the club. Its sad to see him leave. It actually hurts, he offers so much for us. His love and passion for the Dogs is just incredible and those are the type of players that bring upon great victories.

He showed last night how much this club means to him.

I didn't want to make a new thread about this but I just felt the need to say it.

Anyways,

Lets bring a premiership home for him.

Have hope my friends. We showed what we are capable of last night and I believe we will go deep in the final series.

LETS GET BEHIND CAPTAIN ENNIS & THE TEAM.

Ciao.

P.S If you Captain Ennis see this. Know that I love you and appreciate everything.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no doubting his passion. He certainly looks like he's on a mission and wants to leave this club with a bang.

I do still wonder whether his battles with the refs are helpful or counterproductive. It's difficult to know.

Regardless, if he played like he did last night for the remaining games, we're in with a shot.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club was in a tough position and made a decision. I would have loved it if he had one more season but the ultimatum he gave the club was 2 seasons or nothing and I don't think he could have done two more seasons with Lichaa coming in.

Will definitely be missed though. He has tons of passion and isn't half as bad as everyone tends to make out.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I gave him my "Ennis the Mennis" banner last night as he walked down the tunnel, he looked shattered about the loss. He deserves a Premiership with us.

I made the banner 5 years ago when he first came to the club because I knew he'd be a face to remember at our club. Took it to so many home, away and interstate games. I miss it already :(

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He gave his best last night. I however did see the irony in our performance. Ennis and Brown both did some stupid things, both scored a try and both are off to Cronulla. Ennis is a great leader and we will miss his experience on and off the field, but I'm excited for Lichaa to come over, he is good mate with Mybe and Klemmer, only good things can come from that in regards to building combinations.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Stuck through thick and thin with the Bulldogs.

Joined in '09 after the Bulldogs got the wooden spoon. Has taken us through some tough times.

His defence and passion will be sorely missed. We have always had that defensive plug, who makes 35+ tackles a game in Grimaldi and Stagg. Ennis was the man for last couple of years.

All the best to him. Could see how much this game/club meant to him. Probably one of his best games.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis is supposed to be our captain and lead by example, but his grubby tactics was shameful to watch and his running battle with the ref only made things worse

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
As much as i admire and respect Mick sometimes he is a little enthusiastic in the niggly/grubery department and i think that cost us last night , it gives the opposition ammunition and drive them harder to beat him. He'll be missed though.

JesusRaves

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis is supposed to be our captain and lead by example, but his grubby tactics was shameful to watch and his running battle with the ref only made things worse
This is your avatar:

Glass houses, stones, something something.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was so much emotional watching ennis last night running onto the field. He showed great passion In the game. Sad we didnt get the win. In my eyes he is right there with hazem, patten and bobcat.

All respect ennis.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I was so much emotional watching ennis last night running onto the field. He showed great passion In the game. Sad we didnt get the win. In my eyes he is right there with hazem, patten and bobcat.

All respect ennis.
Yeah, same.

I feel so sorry for him. I really really truly do. He played a really good game last night. Such heart. Three particular plays by three particular players snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Mick, I'm sorry we couldn't give you the send off you deserve, so hopefully we bring you a premiership.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
His best season was in 2009. He had a great combo with Guacamole.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I wish Ennis all the best and fully recognize his efforts, love for our club and I hope him and his family have a safe and bright future.

That being said I can't wait until he leaves so our club can hopefully get rid of the grubby tactics, the refs against us before the first siren and his below par abilities....I can't wait for our club to start playing footy again. I was done with him 12 months ago and welcome the future with two open arms.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I gave him my "Ennis the Mennis" banner last night as he walked down the tunnel, he looked shattered about the loss. He deserves a Premiership with us.

I made the banner 5 years ago when he first came to the club because I knew he'd be a face to remember at our club. Took it to so many home, away and interstate games. I miss it already :(
That's awesome mate. Sad day.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score

Top move mate, props to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.