Canterbury recruit Michael Lichaa 'not trying to be Michael Ennis'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
My fear Is his price tag when he hasnt achieved anything on bigger stage. Peats didnt need an entire season to prove his talent and he probably doesnt get same money as liccha does.

What peats has shown in his first years as hooker , liccha has achieved jack in comparison.

What I am afraid Is once liccha does eventually achieve something then he will be holding club to ransome and asking for a pay rise which will squeeze out our other talent.

With ennis we got the best value for money and made us keep our forwards with more money available In the cap.
True, but there's the double edge sword mate. You have to pay somewhat sight unseen for the best up and comers otherwise someone else will and you will always be behind the top tier teams. No. 9 is one of those important spots in a team that commands more dosh as every single play starts with him passing it from the ground. IF he turns out to be what the expectations are of him than it's money well spent. We paid overs for Klemmer in the same way and look at him now. Good dummy halves can increase all the players around them in skill etc by putting them into gaps, nice passes, crisp ball to the kicker, kick themselves and the list goes on. If we play this right than we may have the best hooker in the game for the next decade, who knows.....gotta take the punt but! Who dares wins they say.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, but there's the double edge sword mate. You have to pay somewhat sight unseen for the best up and comers otherwise someone else will and you will always be behind the top tier teams. No. 9 is one of those important spots in a team that commands more dosh as every single play starts with him passing it from the ground. IF he turns out to be what the expectations are of him than it's money well spent. We paid overs for Klemmer in the same way and look at him now. Good dummy halves can increase all the players around them in skill etc by putting them into gaps, nice passes, crisp ball to the kicker, kick themselves and the list goes on. If we play this right than we may have the best hooker in the game for the next decade, who knows.....gotta take the punt but! Who dares wins they say.

This is so true

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
totally agree,
I am not one bit disappointed with the signing of Lichaa.
I think he will be the champion that is expected from him,
at worst I think he will be a very capable player who will serve us well.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is what the Cowboys are missing a good hooker!
They have the best half in the world, Australian forward pack, and still can't win a premiership.
I suppose their backline could be a little bit better but the hooker position is very important to a team...

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
can Licha Kick?
is he a lefty?
our halves are buckled and wont start full training until a month before the season...so i hope hes been kicking at training...
need to start the season off to a flyer!
either way....wherever you go...we will follow!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The facts are the bulldogs can't score any points. They win games by 1 or 2 points. Then they meet a team with some strike and they just can't go with them punch for punch

It's no surprise that hooker, halves and fullback are very important with respect to attack.. So we had to change something..

If we can't score points this year I'd have a good hard look at Reynolds/hodkinson..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The facts are the bulldogs can't score any points. They win games by 1 or 2 points. Then they meet a team with some strike and they just can't go with them punch for punch

It's no surprise that hooker, halves and fullback are very important with respect to attack.. So we had to change something..

If we can't score points this year I'd have a good hard look at Reynolds/hodkinson..
thats interesting because i thought that we only went punch for punch when we met a team with strike power

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Spot on ,hence a speedy dummy half to help our halves ,fast wingers/fullback ,no excuses for hokko and jr this year

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score

This!
This is why we need an attacking hooker which I hope we have in Lichaa and an attacking (ball playing) fullback which we dont!
B Morris is the best finisher on the wing, but setting up plays chiming into the backline as a fullback im not too sure...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This!
This is why we need an attacking hooker which I hope we have in Lichaa and an attacking (ball playing) fullback which we dont!
B Morris is the best finisher on the wing, but setting up plays chiming into the backline as a fullback im not too sure...
I'm confident Bmoz will serve us well in either position . We still have perrett who I rate as one of the best wingers in the comp too.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm confident Bmoz will serve us well in either position . We still have perrett who I rate as one of the best wingers in the comp too.
Im sorry I have to disagree with Perret on the wing.
Perret letting plenty of tries in, his up and in really pisses me off getting caught in field so many times...
You can blame the inside man all you want but Perret has the experience to talk to his man and read the play alot better then what he does!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think perret will start the year but hopefully it ends up 1) b moz 2) c.thompson 5) c.rona

anth2014

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lichaa's a young pup. He still has a lot to learn but he is on the right track. This time next year we'll be saying Ennis? Who the fock is Ennis? :grinning:
who the **** r you.
He captained your team to two grandfinals in 3 years.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
who the **** r you.
He captained your team to two grandfinals in 3 years.
And who the f:slick:ck are you!!! Go cry me a river!!! Next train leaving Belmore goes to Cronulla via Sydenham all aboard :train:

In the 3-year period from the start of 2008 season, Ennis was penalized in games 58 times, the 2nd most of any player in the NRL behind Anthony Watmough. In 2011, he was penalized 17 times in his 12 appearances. In 2012, he was penalized 20 times in 20 games.

It's going to be great giving away fewer penalties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In the 3-year period from the start of 2008 season, Ennis was penalized in games 58 times, the 2nd most of any player in the NRL behind Anthony Watmough. In 2011, he was penalized 17 times in his 12 appearances. In 2012, he was penalized 20 times in 20 games.

It's going to be great giving away fewer penalties.
SO very very true.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol @ captained.

Maybe you should follow him and f*** off to Cronulla.
He has been mediocre on attack for much of the past 2 years on attack. Lichaa cant be worse with the ball.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Put it this way I wont be goin off at my missus every time Ennis decides to have a run, I allways say 'why the **** did you put it in slo motion' and she says nah it's just Ennis having a run

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa better be doing extra sprint sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.