CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This ain't it.
Maybe if we had an exceptional choice to replace him in the halves, but it's madness to blow up his development at this point.
He needs to take a big step forward in '24, but why aren't we putting an elite halves coach with him?
He made zero improvements last season, even Gus and Ciraldo are tried of it.

doggy_dave

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t get all the rage. Trials are 3 months away. You don’t pick your team after 1 week of preseason when the whole squad isn’t back.

How many Bulldogs articles in the last few years in the telegraph have ended up being true…

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny everyone was pretty happy with how he played last year in his first year at 6, he wouldn’t be the first player to have second year syndrome especially when he’s got extra attention on him because there’s next to no other threats around him. He’s a gun centre but unless we have a better option at 6 (which right now we don’t and would be taking a huge gamble to work out) I would be leaving him there

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have been at training barely a week, I doubt anything is set in stone and I’m sure there’s a lot of conceptual ideas about certain players possibly playing for 2024

I’m not totally against this move but do we have better to replace him or just bit part journeyman ?

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because whilst Centre might be his best position, it is still at detriment to the team and makes us worse off in the grand scheme. Our 825k half ends up in the centres. Our 550k prop recruit (Sutton) ends up in reserve grade. Our 500k transfer fee best young halfback in the world ends up as a lock and badly injures his neck. Our club captain with multiple yrs left on contract ends up banned from attending training. I can go on…. People are right to whine about these things
Not like it's your money...

You spend your money at the brothels :tearsofjoy:

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lower tier teams and juniors have always been strong. The coaching and improvement once they get to NRL is the issue. Add to this recruitment, retention, management, leadership and player position identification as equally as big issues as coaching and player improvement. They’ve got Oloapu position wrong, putting Perham at fullback before Averillo and now a virtual admittance Burton as a 5/8 is wrong.

@04 Dreaming The strength of the club actually has been juniors and lower grades.
Do you wear a bib? :tearsofjoy:

Cause you dribble shit!

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because whilst Centre might be his best position, it is still at detriment to the team and makes us worse off in the grand scheme. Our 825k half ends up in the centres. Our 550k prop recruit (Sutton) ends up in reserve grade. Our 500k transfer fee best young halfback in the world ends up as a lock and badly injures his neck. Our club captain with multiple yrs left on contract ends up banned from attending training. I can go on…. People are right to whine about these things
I love your positivity!!! So what's the bad news???

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has a club ever had both their centres earning north of 825k each?
Why is everyone so caught up in what players are getting paid? Where he or anyone else plays is about the best possible chance of winning football games.

The logic of having to play someone anywhere. no matter how bad they are in that position. Just because of how much they are getting paid makes me glad you guys aren’t the coach.

Burton can become a 5/8 down the track but he is far from one now. In the same way as Laurie Daley & Freddie served apprenticeships as centre’s before switching to 5/8. His game is much better suited to centre currently.
He lacks creativity, his kicking game is a big boot without accuracy.

With the current salary cap there would be multiple centres in the competition on similar money so that is a fallacy that he cannot be paid that much.

If your highest paid player is playing like rubbish. He plays reserve grade. Winning games with your best possible team on the park is what is important. Not how much any individual is getting paid.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone so caught up in what players are getting paid? Where he or anyone else plays is about the best possible chance of winning football games.

The logic of having to play someone anywhere. no matter how bad they are in that position. Just because of how much they are getting paid makes me glad you guys aren’t the coach.

Burton can become a 5/8 down the track but he is far from one now. In the same way as Laurie Daley & Freddie served apprenticeships as centre’s before switching to 5/8. His game is much better suited to centre currently.

With the current salary cap there would be multiple centres in the competition on similar money so that is a fallacy that he cannot be paid that much.

If your highest paid player is playing like rubbish. He plays reserve grade. Winning games with your best possible team on the park is what is important. Not how much any individual is getting paid.
A lot of assists from his short kicking game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

We aren't winning shit with overpaid centres and bargain bin signings in the spine.