News Canterbury look at shifting Burton to free up his running game

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also I doubt this article is based on truth. No one in our club would be that dumb to allow this. And if they’re allowing this, I’ll see you fkers in 2030, cause I ain’t watching this

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
also I doubt this article is based on truth. No one in our club would be that dumb to allow this. And if they’re allowing this, I’ll see you fkers in 2030, cause I ain’t watching this
Mason said months ago that he heard "rumours" of Burton moving back to centre. He's on our coaching staff, where did he hear these rumours? :tearsofjoy:

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol we are screwed and the season hasn't even begun no halves and reserve grade bench forget about it fellas

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s actually been obvious for a while now if you connect the dots, Mason + player quotes etc

Anyway why is everyone whining, this is good news

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s actually been obvious for a while now if you connect the dots, Mason + player quotes etc

Anyway why is everyone whining, this is good news
Because whilst Centre might be his best position, it is still at detriment to the team and makes us worse off in the grand scheme. Our 825k half ends up in the centres. Our 550k prop recruit (Sutton) ends up in reserve grade. Our 500k transfer fee best young halfback in the world ends up as a lock and badly injures his neck. Our club captain with multiple yrs left on contract ends up banned from attending training. I can go on…. People are right to whine about these things

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pathways shaping up well though
Lower tier teams and juniors have always been strong. The coaching and improvement once they get to NRL is the issue. Add to this recruitment, retention, management, leadership and player position identification as equally as big issues as coaching and player improvement. They’ve got Oloapu position wrong, putting Perham at fullback before Averillo and now a virtual admittance Burton as a 5/8 is wrong.

@04 Dreaming The strength of the club actually has been juniors and lower grades.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This ain't it.
Maybe if we had an exceptional choice to replace him in the halves, but it's madness to blow up his development at this point.
He needs to take a big step forward in '24, but why aren't we putting an elite halves coach with him?

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't understand why he can't contribute to the kicking game if he was moved to centre. Just move into position to take the pass. How difficult would it be to create plays where he swaps positions with the half or five eight? Not concerned whether he plays five eight or centre at this stage as we don't have a player screaming at the coaching staff to be put into the five eighth role. Trials have suddenly become more interesting if there is any truth to this.