News Canterbury keen on Penrith’s Matt Burton

Malla

Reaction score
Very good kicking game too! Unlike Lewis it's not just a bomb and hope
Or Lewis literally hand braking before every kick lol

Why no coach actually helped him fix that? Just another example of shit developmental coaching at the dog. Cheers Steve James.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have thought the last 3 years of Kieran Foran injuries would’ve been enough for all concerned,jack bird with 2 busted knees in consecutive years,and with the current rule changes,the speed of the game,will his body hold up,too many unanswered questions

Last edited:

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
meh, this bloke probably just read the kennel

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Looked pretty good when on the field for the panthers. Get him and that 18 year old that scored 10 tries the other week as a fullback and we actually have something to look forward to for the first time in 3 years.
Remember when Brodie Croft looked pretty good in his first couple of games for Melbourne???
We all know how that has panned out with him now.... let go by Melbourne and is struggling at the Broncos.
I agree with you, he did look good for the Panthers and we should sign him for sure, but we should not have a massive expectation of him yet...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hardly. One stands on the left and one stands on the right. It's not like the old days where the halfback passes to the 5/8...and so on.

I really want Burton though don't care on the price
Does Keary stand on one side? Cleary? This split halves is garbage. Your halves have a role to play and how it's split between them depends on the coach and their ability.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Keary stand on one side? Cleary? This split halves is garbage. Your halves have a role to play and how it's split between them depends on the coach and their ability.
Keary generally does actually. Actually watch him for the Roosters, in general he's feeing Tedesco sweeping.

5/8 or half, don't care just sign Burton up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keary generally does actually. Actually watch him for the Roosters, in general he's feeing Tedesco sweeping.

5/8 or half, don't care just sign Burton up.
I watch him and he plays across the park.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when Brodie Croft looked pretty good in his first couple of games for Melbourne???
We all know how that has panned out with him now.... let go by Melbourne and is struggling at the Broncos.
I agree with you, he did look good for the Panthers and we should sign him for sure, but we should not have a massive expectation of him yet...
Croft was actually shit for ages, then Melbourne released him.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can they get a similar medical check on Foran (including every bone, finger and toe) before they re-sign him ?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck I hope this Jack Bird noise goes away,I can feel a migraine coming on,

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bird wont pass the medical tests plus even if he does his price is too high. I cant see it happening
Bird will get injured during the medical. We're safe on him not coming over.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope there's truth to this. It's more likely just based off our posts on here. Either way he should be the main target in the halves.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
6 Averillo
7. Burton
9. Jmk

That's a good young spine that can stay together for years. Lacks experience but has plenty of speed. Our outside backs are also great. Hoppa Smith dwz cotric. With Okunbor as backup. Our back row if we keep chn is good also. Although Jackson has been shit for a while I think he improves once the team does. Add Thompson at lock. Our bench is also good Rfm Napa renouf with a ? on our 14. Now here is our main issue and that's our starting props. We need to spend big on this postion. With a young inexperienced spine but has speed we need gun props to lay a platform. Off contract props are Brownwich McLean tamou. We need to make Brownwich an offer he can't refuse. Maybe even let chn walk and sign both Brownwich brothers on a package deal. 1.6m should do it. 1m for jesse 600k for Kenny. We reported have 2.4m left to spend that still leaves us with 800k. 400k for Burton 400k for either McLean or tamou. Don't resign Elliott Tolman or Foran. We need there money to target the above players.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there was any signing we need to pay overs on is this kid. I wouldnt give a shit if they paid him $700k best young 6 ive seen since keary, do what you got to do.
Then a 9 watson roache starling havilli.
Whens marty tapau off?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fucing go hard and sign him!!!

Then go hard for a fucking hooker.
I’d look at the Clark from
England if we can’t get b smith or grant

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can play either but more of a 5/8...not that it matters these days when you halfback is on one side and your 5/8 is on the other side.
This is absolutely the best way to play.
However, it all depends on having a good dummy half who chooses which side to pass to.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May as well bring him over.!!!