News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt it, they thrive off negativity and will find a way to spin their usual rubbish.
I'll put my hand up and say that while AFB no doubt improves this team, the lack of a proper spine especially in the halves and FB is the single most important issue at the club.

An international forward pack behind our spine would still struggle to make the top 8.

Just let that sink in

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll put my hand up and say that while AFB no doubt improves this team, the lack of a proper spine especially in the halves and FB is the single most important issue at the club.

An international forward pack behind our spine would still struggle to make the top 8.

Just let that sink in
All the more reason why CC simply HAS to get the best out of what we do have. They can all do better than what was served up this year I have no doubt. No excuses.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s embarrassing when people here start kicking the tigers at every opportunity. Like we sick cünts.
What’s even worse is the tigers forum people are very complimentary to the bulldogs and I am just embarrassed how we treat them when they are nice to us and wishing us well. Even if it is from a place of ‘we are brothers in being losers’
Go support the tigers then.
Only if you had that much care for the dogs that you do for the tigers/any other club but dogs.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep but they have a few blokes the warriors might take like Hamlin-Uele and Hunt. Riccio said on the DT podcast it’s a chance.

I think they have a bit of money. Apart from Nicho I don’t think they have anyone else on huge coin.

They always get dream draws too the pricks. I’d be using that as a bargaining tool
Only Nicho & Finucane are on big dollars. They are well balanced at the moment.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id love for this to happen. AFB is one of the best props in the game if not the best I love watching his work. Do I have faith we can land him? No
@04 Dreaming AFB is one of the better props in the game and after missing out on Leinu, Hass, Tino, Sele, Keppie, not even attempting to go for Flegler, butchering up Twal, not being able to snare either Saifiti and not even in the frame for Rudolf it will be a great addition. No doubt.

There's still a fair way to go. The Warriors granted permission to have meetings. They still haven't officially granted the release and the terms of the release. It remains to be seen if the Warriors will have a say in where Fonua-Blake lands or if they want compensation in the form of a player swap. Still a fair bit to play out in this.

Warriors did put conditions on Walsh hoping they reduce his earning capacity. They made sure they signed a suitable replacement first. The Broncos returned a player they wanted back. They probably knew RTS would be return back to the Warriors. The Warriors ticked boxes.

He also has form in asking for compassion releases. So there will be caution. It might see clubs back away it won't bother us.

Managers also want deals for their clients. We give you him if you take him kind of stuff. I had at look at Tyran Smith's clients. One is a current Canterbury player who won't be retained either before or after 2024. This is where Flanagan kind of holds an advantage. Flanagan is in a position to take on a token player as soon as 2024 and longer as they have roster space.

So far AFB has met with three people that we know of Gould (photos taken), Marshall and Flanagan. Anyone else we don't know about. When the Warriors say free to sign with these clubs and on what terms remain to be seen.

I just ask people. Read the fine print in all this stuff not the headlines. Study the Warriors history in releases.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
Think it’s fair to say we are? We beat the tigers in a year crippled with injuries and added Crichton and get kikau back after most of the year out. Curran? Xerri? The x amount of utilities…

Dragons gun recruit? Flanagan?

Tigers?
Im not convinced we are in any better state than them.

Someone correctly posted on this forum that we were lucky to NOT play these teams towards back end of '23 as we were likely to lose and may have ended up with the spoon.

I honestly don't know which players will improve in our setup but all I know is that Kikau, Chrichton and Mahoney will be nowhere near their form from previous teams. So we really need our unknowns like Hutch, Taaffe and Mann to lift this team.

Alot will show up in the trials and first few rounds. If we don't bank at least 50% wins in the first 6 rounds, we'll be fighting to avoid the spoon all year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Think it’s fair to say we are? We beat the tigers in a year crippled with injuries and added Crichton and get kikau back after most of the year out. Curran? Xerri? The x amount of utilities…

Dragons gun recruit? Flanagan?

Tigers?
It's not so much that we're better on the field, all very relative, it's that we're a more attractive club to play for out of those 3. I do think with Flanagan at Dragon a year or 2 from now that might change but thankfully for us recruitment for 2025 starts now before the season. Gus is also a massive point of difference.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fkn breakfast point. Surprised Spaniard hasn’t done a walk through doc on that hood. Fkn scary place
He could go there and play a round of golf, then finish off with a lunch and latte by the river?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I

Im not convinced we are in any better state than them.

Someone correctly posted on this forum that we were lucky to NOT play these teams towards back end of '23 as we were likely to lose and may have ended up with the spoon.

I honestly don't know which players will improve in our setup but all I know is that Kikau, Chrichton and Mahoney will be nowhere near their form from previous teams. So we really need our unknowns like Hutch, Taaffe and Mann to lift this team.

Alot will show up in the trials and first few rounds. If we don't bank at least 50% wins in the first 6 rounds, we'll be fighting to avoid the spoon all year
Tiger were a mess remember Tim Sheen in the press conference after the losing streak “we might beat the bye”.

Now look at the desperation of Bunji! Cleary & Cogger win the GF and he is throwing millions at the guy who wasn’t clutch.

Newcastle on the other hand are flying under the radar with their recruitment / retention.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Only weird ***** go to opposition forums. As if I care what some Tigers supporter thinks about anything
Keep your friends close but enemies closer.
I have tentacles in all 16 other teams business. Best way to conduct business and security

Btw while I got ur attention,
I am thinking of getting one of those Samoan tattoos up my arms. Like AFB do.
Do you know any tattooists that are hood at Samoan Tatts?
I am hoping to have the design and some gangsta quote underneath in Samoan like ‘death b4 dishonour’ or ‘only God can judge me’ or ‘ftw’ etc