News Canterbury have been sounded out about Eddie Jones

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably is but I for one would be very happy if our club was sounding out world class coaches like him or someone like Shaun Wane who has killed it in the SL. The last thing I want to hear is that we set the bar at Trent fucking Barrett or Jason Ryles..
As @Radio Raheem mentioned above, the difference between the 2 games is just far too great and it would be a massive risk for any rugby league team to appoint Jones. I’m sure he’d want a princely sum of wages also. Big $ for a Rugby union coach to come and coach a battling rugby league team wouldn’t be wise.

I don’t want an unproven coach like Barrett or Ryles either.

Either dive into the top shelf and sign someone like Bellamy or stick with Pay and see what he can do with a first grade standard roster. Every other option seems either sideways or regressive imo.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has won a World Cup,took Australia to within one game of winning a World Cup,took England to 6 nations champions,among many other successes,rugby is a very technical game compared to the simplicity of rugby league,and the fact he likes rugby league,in my personal opinion he would be a success,our club is such a mess at the moment,we don’t need another assistant coach,we need a hard head like jones or Anthony griffin,.
I like your thinking but, which World Cup did he win?? He lost both with England and Australia and was only an support coach with SA??

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As @Radio Raheem mentioned above, the difference between the 2 games is just far too great and it would be a massive risk for any rugby league team to appoint Jones. I’m sure he’d want a princely sum of wages also. Big $ for a Rugby union coach to come and coach a battling rugby league team wouldn’t be wise.

Either dive into the top shelf and sign someone like Bellamy or stick with Pay and see what he can do with a first grade standard roster. Every other option seems either sideways or regressive imo.
The way he speaks at press conferences, how he looks and communicates in the coaches box...he has no fucking idea. If players are playing for cos hes a good bloke, thats not enough. I dunno how you can continue to pretend that all is well in the coaching aspect of this club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Jones could step into a well run club with good structures in place and be successful with the right support staff. We don't have that so its a big no from me.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't like the idea of a union coach.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just get it done. Enough talk, and sounding out .. it’s getting old, and STILL nothing has happened.!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree with what you say except I think Jones is very up to speed with League and is also a fan so I think he would be a very interesting option. I am more talking about looking at the best and not crap like Barrett or Ryles etc, but I am finally off Dean mate.. I have supported and wanted him to achieve and yes he has had some obstacles to deal with but there are just to many spiders..

I can guarantee you that if he is still in charge for this weeks team he will have DWZ at fullback and Smith in the centres and they are both wingers full stop. He doesn't play Thommo last week even for 10 mins in each half and then plays him this week like he is an 80 minute player??

Averillo has been rested (?????) and Crichton hasn't been hooked never to play FG again plus we play Katoa as starting hooker when he hasn't even come off the bench or played any footy for months?? And Dylan Napa... I cannot understand after the player Pay was that he has not taken this ginger bitch at the back of Belmore and smacked him around until he hardened the fuck up. Better still promote Ogden and drop his arse out of the team until he takes some angry and committed pills..

I just pray Lynne and Chris dont fuck this up completely by hiring a dud never has been or worse still do what they are doing now, nothing...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
So the clubs a mess and they’re looking to sign a fucking union coach

this has got to be bullshit...Eddy can stick with rugby yawnion
Looks like he has approach is not the other way. Unless he is bringing a major sponsor from Japan he won't get a look in.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of hearing that $3 million war chest bullshit it sounds so shit

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"Canterbury have been formally sounded out about their interest in England rugby union coach Eddie Jones as part of a coaching structure that could involve former Bulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley."

What does it even mean?
We r linked to everyone including tooth fairy Santa Claus and scarecrow

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are we linked to gordon bombay the fearless leader of the mighty ducks they have the signature flying V vs tolman on the 4th
We have been linked to anyone who has picked up a clip board atm

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least he wants to coach us enough to actually approach us unsolicited. Who else is on that list?

It would bring a lot of corporate interest and player interest.

Of course it won’t happen, it’s far too risky for this board to even consider.