News Canterbury halfback Kyle Flanagan vows to repay Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett’s faith with more wins

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have reservations about this kind of talk.

Blaming? the forwards.
I"m gonna do this.
I'm gonna repay Baz.
Etc

Just do your job.
Forwards stepped up against Sharks.
You didn't.
Well said @wendog33 he always seems to have a lot to say! Instead of analysing his team mates game he should concentrate more on his own! The only part I really liked was the amount of respect he has for TB.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well said @wendog33 he always seems to have a lot to say! Instead of analysing his team mates game he should concentrate more on his own! The only part I really liked was the amount of respect he has for TB.
Yes that clip on the players about coach pet...they all say Kyle lol. He gets Baz' coffee lol.

In the Mid Week Round 7 V Parra thread it has the actual video of the interview. He actually sounds upbeat and respectful about the forwards so yet again its a case of the media twisting whats said to stir up controversy and click bait.

I still have reservations and he needs to do more himself as the team organiser, but we've got to be mindful of the deceitful journos and be careful of our judgements based on what those lying gossip hounds write.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seriously this gives me bad memories of MBYE - shut up Flanno you are currently the weakest link! Learn how to close out a set with some 6th tackle options that doesn't include a hospital pass!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has to do a lot more than what he's doing now, which is kick goals and throw a few left to right passes in the opposing quarter, he isnt even attempting to get repeat sets. I can handle that he isnt super creative and cant take the line on, but he isnt even trying to game manage atm.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He gave a bit of cheek to the Roosters about it, now the honeymoon is over we need some creativity.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan has taken over the mantle from Lewis as the underachieving half who does all the talking to the media..

All he has to is run the ball every now and then and put better kicks in. He has to improve in those areas if he wants to repay Baz's faith..
Can you imagine them doing an interview together like the suck off after Parra games when Gutho/Moses/Fergo get interviewed together YUCK

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FLANAGAN SEEMS LIKE the piece of the puzzle that might end up on the chopping board.

Yes he might become a decent player who is nothing more than average (only goal kicking as a major positive).
Behind a decent forward pack and a running 5/8 and a strike fullback.

The team for 22 looks like the foundation and key signings are completed (a strike hooker if we can not develop Dietz or Marshall king) Katoa can potentially improve his creativity and passing.

FLANAGAN can be the weak link or can be that calming influence to steady the ship and allow others to do the trick shots.
I think Barrett won't give up on FLANAGAN as that is his first purchase believing he could build a team around.
But the dominant player Burton is, FLANAGAN might be outshined and outplayed and out smarted

Piece out

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But the dominant player Burton is, FLANAGAN might be outshined and outplayed and out smarted
If reports are to be believed Burto will be on more than Flanno next year, so maybe this is the expectation.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If reports are to be believed Burto will be on more than Flanno next year, so maybe this is the expectation.
Absolutely. Burton will be the dominant half for us in the future. He showed more in one game playing HB than Flanno has shown in his entire FG career. Someone on here also said the club is looking to immediately extend Burton's contract and tie him up for another few years. They won't be doing that for Flanno. There is no doubt Burton is the number one playmaker in the team....that's why Baz referred to him as the marquee signing, similar to Ponga. I wouldn't be surprised if BBO/O'Neil/Rajab take over from Flanno when his contract is done

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno needs to do his talking on the field through his actions. He seems like a cocky SOB, which is fine for a halfback , as long as he can back it up on the field, which so far he hasn't.

Also he gave away 2 ridiculous penalties last week, one for obstruction from a kickoff after we scored and the second by being a smart arse after someone knocked on, which caused a bruhaha and we got penalised. Stupid. . Both completely unnecessary and just put us under pressure that we could have avoided.

I hope TBaz has a quiet word to him to get that shit out of his game