CANTERBURY FANS’ PLAN TO MAUL BOARD

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CANTERBURY FANS’ PLAN TO MAUL BOARD A group of fans is hoping this week to force an extraordinary general meeting in a bid to oust the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs board and end the club’s factionalism. There are currently two pushes by rival groups to force an EGM. One long-time member, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said supporters were already planning to oust the board. “Fish rots from the head down,” the member said. “The only way to get rid of them is to get 100 signatures of voting members and lodge it. Then the club will go through every single signature to make sure they are legible and call an EGM.”

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An Extraordinary time calls for extraordinary measures..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No source named. Looks like another hack has been reading TK... :-).

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No source named. Looks like another hack has been reading TK... :-).
Or is an esteemed Kennel member ;)

I’m all for change and think we need to move Pay on for a bunch of reasons, our brand has been taking a battering for some time and we need to do something proactive, so agitating for change I do get BUT these articles are growing tiresome...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone that signs a petition to force a EGM without knowing who the rival ticket is and even if there is one is a utter moron.

If there's a rival ticket then fair play to them but if there's not they are wasting everyone's time and there will be plenty of people twiddling their thumbs at the EGM.

The only people trying to force a EGM should be a rival ticket so they can win power if its a bunch of fans doing it it's embarrassing.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst start to a season by the Bulldogs / Berries since 1964 !

If this doesn't spell the need for an EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING then nothing does.

If anyone has info on who to contact to sign please post here. I will be joining as a member on Monday. Memberships start from only $50. I think you get a cap even. I encourage everyone to join who wants voting rights in future. It's worth the 50 bucks just to get those rights and bring change hopefully. It takes 3 years to vote. Wish I'd joined earlier so I could vote in the next board election in 2022.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just so there's no confusion getting 100 signatures to force a EGM doesn't automatically mean the current board is turfed out.

It just triggers an election at that EGM and unless there is a alternative to the current board members for people to vote for then the current board will stay in power.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

If this doesn't spell the need for an EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING then nothing does.

If anyone has info on who to contact to sign please post here. I will be joining as a member on Monday. Memberships start from only $50. I think you get a cap even. I encourage everyone to join who wants voting rights in future. It's worth the 50 bucks just to get those rights and bring change hopefully. It takes 3 years to vote. Wish I'd joined earlier so I could vote in the next board election in 2022.
Brad there’s a difference between a ticketed member and football club member. Ticketed members don’t get to vote. You might like to investigate the proper channels before you sign up but good on you for doing so regardless - the more members the better for the club in the longer term.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

You won't get voting rights with those memberships. To become a voting member of the football club you have to get two signatures from current members. Membership is only around 15 dollars a year. There was a guy on here Steve m or something that used to help people with these things.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are they riding up to the front door on a busted arse looking horse??

Last edited: