News Canterbury expected to start discussion on whether they will approach Mitchell Pearce

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What an absolute bullshit story.

Really

Bulldogs to start discussions

How would you know what hasn't happened yet.

How is something that hasn't happened yet become news.

How the fook are we having salary cap pressure

What the actual fuck

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This story won't go away due to his link with Gus but I hope it doesn't happen. He's 32 and he's only played 8 games this season.
The pertinent points of this article are:
Newcastle would not consider granting Pearce an early release for next year
Canterbury doesn’t have the cap space for Pearce
The Daily Telegraph reached out to senior Bulldogs officials on Thursday but the club denied interest in Pearce.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I got from this story is why are we always fucked for the salary cap, and how the hell was Wakeham re-signed as he's rubbish, on Pearce he would be a good acquisition to help Burton and Bbo.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Really

What the actual fuck
Next we'll read that the Dogs are interested in shopping Burton to make way for Pearce.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This tight salary cap is bullshit, they are misinterpreting what Gould said, the fact is we have 8 players (Dufty, RFM, Hetherington, Katoa, Stimson, Topine, Vaughan and Wakeham) off contract at the end of 2022 and not one additional player signed for 2023. If we are Cap compliant for 2022 then we have lots of Cap space available in 2023. The "issues" in 2023 that Gould was referring to are not overall Cap issues, but issues with individual players particularly where 2023 is their last contract year. To put it in context, we only have 2 players contracted for 2024, JAC and TPJ, plus Burton is a Player Option, but I seriously doubt that he will exercise that, he will want a new and upgraded contract.

I can't see how we would any problems fitting Pearce (if we are actually interested) into our Cap in 2023 and that's without releasing any players.

Always a Bulldog

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Journalist assumes that Bulldogs are about to start thinking on whether or not to consider discussing the possibility of talking about maybe being interested in the option of internally mulling over the thought of bringing up the idea to start deliberating if they will debate contemplation of the dog defiler.
Due to covid restrictions, not having to go into the office means that these journalists don't have to worry about about smelling like dope after they've just blown a big fat joint.

They're also saving money on mouthwash & clear eyes, so the more joints the merrier - literally.

"Peace Man"

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Expected to start a discussion on whether they will approach
fuck me
wow lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see how we're anywhere near the cap for 22 unless we're paying a big chunk of DWZ's contract or there's a decent signing we don't know about yet

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I pray for Pearce to have a shocker against us

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the only reason to do this would be to get Ponga to follow. He's restless after Watson leaving.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a geniune 7 so burton can just do his thing, No half we currently have knows how to direct a side we are in shambles every week because of this, Pearce could easily do the job.
Let's forget that last part re Pearce. Now as far as having no half and being in a shambles because of this, is something I just can't get my head around. You see TBaz was a very capable halfback in his day and as a result should be able to coach extremely proficiently in this area, so unless there is a problem with finding a suitable candidate for the 7 then I'm fvcked if I know what is going on.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Really

What the actual fuck
If there is no news, you make it up.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think we should let Mitch go back to a reserve grade competition for any other club but ours. I hear we have recently rescinded our turd for turd replacement policy.
That’s just rude!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I got from this story is why are we always fucked for the salary cap, and how the hell was Wakeham re-signed as he's rubbish, on Pearce he would be a good acquisition to help Burton and Bbo.
There's also some underhanded shit going on there when the media reports the Salary Cap.

Feels like they're placing scrutiny on us because we've been incredibly active in the market and if we keep doing so we'll upset the balance of a Storm - Roosters dominated league.

The articles surrounding the Rooster's cap is always about how they can manage to afford all their stars and never about how they have cap problems

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
There's also some underhanded shit going on there when the media reports the Salary Cap.

Feels like they're placing scrutiny on us because we've been incredibly active in the market and if we keep doing so we'll upset the balance of a Storm - Roosters dominated league.

The articles surrounding the Rooster's cap is always about how they can manage to afford all their stars and never about how they have cap problems
Rorters and Storm = Salary Cap Cheats