Canterbury Cup Lineup?

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be interesting how they use Canterbury Cup this year, hopefully they use it to give our really good young players a go and try and build some strong combinations. Players like Wakeham and Averillo who I would rather in first grade should be given reigns of controlling the side. I’m probably more excited watching some of our up and comers coming through than our first grade lineup. I would go full youth with a couple of oldies and stick with this lineup all year.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Tui Katoa
3. Aaron Schoup
4. Morgan Harper
5. Frank Kuresa
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Devonian Seumanutafa
9. Ryan Gray
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Matthew Doorey
12. Jackson Topine
13. Javier Pitovaa

14. Sione Katoa
15. James Roumanos
16. Peni Teaupa
17. Kayne Kalache

Last edited:

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I feel that that is a great side but I know that those Marschke kids will be there. Also, I think Meany, Katoa and maybe Ogden will be in 1st grade.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay will have Meaney in first grade. #PaysPets

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ryan Gray needs to prove himself in Jersey Flegg first.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting how they use Canterbury Cup this year, hopefully they use it to give our really good young players a go and try and build some strong combinations. Players like Wakeham and Averillo who I would rather in first grade should be given reigns of controlling the side. I’m probably more excited watching some of our up and comers coming through than our first grade lineup. I would go full youth with a couple of oldies and stick with this lineup all year.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Tui Katoa
3. Aaron Schoup
4. Morgan Harper
5. Frank Kuresa
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Devonian Seumanutafa
9. Ryan Gray
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Matthew Doorey
12. Chris Patolo
13. Javier Pitovaa

14. Sione Katoa
15. James Roumanos
16. Peni Teaupa
17. Suaso Sue
What about Kayne Kalachie

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

1. Nick Meaney
2. Tui Katoa
3. Aaron Schoup
4. Morgan Harper
5. Frank Kuresa
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Devonian Seumanutafa
9. Ryan Gray
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Matthew Doorey
12. Chris Patolo
13. Javier Pitovaa

14. Sione Katoa
15. James Roumanos
16. Peni Teaupa
17. Suaso Sue
If they are going to have a crack at youth bro I reckon Topine should be there?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel that that is a great side but I know that those Marschke kids will be there. Also, I think Meany, Katoa and maybe Ogden will be in 1st grade.
Why the Marshke's? I've never really seen them play and haven't heard much about them on TK, so I'd be interested in any views.

Hope Ogden's having a great off season. I'd rather he gets RFMs bench spot over Smith or Britt - although I don't know much about Britt. He hasn't got many NRL games for his age but his dad got better with age so maybe he's the same? I also reckon Katoa and Meaney are certainties for NRL Rd1 17, and hopefully Wakeham's there too.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shit, I can’t believe I forgot Kalache and Topine. I would have both in the side. Ryan Gray is really green and serious doubts about him handling the physicality but hopefully he fills in soon and kicks on. He has more upside than any other Hooker in our club.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I know and he actually finished really strongly on the wing but I definitely think his position is fullback. If DWZ doesn’t work out, it would be good to have someone ready to go. I think a spine of Meaney, Averillo, Wakeham & Gray could be something special in the future.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit, I can’t believe I forgot Kalache and Topine. I would have both in the side. Ryan Gray is really green and serious doubts about him handling the physicality but hopefully he fills in soon and kicks on. He has more upside than any other Hooker in our club.
I thought we let Kalache go? I'm pretty sure one or both of the Marchke's.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney is first grade ready. He is also a good goal kicker. The debutantes in reserves are not ready. No brainer really.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There won't be that much youth in the team Crichton, Tass, Holland, Montoya, Britt and C Smith will b playing CCup for sure.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There won't be that much youth in the team Crichton, Tass, Holland, Montoya, Britt and C Smith will b playing CCup for sure.
Nothing for sure anymore. Especially Holland lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing for sure anymore. Especially Holland lol
I can't see Pay not playing those guys in reggies. Id love to see that team Viking Valley named but there's no chance of it happening.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see Pay not playing those guys in reggies. Id love to see that team Viking Valley named but there's no chance of it happening.
I hope you’re right.

I wouldn’t mind giving Britt benefit of the doubt for a few games and see what he can do. Other than that, nothing

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would lik to see toomaga in First grade, but I'm concerned it wont happen... unfortunately I feel brit or Smith will get the nod ahead of him.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would lik to see toomaga in First grade, but I'm concerned it wont happen... unfortunately I feel brit or Smith will get the nod ahead of him.
Thatd be silly imo after what toomaga did at back end of last season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thatd be silly imo after what toomaga did at back end of last season.
I agree, but it wouldn't be the first time weve seen a silly move from pay.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree, but it wouldn't be the first time weve seen a silly move from pay.
I cant recall any silly moves made by Pay. However, Toomaga will be in the 17 for sure.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Nick Meaney
2. Tui Katoa
3. Aaron Schoup
4. Morgan Harper
5. Frank Kuresa
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Devonian Seumanutafa
9. Ryan Gray
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Matthew Doorey
12. Chris Patolo
13. Javier Pitovaa

14. Sione Katoa
15. James Roumanos
16. Peni Teaupa
17. Suaso Sue
No chance we see this lineup. I’d expect the guys in our top 30 who don’t make first grade to be playing NSW Cup