CANTERBURY COULD BE FORCED TO MAKE A DECISION ON DES HASLER’S FUTURE SOON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is now 1343 hours and still no big announcement, the suspense is killing me:tonguewink:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You are right on this one, I read it on the NRL APP 10 days ago, their marketing department must have dozed off after the last round. Not so sure if that was the so called announcement though?
It was interesting reading at the time I must say, there were some disruptions during the season which I had forgotten about such as JG gone for 4 weeks and Hoppa out for 6 weeks which happened while I was in the US just saying>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Right on this one? Have you know that I am right on all the shit I speak! Ohh by the way, it's a compliment my comment in the other post.....lol

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasler isn't going anywhere. They are going to do a review and realise they may have made a knee jerk reaction earlier in the season. They wil live with it I think.
This would be he worst news report ever other than to hear Kim Jong-un was elected as Australia's prime minister.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Right on this one? Have you know that I am right on all the shit I speak! Ohh by the way, it's a compliment my comment in the other post.....lol
No worries, that's exactly how I interpreted it. :blush:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please just put us out of our misery.

Either fire him so I can fully support my team again or announce that he's staying so that I can get on with my life and forget about rugby league all together.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol at the woods part. Are they trying to imply he wouldn't come here if Hasler left?

It's not like he can stay at the tigers now as they've already got his replacement.

We're probably the only club who are willing to pay him as much as he's going to get so it's not like he has many better options.

He's leaving the tigers cause he's sick of playing for a busted club and knows that regardless of des, dogs are the future.

He did say he was coming to the Dogs to learn off James Graham......

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the club sacks Hasler, I will take out a membership, only a country one but I stopped I think 3 years ago paying for my country membership I never used anyway but was happy to support the club

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Christian Nicolussi and Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
September 14, 2017 10:35pm
Subscriber only

CANTERBURY may be forced to show their hand in the Des Hasler coaching situation because the man widely touted as his successor, Dean Pay, is about to be interviewed for the vacant Warrington job in the UK Super League.

Warrington boss Karl Fitzpatrick is in Sydney, where he’s expected to spend the next week interviewing potential candidates, including Canberra assistant coach Pay.

Should Canterbury axe Hasler, whose Bulldogs missed the finals this year after a disappointing season, Pay would be high on the club’s wish list of potential replacements.

SPORT CON: Maloney move talk is baloney

Canterbury could be forced to make a decision on Des Hasler. Picture: Gregg Porteous
However, the Bulldogs could be gazumped by Warrington, who are on the lookout for a new coach after parting company with the club’s longest-serving leader, Tony Smith.

Pay won’t be the only coach interviewed for the Wolves job, but his application could be the most pivotal because the Bulldogs would need to speed up their decision if they want to employ the former Canterbury and Parramatta forward.

It is understood Pay was sounded out about replacing Hasler for this year before the Bulldogs opted to stick with their man then give him a two-year contract extension mid-season.

One person who isn’t keen on a return to England to coach is dumped South Sydney mentor Michael Maguire, who isn’t in the running to replace Neil Henry on the Gold Coast, either.

● ● ●

AARON Woods may be Canterbury’s big-name recruit but he has not sought any assurances regarding Hasler’s future at the club.

Woods knows what uncertainty in the coaching ranks can do to a club, having been at the coalface when the Tigers axed Jason Taylor this year.

Woods said he wanted to keep his distance until his contract with the Tigers expired.

“No one knows what’s going on there,” Woods said. “That’s footy.

“I haven’t done anything with the Bulldogs yet.

“I’m still contracted with the Wests Tigers and I still have to do stuff for them.

“If I don’t oblige to that I feel like I’ll let them down.”
I was reading Big League today & came across this interview with Dean Pay. It said (Pay) "can't see himself coach in the NRL." It's not a goal or anything." "I've got 3 girls & my young bloke. They keep me pretty busy." As does the trotters he trains & owns with Ricky Stuart & John Cartwright.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol at the woods part. Are they trying to imply he wouldn't come here if Hasler left?

It's not like he can stay at the tigers now as they've already got his replacement.

We're probably the only club who are willing to pay him as much as he's going to get so it's not like he has many better options.

He's leaving the tigers cause he's sick of playing for a busted club and knows that regardless of des, dogs are the future.
Well it's win-win for us, no bitch and Hasler fucks off

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS we should make it public that we will not renew if des is still here.

Use the dirty media against him.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading Big League today & came across this interview with Dean Pay. It said (Pay) "can't see himself coach in the NRL." It's not a goal or anything." "I've got 3 girls & my young bloke. They keep me pretty busy." As does the trotters he trains & owns with Ricky Stuart & John Cartwright.
Oh well, we've always got Hasler to fall back on!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the club sacks Hasler, I will take out a membership, only a country one but I stopped I think 3 years ago paying for my country membership I never used anyway but was happy to support the club
Me too

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh well, we've always got Hasler to fall back on!
Don't worry. Whilst I WAS quoting an article with Pay in Big League, it was from round 17 2007! Just happened upon it today.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hustler this hustler that it's all becoming so boring now

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did say he was coming to the Dogs to learn off James Graham......
Well he has learnt not to backend deals or you will be shipped off to StGeorge from JG

Status
Not open for further replies.