Canterbury close in on front-of-jersey sponsor in time for Eel battle

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can I just ask what’s the issue with ace gutters?
I think sponsorship value and brand association. Premium and multi-national brands can afford to pay more and the clubs view is we want to play in that space and don’t need to rush into any agreement but prefer to wait for the right one.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess they must have it all happening so let’s just see what happens... as long as they are committed to the club and pays what we are worth... unlike KIA who just decided they wanted to go with the gronkos and canned us

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont have any issues with Ace Gutters.

For me its not the name or the company but the decision the club (Cronulla) took to cheapen their brand based on the much smaller amount accepted as a main sponsor, if reports are anything to go by. If you want to attract major corporate's with real budgets and potential multi year deals you dont settle for Fish n Chip shop sponsorship's.

Even if the fish and chips shop pays just as much Kia for example?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I guess they must have it all happening so let’s just see what happens... as long as they are committed to the club and pays what we are worth... unlike KIA who just decided they wanted to go with the gronkos and canned us
The Kia deal by all reports was the richest deal in the game, blame the club for losing out on those $$$

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If a fish n’ chip shop turns over so much money that they can afford a $1m expense to sponsor a footy team I want to buy that business!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Kia deal by all reports was the richest deal in the game, blame the club for losing out on those $$$
Yeah I don’t blame KIA for leaving I doubt they would be paying that much more at the Broncos and they get themselves so much more exposure. Crowds, viewing numbers, prime time slots and finals appearances all declined as soon as KIA came on board.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that is a bit of a stretch, but sure. If Bobs Fish n Chips is willing to stump up a $mil for a year then happily take his money and it would push the price up for a large corporate so its a win win. But lets be honest unless its the Sydney Fish Market group or someone like Decosti they are not going to have that sort of coin. My point with the Gutter sponsorship was the paid gutter money..

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just noticed that Pepsi Max has appeared on the website as a sponsor. I'm sure it wasn't there before. Could be them ?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think that is a bit of a stretch, but sure. If Bobs Fish n Chips is willing to stump up a $mil for a year then happily take his money and it would push the price up for a large corporate so its a win win. But lets be honest unless its the Sydney Fish Market group or someone like Decosti they are not going to have that sort of coin. My point with the Gutter sponsorship was the paid gutter money..
yeah but my point is we do t know how well ace gutters are sowing or how much they plan on expanding

a sponsorship is a sponsorship as long as we don’t drop the price for the sponsorship

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Integrity? Class? Not looking like cheap *****?...should I say more? What's a gutter used for? ... Waste water...lowbrow!
What’s a gutter used for? Hahahaha

mate you suggesting the Canterbury-Bankstown bulldogs reject companies who wish to sponsor the club if they are associated to plumbing, fast food, waste management

ect?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as they are pumping money into a club who cares? Lol

I couldn’t give a shit if our sponsor was my local fish and chips shop as long as they pay what it’s worth all good.
I concur, just saying why I think others might object

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just noticed that Pepsi Max has appeared on the website as a sponsor. I'm sure it wasn't there before. Could be them ?
Strange that they appear in the Corporate section but not on the main website under sponsors.
You'd think unlikely given they are on the bottom line - if they were to be a major/front of jersey sponsor they'd have to be up top with the other jersey sponsors like M&J, Ultimate Security, Ladbrokes etc?
Maybe it's a decoy :-). Time will tell...

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
What’s a gutter used for? Hahahaha

mate you suggesting the Canterbury-Bankstown bulldogs reject companies who wish to sponsor the club if they are associated to plumbing, fast food, waste management

ect?
Did I mention food? It's just good marketing policy not to associate waste products and waste materials aka shit... (Since you brought up waste management) as your clubs main sponsor of your club. What are you... A disgruntled plumber?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah but my point is we do t know how well ace gutters are sowing or how much they plan on expanding

a sponsorship is a sponsorship as long as we don’t drop the price for the sponsorship
Fair enough. They are a decent size company and perhaps they are trying to ease them in with a cheap deal to start. It’s always easy to drop the price, lifting it is the hard bit.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha another red logo, imagine
It’s funny, for some reason I couldn’t give a shit what a sponsors colours are. They are paying so they should not have to
compromise their brand.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We lost Kia for the same reason we got them in the first place.. a few years ago the bulldogs were the 2nd most watched sporting team in all of Australia.. since that time fans have turned away, commentators constantly condemn our style of play and we now have less free to air games.. we are no longer attractive team to watch.. hence why Kia jumped over to the broncos, they are guaranteed Friday night primetime every week.. it's pretty simple really...

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did I mention food? It's just good marketing policy not to associate waste products and waste materials aka shit... (Since you brought up waste management) as your clubs main sponsor of your club. What are you... A disgruntled plumber?

No I ain’t a plumber and I couldn’t give a shit about the sharks was just wondering what the big deal was who was sponsoring them.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost Kia for the same reason we got them in the first place.. a few years ago the bulldogs were the 2nd most watched sporting team in all of Australia.. since that time fans have turned away, commentators constantly condemn our style of play and we now have less free to air games.. we are no longer attractive team to watch.. hence why Kia jumped over to the broncos, they are guaranteed Friday night primetime every week.. it's pretty simple really...

The game is a business and Des Hasler’s boring game plan turned many fans away, die hards and fringe supporters.
We have been boring to watching since barba left.

even when we made the 2014 grand final we were boring.

I’m exited about our next chapter.