Canterbury close in on front-of-jersey sponsor in time for Eel battle

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great idea, but when it comes to actually getting some to part with the folding stuff, that might be the issue...
Mate, in a previous life I use to put deals together like this all the time from $50k to $1.2m a year, so there is always a way. You could easily find out who spends what on the Kennel as a supporter and then pitch it accordingly. You wont even get half of those members to entertain the idea simply because they couldn't be bothered (some people dont react even when the little head tells them they should) but there would be plenty on here that would and quite a few with some real coin and they would flush out, and maybe you could put something together a slightly different way if you get my drift..?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, in a previous life I use to put deals together like this all the time from $50k to $1.2m a year, so there is always a way. You could easily find out who spends what on the Kennel as a supporter and then pitch it accordingly. You wont even get half of those members to entertain the idea simply because they couldn't be bothered (some people dont react even when the little head tells them they should) but there would be plenty on here that would and quite a few with some real coin and they would flush out, and maybe you could put something together a slightly different way if you get my drift..?
I do get it mate and not saying people power is not possible, but it would be more expensive given the reality is it would be a minority and have to be exclusive given there’s so many who won’t put their money where their mouth is. And you’d have to get the site owner to agree to it who might not like it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think that really solves much tbh. If TK was slapped across the face of our jersey then the media would have a field day with some of the posts on here and that will bring attention the club just doesn't want.
Rubbish, no club in Sydney has done this before and the NRL would jump all over it because its real fans voting with their feet and dollars, and thats why you pay market value for the sponsorship and not try and pull a swifty like "ACE GUTTERS"...

The press and public as well as previous sponsors like Jaycar have always had access to the Kennel and the crap sometimes written on here but who cares. Jaycar, where never in love with the Bulldogs, it was just business for them. Real sponsorship goes beyond club love and a jersey running around there has to be real commercial value particularly with brand awareness and business to business opportunity's.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do get it mate and not saying people power is not possible, but it would be more expensive given the reality is it would be a minority and have to be exclusive given there’s so many who won’t put their money where their mouth is. And you’d have to get the site owner to agree to it who might not like it.
Nah, DD.

I dont have to get anyone's permission, I am just spit-balling a fun idea that could easily have some legs. Nothing else..:tonguewink:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a nice idea but fans put their hard earned towards the club in plenty of ways already. Merchandise, memberships, game day tickets and Leagues Club members putting money into the machines. This one is on the club to get sorted in my opinion.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a nice idea but fans put their hard earned towards the club in plenty of ways already. Merchandise, memberships, game day tickets and Leagues Club members putting money into the machines. This one is on the club to get sorted in my opinion.
I don’t disagree, hence why saying divide by total members = $x per head wouldn’t work. But as Bazil said, just spit-balling...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rubbish, no club in Sydney has done this before and the NRL would jump all over it because its real fans voting with their feet and dollars, and thats why you pay market value for the sponsorship and not try and pull a swifty like "ACE GUTTERS"...

The press and public as well as previous sponsors like Jaycar have always had access to the Kennel and the crap sometimes written on here but who cares. Jaycar, where never in love with the Bulldogs, it was just business for them. Real sponsorship goes beyond club love and a jersey running around there has to be real commercial value particularly with brand awareness and business to business opportunity's.
Have you seen some of the threads on here? Lol. The club can't partner with us with some of the garbage we talk about on here, it would be crazy and just asking for trouble.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree, hence why saying divide by total members = $x per head wouldn’t work. But as Bazil said, just spit-balling...
Oh yeah I know it’s just discussing and won’t happen. If the club was fighting for survival and needed cash to stay afloat I’d put in with a doubt but I wouldn’t give them money because they can’t find a sponsor when they have the Leagues Club there printing money.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yeah I know it’s just discussing and won’t happen. If the club was fighting for survival and needed cash to stay afloat I’d put in with a doubt but I wouldn’t give them money because they can’t find a sponsor when they have the Leagues Club there printing money.
Yeah the hysteria over no sponsor is purely image, not financial.

I actually quite like the idea of ‘We don’t need ACE Gutters!’ :-).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the hysteria over no sponsor is purely image, not financial.

I actually quite like the idea of ‘We don’t need ACE Gutters!’ :-).
Let’s just wait and see what we get first:D. Jim’s tyre and breaks in Belmore might get a run haha.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Can I just ask what’s the issue with ace gutters?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's got something to do with the word gutters...

As long as they are pumping money into a club who cares? Lol

I couldn’t give a shit if our sponsor was my local fish and chips shop as long as they pay what it’s worth all good.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can I just ask what’s the issue with ace gutters?
Dont have any issues with Ace Gutters.

For me its not the name or the company but the decision the club (Cronulla) took to cheapen their brand based on the much smaller amount accepted as a main sponsor, if reports are anything to go by. If you want to attract major corporate's with real budgets and potential multi year deals you dont settle for Fish n Chip shop sponsorship's.