News Canterbury Bulldogs rookie Falakiko Manu’s slow rise to the top

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor completes redemption

Canterbury winger Jayden Okunbor has had a tumultuous time at the Bulldogs in recent years but he appears to have done enough to convince coach Trent Barrett that he has a future at the club.

Weekend Read understands that Okunbor, currently sidelined with a knee problem, has been offered a two-year deal to stay at the Bulldogs.

A new deal would cap a remarkable renaissance for Okunbor. A year ago he and teammate Corey Harawira-Naera had their contracts terminated by Canterbury after an incident during the pre-season in Port Macquarie.

They only had their contracts reinstated after an appeal. Harawira-Naera left for Canberra but Okunbor stayed and fought for his future, a decision that has now been vindicated as the Bulldogs prepare to offer him a new deal
Had to be done after Meaney and DWZ have been released.
Would be bargain basement cost, I'm ok with this.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When you read something like this you realise how lucky you are and there are many people doing it much tougher.

Good luck young man, many people would have given up but you hung in there, well done and grab your well deserved chance!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Respect Kiko.. respect.. I wish you all the best ..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome story.. did it tough and had been rewarded for hard work. Good luck big man, rip in.!!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As shit as this season has been, it's great seeing opportunities given to guys like him and Deitz that have persevered for years in the lower grades hoping to one day make their debut. Best of luck to him this weekend.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Canterbury winger Jayden Okunbor has had a tumultuous time at the Bulldogs in recent years but he appears to have done enough to convince coach Trent Barrett that he has a future at the club.

Weekend Read understands that Okunbor, currently sidelined with a knee problem, has been offered a two-year deal to stay at the Bulldogs.

A new deal would cap a remarkable renaissance for Okunbor. A year ago he and teammate Corey Harawira-Naera had their contracts terminated by Canterbury after an incident during the pre-season in Port Macquarie.

They only had their contracts reinstated after an appeal. Harawira-Naera left for Canberra but Okunbor stayed and fought for his future, a decision that has now been vindicated as the Bulldogs prepare to offer him a new deal
Good would have got him cheap and fills a squad spot. Things need to start taking shape.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is great news for both parties. Showing that loyalty is still alive in this business.
I would like to see Okonbur kick on to greater heights and be a reliable Tupou-like winger for us as the later was for the roosters.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issue here, would try and manufacture his as a kikau type player on the edges

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What an awesome story, as everyone else has said hope he rips in and has a blinder tomorrow. Show these high paid fellas he’s replacing how it’s done.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great story,hang in there mate,all we can ask is give it your best shot,I’m sure if u do that we will all b proud of u,kick some ass .
Exactly, your parents will be proud.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Fuk me, reading that actually made me a bit emotional (Bare in mind I'm 6 beers in). Go for it young fella, play the game of your life! Drop the other c#nts regardless and stick with this guy. This is the sort of person I would want to be in a trench with.