Canterbury Bulldogs reassess lofty goals but Des Hasler man to chase them: Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a politician. Tells everyone what she thinks they want to hear. Now 7th or 8th isn't good enough.

But she's still going on about 2 grand finals in 5 years.

I wish her, Hasler and dib would fark off.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
More useless talk and rhetoric.
How about some substance FFS. What's going to change? How will it all improve? What's been done to address obvious issues that have been allowed to fester for 4 years.
To come out publicly with that idiotic strategic plan was such a dumb move. All it did was set them up for failure. it's absolutely pathetic that the club has to do so much damage control for a crisis that is self inflicted.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Yh i said at the time that making these goals public was a terrible call, said if we don't reach these goals there should be mass sackings...people said i was being silly haha
Totally agree. In my opinion Castle put her own neck on the chopping board by releasing this stupid goals and she's been waiting for the axe to drop ever since

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here's a realistic target. We are closer to spoon than a premiership if Hasler continues to pick overrated/overhyped/overpaid/overweight players to play his negative outdated style.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey dumbass, the other team that accomplished this actually won a Grand Final........
It's funny because the last 2 years she always said Hasler was the only coach to make it to 2 grand finals. It was her justifying statistic. I was wondering what she will use now to back up her decision to keep Hasler. Thought she would come up with something new.

But instead she now said he is only one of 2 coaches to do that now
Lol

Will be interesting to see what she will say if broncos, sharks or cowboys make it next year :p

Will she keep on talking about something from 5 years ago :p

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "biggest sporting club in Australia" goal tells me Castle is not in touch with reality.

The Bulldogs will never be the biggest club in Sydney, let alone Australia.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The "biggest sporting club in Australia" goal tells me Castle is not in touch with reality.

The Bulldogs will never be the biggest club in Sydney, let alone Australia.
I know right. She is one cracked bitch. Not sure if she is delusional or just retarded (no offence to the retarded community of Australia). But she trumpets how successful we are on the field how good our facilities are and how good our corporate income is and our memberships are.

Facts
• The team is unfit, world class facilities yet they can't get through 80 mins of footy
• Even parra has more members then us, so if 1/3 is football 1/3 is memberships and 1/3 is corporate then we are being outdone by a club that hasn't even made the finals in 7 years..... so has castles failed in 3/3?
• Our corporate income is great..... yet we will posted a significant loss. She can't even balance the books, can't even win a premiership and can barely even make the finals (limping into the finals ever since 2013)

So this lady has done absolutely nothing. She can't even run a weekend cake stall at the markets lets alone a football club. If we achieved 2/3 of our aspirations (in terms of corporate and memberships) then ok maybe she gets a pass mark.

But the team failed, our memberships are behind parra and we posted a financial loss even after the leagues club grant and the nrl payment. So what did she do? Maybe it's all her appearances with feel good stories.

She is nothing more then a PR manager. Keep her in charge of the pr side. Get an astute CEO that can manage a football team, and then just let the coach coach. Not let the coach run the show and the fat dyke toot her trumpet in how amazing he is and how successful we are as a club.....

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
with the way the nrl is being ran it will never ever get close to the afl clubs
with the way the NRL is being run it is in danger of being overtaken by the A-League clubs.

Melbourne Victory has more members than the Bulldogs and Wanderers have almost the same.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he is the only dogs coach to make the finals every year
What shits me and every one else is the strong roster he has and what has changed so much since 2012

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he is the only dogs coach to make the finals every year
What shits me and every one else is the strong roster he has and what has changed so much since 2012
Exactly. We had a great team. Dominated in 2012, cleaned up all the awards. Yet we never strengthen our roster, let all our talent go for one reason or another and we never looked like being a top 4 team again (and we never have). Probably the best signing in that time has been Brett Morris yet statistically he is injured every second game.

We had a good playing group but seem to have missed our premiership window. Everyone is 5 years older so I will be surprised if this playing group can win something in the next 2 years.

I hope they do, I watch every game with hope something will click and we will blow the opposition off the park, but I am left disappointed with errors, forwards taking 5 hit ups (even 10 meters out) and ineffective kicks.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. We had a great team. Dominated in 2012, cleaned up all the awards. Yet we never strengthen our roster, let all our talent go for one reason or another and we never looked like being a top 4 team again (and we never have). Probably the best signing in that time has been Brett Morris yet statistically he is injured every second game.

We had a good playing group but seem to have missed our premiership window. Everyone is 5 years older so I will be surprised if this playing group can win something in the next 2 years.

I hope they do, I watch every game with hope something will click and we will blow the opposition off the park, but I am left disappointed with errors, forwards taking 5 hit ups (even 10 meters out) and ineffective kicks.
Now that you put it that way ! It will be 2020 before we rebuild and get into the mix again

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt it. That's why Melbourne shot him down straight away.
Des thinks its "unfair" & that his been treated "unfairly" but, Des thinks its "fair" to the Team, Club & Supporters for Hopoate to miss out on Sunday games?

But, Hoppa cost only 120k, well Gasler why dont you coach for 120k per year. What a hypocrite

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shits me when people say that the CEO doesn't need to know about football to run a football club.
Anyone think Westpac's CEO knows something about banking? Or Kmarts CEO knows something about retail?
It is critical to have football knowledge to run a football club. They are unique. The fact that she knows nothing about football is the reason why we haven't signed any top class players since she's been here. The Bullfrog knew how to sign a player. Tall order, but that is what we need. We need to reincarnate Peter Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.