1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Chambers
5. Lafai ????

cenz1111

Waterboy
Reaction score
Last week I had a couple of beers with some members of the manly board and they all laughed at suggestions the dogs were a chance at hoppa... They told me for personal reasons its either parra or stay at manly...they were pretty convincing...

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We do not need Chambers, when he was at the storm I never saw anything he could do that Lafai could not.

We have Wright as a backup centre. Use the money to keep Barba.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We do not need Chambers, when he was at the storm I never saw anything he could do that Lafai could not.

We have Wright as a backup centre. Use the money to keep Barba.
Mate, don't worry about Barba.
According to the the news on this mornings radio stations, the word is that the the cap will go up to $7,000,000 in 2013....Barba is contracted till the end of 2012, perfect timing!

dedezy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't see how the coaching staff weren't impressed by Lafai when he filled in, good defence, good hands and good footwork what else do we need in the centres.

Sorry to ask because it's probably already been answered but has Aiden Sezer signed with the Titans, what's going on there?

P

Paint.

I don't see how the coaching staff weren't impressed by Lafai when he filled in, good defence, good hands and good footwork what else do we need in the centres.

Sorry to ask because it's probably already been answered but has Aiden Sezer signed with the Titans, what's going on there?
Who said they werent surprised?

And word is that Sezer has signed with the Titans for a massive 250k a season. He's not worth that much and we would have been stupid to offer more.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I saw Josh Massoud's artical on clubs signings and i e-mailed him asking him about the bulldogs his reply was:

Hi Jason,

Aside from throwing $$$$ at Hoppa Jnr not too much . . . If they miss out they'll stick with Lafai and Wright who are both contracted.

Sezer signed with Titans and Roberts will go to either Eels, Rabbitohs or Sharks

Sent from my iPhone

Nothing from the obvious but nice guy to actually reply to the e-mail..

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ALSO:

Hoppa would slot straight into Jamal’s spot.

Bryson Goodwin has not spoken to the Roosters, but is off contract!

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Hoppa centre, Lafai wing = nice
So you still rate Morris as a centre.

This year and last he is, in my opinion a selfish centre unable to feed his wingers. Whether this is because he cannot position himself or as I have noticed afraid to take his eyes off the defender/s to pass and sometimes cop a late, borderlinealbiet a legal tackle. This is what is required as a centre to put your winger away. To me he is similar to his brother, a winger and finisher at the end of a a backline move.

Lafia and Hopoate, or Chambers if it turns out that way would be a better centre pairing. Lafai has too many skills required as a centre now and will improve greatly on those skills as time in FG will show. He would lose those playing up against a sidleine. I would rather have Lafai feediing a flying Morris than the reverse.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRLNEWS NRL News
RR: 2GB has just announced that William Hopoate is likely to remain with the Manly Sea Eagles for another 4 seasons.

Looks like we wont have to worry about Hoppa anymore.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRLNEWS NRL News
RR: 2GB has just announced that William Hopoate is likely to remain with the Manly Sea Eagles for another 4 seasons.

Looks like we wont have to worry about Hoppa anymore.
Now, Messrs Greenberg, Mulholland & Moore - can you please extend Ben Barba's contract before chasing other players

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Now, Messrs Greenberg, Mulholland & Moore - can you please extend Ben Barba's contract before chasing other players

If Barba's manager is worth anything he'd be telling him not to sign any extensions until closer to the expiry of his current deal. It's not good practice to lock in a price while the price is moving upward.

Bad for the Dogs though. I hope for our sake his manager is clueless.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how much Manly paid to retain Hoppa Jnr.

In fairness though it's nice to see some younger players maintain loyalty to the clubs that have helped develop their careers and make them "todays superstars". It's just sad that other certain players can't repay the clubs that made them.

*cough* Idris *cough*

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder how much Manly paid to retain Hoppa Jnr.

In fairness though it's nice to see some younger players maintain loyalty to the clubs that have helped develop their careers and make them "todays superstars". It's just sad that other certain players can't repay the clubs that made them.

*cough* Idris *cough*
Hoppa resigned with Manly?

Status
Not open for further replies.