Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd invest in another prop before another centre I think at present. I love Payne and Eastwood and Millington has been a bit of a suprise, but having only two proper props in Tolman and Paea is stunting our go-forward at the moment I think. Graham boosts it dramatically, but I'd like one more solid one please.
100% Agree!

Forget about Hopa and get another frontrower from the start of the season i said that we wont have enough impact in the front row!

Off Contract FrontRowers That i would buy (Not all of them but two!)

Brent Kite (Might no be in the best of forum but i think he could get back to his best! ),Johnny Mannah, Josh McGuire, Kade Snowden, Troy Thompson

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also would not mind Paliasena (Not sure how to spell it!) From Salford was at Wigan last year and was at NZ warriors prior in 06 I think..Great impact player and has never reached his full potential as he has never had any fitness he can only stay on the field for about 15min..

Hubdy

Bite Me
Reaction score
Also would not mind Paliasena (Not sure how to spell it!) From Salford was at Wigan last year and was at NZ warriors prior in 06 I think..Great impact player and has never reached his full potential as he has never had any fitness he can only stay on the field for about 15min..
no thanks
to lazy
to fat
cant tackle
makes 1 run then need 10 mins to catch his breath
would be a good buy if we had a sumo wrestling team :P

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Aidan Sezer's Future

Give me a clip across the ear and throw me out and for posting a rumour from 3rd hand sources but it seems like we are going to lose Aiden Sezer to the Eels. Apparently hand shakes but no signature yet. See what happens hey.
Shame to lose a Bulldog Junior

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Typical of his Generation really. Want it all and want it now attitude.

If he thinks he's the next big thing and loves the Dogs then why isn't he staying and playing out of his skin every week to push for selection? If he was playing better than Keating the hack, then it would only be a matter of time seeing as benny is all but gone. I dont know the guy and shouldn't judge him, but sounds like he's having a tanty about it all. He's had one good season and thinks he's earned the right to be first grade 5/8?

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let him go, has major technical deficiencies and an attitude to self improvement that is crap. Always believes he is right and never acknowledges his mistakes. Be right at home at the Eels.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to him, I wouldn't stay at the Bulldogs if I was a young half. One bad game and suddenly you are the root of all problems and must go

BulldogsFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL Gossip
Sharks officals will meet with Bulldogs Ben Roberts this week to discuss the possibility of a mid season transfer.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Good luck to him, I wouldn't stay at the Bulldogs if I was a young half. One bad game and suddenly you are the root of all problems and must go
Why would what fans think have any bearing on why you'd stay at a club?? Do you honestly think players give a fk about what fans think?

Assuming you are insinuating that fans lose it after one bad game that is. ;)

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would what fans think have any bearing on why you'd stay at a club?? Do you honestly think players give a fk about what fans think?

Assuming you are insinuating that fans lose it after one bad game that is. ;)
Yeah I was being facetious regarding the Trent Hodkinson worst buy thread. At first I thought it was funny but now I just think its sad

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
The only way I'd be happy if the dogs did give Roberts a release would be if they organized some sort of swap for a prop from the sharks. No idea who is any good though and no chance of getting one of their 2 starters

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A sharks player? If it isn't Snowden, Douglas, Gallen or Gardner then no thanks.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We dont need to buy another prop.

We have Tim Browne, Sam Kasiano, and Martin Tapau.

I hate this obsession we have with buying players to fill positions. We need to stop trying to buy a premiership and do it the old fashion way, ala 2004.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
armit is the man better than paea next year should be armit tolman graham kasiano

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Always wanted to see what became of Aiden at the Dogs, but it appears that with our new recruits playing as well as they are that it could be some time before he got a call up with us.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I hate this obsession we have with buying players to fill positions. We need to stop trying to buy a premiership and do it the old fashion way, ala 2004.
Didnt we buy a premiership in 2004 ?

Patten - Saints
Anasta - Souths Juniors
Grimaldi - Saints
Omeley - Norths
Tonga - Parramatta
Ryan - Parramatta

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score

Patten - Saints
Anasta - Souths Juniors
Grimaldi - Saints
Omeley - Norths
Tonga - Parramatta
Ryan - Parramatta
El Masri: Bulldogs junior
Matt Utai: Bulldogs junior
Brent Sherwin: Bulldogs Junior
Willie Mason: Bulldogs from teens
Corey Hughes: Dogs junior
Sonny Bill Willams: Bulldogs from 13
Jonathon Thurston: Bulldogs from teens

So whats ya point? Trollin'?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Patten - Saints
Anasta - Souths Juniors
Grimaldi - Saints
Omeley - Norths
Tonga - Parramatta
Ryan - Parramatta
Ryan, Patten and Omeley were the only established players that we bought in that period. Tonga was a rookie, Grimaldi had already been around for ages, and Anasta was a junior.

Compare that to our current squad. Most were bought from other clubs, already established 1st graders

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
didnt grimaldi play for the dogs first? then dragons then england then back to dogs?

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you think they can step up though?

our go forward is seriosuly lacking this year....

Kasiano showed glimpses, but i still think he is still 1-2 years away from developing into a top notch prop...dont know about Taupau (he is playing lock in NSW cup), and Browne is ok i guess....

my point is our juniors are still are fair way off from being regular first graders, and in the meantime we need players to fill the void.....

Status
Not open for further replies.