Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Todd and Kevin knew about Roberts Titans offer before he was dropped to NSW Cup. Let him go.
Unfortunately, as is mostly the case, he'll probably put in a blinder every week for the Titans instead of 1 week on, six weeks off for us !

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No point fighting for roberts really. He has been a decent player for us but as many have mentioned he has been really hot and cold. And now that Keating is filling the 5/8 role to a roberts level or higher and is only on 170k makes sense to part ways and also as others have mentioned we have adequate replacements with Jack, Smith, Reynolds, Seazer waiting to ply their trade in firstgrade. Allbeit they are nowhere near the class or experience of roberts but they will only develop with time maybe off the bench.

Seems like a logical thing to get rid of roberts freeing up some cash and possibly opening up a spot for someone else to prove themselves.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I don't want to see Roberts go, I can appreciate his talent as a player and genuinely enjoy watching him play. It's a shame we can't make room for him in our side....having said that, I think his style of play would suit the youth and experience at the Titans. Goodluck Benny!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Granted he's not consistent but he's too good of a player to be stuck in reserves. I wouldn't be happy to see him go but I don't want the club to keep a player around who's on a fair bit just for depth purposes. Not only cash wise but we could lose a potential star in the process, too.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
be interesting the titians are struggling at 5/8 having already dropped capewell i think we have cover for benny to go might as well be earlier and get more dosh saved

5/8

Loyal Royal Blue & White
Reaction score
Although I don't want to see Roberts go, I can appreciate his talent as a player and genuinely enjoy watching him play. It's a shame we can't make room for him in our side....having said that, I think his style of play would suit the youth and experience at the Titans. Goodluck Benny!!
couldnt have said it any better.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RR: Interesting. Rumour doing the rounds that Ben Roberts may soon be a Titans player.
@NRL NEWS
cant think of a better team for roberts. prince could bring the best out of his game.
& yes im jumping the gun, i just want roberts to be playing regular 1st grade & outside one of the best halfbacks and attacking forward packs in the game.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon Todd and Kevin knew about Roberts Titans offer before he was dropped to NSW Cup. Let him go.
Unfortunately, as is mostly the case, he'll probably put in a blinder every week for the Titans instead of 1 week on, six weeks off for us !
May just need a change of scenery to get back to his best and some consistent form.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, I've heard a rumour Jamal will re-sign for 5 years..... Anyone with credible sources wanna confirm or deny this rumour?

PS: Don't shoot the messenger.

jammo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
OK, I've heard a rumour Jamal will re-sign for 5 years..... Anyone with credible sources wanna confirm or deny this rumour?

From your mouth to God's ears...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jamal hasn't been tabled an offer yet.

Roberts I don't think will leave *yet*, and if he does I can tell you one place he's likely to end up and we won't like it.

Starts with Parra and ends with matta.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamal hasn't been tabled an offer yet.

Roberts I don't think will leave *yet*, and if he does I can tell you one place he's likely to end up and we won't like it.

Starts with Parra and ends with matta.
pretty likely they have tabled him offers before and he STAYED with us for less

now we are pissing him off without giving him any minutes to content with keating

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hey KE, this is what was reported in RLW...

Well, RLW reports that in an exclusive interview with Todd Greenburg, the Dogs will offer Idris a 3yr deal underpinned by an offer to help him set up "IDRIS INC." - a massive branding scheme that includes plans to make Idris a movie star.
The idea is that idris would work with third party sponsors to lift his profile, which in turn would lead to more opportunities during and after his playing career.
In saying that RLW think that there also might be a spanner in the works due to the sacking of Ryan Tandy. After the club sacked Tandy, Ayoub was absolutely fuming at the club, and now there is concern over Idris, as Idris is managed by Ayoub.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have a theory. Could the club be dragging the deal out in hope Ayoub loses his accreditation from NRL and thus Idris is free from his contract, and club won't deal with Ayoub.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a theory. Could the club be dragging the deal out in hope Ayoub loses his accreditation from NRL and thus Idris is free from his contract, and club won't deal with Ayoub.
i think this is a good point because if Ayoub is still his manager he wont sign with us because after tandy got sacked Ayoub will do anything in his power to stop idris staying

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You overthink, If ayoub gets banned He will just get another manager wont change a thing, Its idris's decision not ayoubs

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And I don't think the club will take a gamble like that on a player as important as Idris is.

Too risky as anything can happen.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think this is a good point because if Ayoub is still his manager he wont sign with us because after tandy got sacked Ayoub will do anything in his power to stop idris staying
Sorry do you know ayoub? So because tandy got sacked ayoubs making it personal and trying to get idris to leave? What do you base this assumption on? Anybody on this forum over 11 years old?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also, other Bulldogs news in the RLW is that Cronulla are circling around ben Roberts.

Status
Not open for further replies.