Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what needed to be said ? lolz
mitchconnor said David Fifita hasnt played top grade, and Mr invisiible said ''NRL control both First Grade and Toyota Cup. He debuted in 2009 in Toyota Cup.''
Just to clarify both have played At high levels

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
mitchconnor said David Fifita hasnt played top grade, and Mr invisiible said ''NRL control both First Grade and Toyota Cup. He debuted in 2009 in Toyota Cup.''
Just to clarify both have played At high levels
ahk...but the fact remains that the quality in both comps are VERYYYY different.
in fact...its completely different. ones a telstra premiership and the other is the toyota cup...LOL
but anyways...hope he becomes a better player while joining our club. and it better not be some apprenticeship thing either!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
apprenticeships were better served a few years ago, now theres not much loyalty or secrecy about players, shame really
ahk...but the fact remains that the quality in both comps are VERYYYY different.
in fact...its completely different. ones a telstra premiership and the other is the toyota cup...LOL
but anyways...hope he becomes a better player while joining our club. and it better not be some apprenticeship thing either!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One of the worst replies in history tbh.

This means absolutely nothing lol
I think you need to go back and read my original comment champ..

In which I stated he debuted in the NRL in 2009.

As NRL control both grades, stating he debuted in the NRL in 2009 is correct, just that he didn't debut in first grade.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you need to go back and read my original comment champ..

In which I stated he debuted in the NRL in 2009.

As NRL control both grades, stating he debuted in the NRL in 2009 is correct, just that he didn't debut in first grade.
Haha way to dig yourself out of a hole. I think 99.99% of all living humans would take NRL to mean First Grade, Toyota Cup should be referred to as Toyota Cup or NYC or whatever, but not NRL, regardless of who controls what.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha way to dig yourself out of a hole. I think 99.99% of all living humans would take NRL to mean First Grade, Toyota Cup should be referred to as Toyota Cup or NYC or whatever, but not NRL, regardless of who controls what.
X2 also can be called under20's :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
99.99999% of humans would consider FIRST GRADE to mean first grade.

Have a look at what most sites say in player profiles.

First Grade debut:
Debuted in First Grade:

Given the literal definition of debut is "starting something for the first time", then unless you came straight into the game at a first grade level you can't exactly be starting NRL for the first time by debuting in first grade. You can only technically debut in the NRL in Toyota Cup.

ProudDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
some info i recieved tonight
1) Eatwood has signed a 3 year deal not 2 as reported
2) we will not be signing Blair for next year as Melbourne will not release him.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
99.99999% of humans would consider FIRST GRADE to mean first grade.

Have a look at what most sites say in player profiles.

First Grade debut:
Debuted in First Grade:

Given the literal definition of debut is "starting something for the first time", then unless you came straight into the game at a first grade level you can't exactly be starting NRL for the first time by debuting in first grade. You can only technically debut in the NRL in Toyota Cup.
That still doesn't disprove my point. If you purposely wrote NRL to mean NYC or First Grade then that's just stupid. A bi of consideration for common language use would have gone a long way.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
some info i recieved tonight
1) Eatwood has signed a 3 year deal not 2 as reported
2) we will not be signing Blair for next year as Melbourne will not release him.
i have a feeling this will be true, and that tandy wont be sacked at all. i think will go hard for blair in 2011 for the 2012 season and beyond and he will replace ryan.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That still doesn't disprove my point. If you purposely wrote NRL to mean NYC or First Grade then that's just stupid. A bi of consideration for common language use would have gone a long way.
This. You seemed to be able to distinguish the two in the latter part of your sentence, K.I.S.S.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After Bestwood and possibly Blair will there be any other signings?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
eastwood will be the last i assume.

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After Bestwood and possibly Blair will there be any other signings?
Storm wont release Blair...what happened to the mass life bannings for people involved in the betting scandal that was supposed to happen yesterday ??? Guess alot of "BS"

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
yeh we all knew that.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm wont release Blair...what happened to the mass life bannings for people involved in the betting scandal that was supposed to happen yesterday ??? Guess alot of "BS"
Give it a couple weeks before you dismiss it completely. There's something shady about the cowboys, two years in a row near the end of season in nothing games (v Roosters, Dogs) match fixing rumours have floated.

dreamteamz

BIG_BAD_BULLDOG
Reaction score
from what i heard Willie Mason and Aaron Payne are involved

Status
Not open for further replies.