Canterbury Bulldogs legend Hazem El Masri reunites with first wife Arwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hazem El Masri has reunited with his first wife Arwa and the pair are again a married couple.

El Masri and Arwa have known each other for 20 years and had been married for 14 of them before they separated in 2014. El Masri then married Douah El-Cherif in a short union during which the Canterbury legend was charged with assault.

Reconciled: Hazem El Masri and Arwa. Photo: Steve Christo
Arwa's support of El Masri throughout the ordeal never wavered, launching a passionate defence of his character and slamming the NRL's decision not to retain him as an ambassador until a verdict had been reached. The charges against El Masri were dropped in March last year.

The Bulldogs reinstated El Masri as a club ambassador, allowing him to resume his work in delivering messages to the community about social inclusion. The NRL announced a line-up of 46 ambassadors at the start of the season, but El Masri hasn't rejoined their ranks.

The reunion of El Masri and Arwa is a heart-warming yarn that could have been sold for a motza to TV networks or women's magazines. Instead, they chose to tell their story to The Project, free of charge, because of the sensitive way the program handled a previous interview with El Masri.

In the interview, which airs on Network Ten on Tuesday night, El Masri was asked about the NRL's decision not to reinstate him as an ambassador. We hear the response makes for interesting viewing.

Advertisement

Arwa certainly didn't hold back on the issue when she penned an open letter for Fairfax Media blasting then-CEO Dave Smith and his administration for not allowing El Masri a presumption of innocence.

"This is to clear the air about loyalty," Arwa wrote last year.

"The knee-jerk reaction last year by departed NRL CEO David Smith was nothing short of shameful, but personally I wasn't shocked," Arwa wrote.

"The NRL isn't renowned for its loyalty to its players, it's more loyal to the bottom line, and it will sell you the family image without flinching … but when this long-serving soldier for the greater cause of the community needed that faith returned to him, he was shut down and dismissed without being proven guilty. If you want to know what loyalty looks like, you will not find it at the NRL, the only organisation I know of that continuously fails at looking after its own."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...tes-with-first-wife-arwa-20170526-gwe2s9.html

Still a Legend and his Missus sounds like one too! Good luck to them.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome news for one of the finest men to ever play footy IMO
Nothing but best wishes for Arwa and mas

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool story bro and good for him..... but does ones personal life belong in this forum? Does this also include all EX players personal dating/tinder/POF/RSVP/Red hot pie/ Asian dating/marriage news back to the 1st days of the berries?
Ps. Just had a root too.
Hahahaha.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some people get married too early and don't realise what they had all along is what was right for them.

El Marsi has quickly learned not all woman out there are as good as Arwa.

I'm happy for them and their children.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the bottom of my heart inshallah nothing but happiness and peace to Hazem and Arwa and there kids one of the most humble human beings on earth. Ramadan kareem my brother.

Love seeing story's like this it's a great out come for the kids.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Cool story bro and good for him..... but does ones personal life belong in this forum? Does this also include all EX players personal dating/tinder/POF/RSVP/Red hot pie/ Asian dating/marriage news back to the 1st days of the berries?
Ps. Just had a root too.
Hahahaha.
Your probably right mate but due to previous trash of "Dogs family club cracked" or whatever it was and a lack of positive stuff from the club and players lately I thought it would be nice to have something positive going in here. Plus he's a complete legend and I think how he was treated it's nice to see a happier (touch wood) ending. Congrats on the root.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hazem is more than just a player from the Bulldogs. There's a lot of interest in his story.
Obviously you're not gonna post details of Dallas McIlwain's latest hook-up.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Wow! This has really made my day. I'm happy for them but all I can think about is how absolutely over the moon their kids must be. My parents split when I was 5. About 2 years later after a long custody battle in Burwood courts I got to see my dad again on every second weekend. It was a terrible time in my life. After 3 months of seeing my dad every second weekend my dad tells my sister and I that he might be coming back home to reunite with my mother but eventually it never happened. It was heart breaking to say the very least. I'm so happy for Haz and Arwa but it's their kids I'm really happy for here. [emoji847]such a great story.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who cares. Dead average player gets back with wife. Yawn
Dead average player lol. dudes was consistent week in week out.
Your not really average if you're 1 in 7 people to crack 150+ tries divide that amongst the 317 games he played and that's a decent strike rate.your not dead average if you're 1 of 17 players to crack the 300 game mark.
Also remember he saved a few tries back in his day.and was a pretty handy goal kicker ontop of that.
Sure the game changed around him in the end .but to say he was dead average is just a pile of fucking bullshit .you dont get those stats if you're dead average. You get em through consistency and putting in every week.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dead average player lol. dudes was consistent week in week out.
Your not really average if you're 1 in 7 people to crack 150+ tries divide that amongst the 317 games he played and that's a decent strike rate.your not dead average if you're 1 of 17 players to crack the 300 game mark.
Also remember he saved a few tries back in his day.and was a pretty handy goal kicker ontop of that.
Sure the game changed around him in the end .but to say he was dead average is just a pile of fucking bullshit .you dont get those stats if you're dead average. You get em through consistency and putting in every week.
Awesome post
But you took the bait lol

Lol
He trolled you

Haha

Don't let yourself be trolled they say

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol yep i bit thats for sure
Haha