Canterbury Bulldogs endure another disastrous Auckland Nines campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love how each year des thinks he's so clever brushing the 9s but I bet all the teams that had a go
Roosters/panthers/cowboys/broncos and parra finish higher than us ,i get resting bmoz but as the roosters coach said its about Getting that winning feeling and working on attack

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it's a cultural thing. When you put on that jersey, you do it with pride and respect. Des doesn't understand the culture.

But what I would like to know, is what is Hasler saving our players for? He always rests our star players in the 9's to save them for NRL proper, like he has some master plan?

3 tackle hit up. 4th tackle tolman surrender. and then clueless on the 5th. Why does this require fresh players?

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need our players rested now who can last long minutes so Des only has to use 3 of his bench players in a game . Nothing worse than having to bring on a fresh bench forward when you dont have to....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
it's a cultural thing. When you put on that jersey, you do it with pride and respect. Des doesn't understand the culture.

But what I would like to know, is what is Hasler saving our players for? He always rests our star players in the 9's to save them for NRL proper, like he has some master plan?

3 tackle hit up. 4th tackle tolman surrender. and then clueless on the 5th. Why does this require fresh players?
It isn't even a cultural thing, it's just Des over coaching the side and not letting the boys play footy. He couldn't even send the boys over and let them have some fun and he had to turn it into one of the most pathetic dogs performances in history because of his attitude.

Des wants absolute control over everything and it is killing the club.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Again our fans disgracing the club. Give yourselves an uppercut

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I read this shit:

He added that while he would’ve loved more minutes, players like he and Klemmer had to be saved from themselves.

“To Des’s credit, he knows we’re pretty competitive,’’ Reynolds laughed.

“Knows we’re not all there in the head.

“We’ve just played in a dead rubber game and I couldn’t even control myself in that.”

I thought well, if they're that ill disciplined why send 'em in the first place? Then the truth hit home. They're not just ill disciplined; they're that far up themselves they're inside out. Fuck 'em!

When Klemmer's best mate was Aaron Woods I thought he was going okay. But now he's an oversized Grub I've written him off too.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't need to support shit like this who think has been Hasler is the man with all the answers.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not sure if Reynolds or Hasler.
I always thought that Des was delivering the shite and the players were just toeing the line, I am now starting to believe that the players actually think he is the Messiah and not just a naughty boy. They have been brainwashed.....Destology?????

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“We’ve just played in a dead rubber game and I couldn’t even control myself in that.”

Seriously wonder what he means by that. Does he mean he threw the ball around a bit too much? God forbid! Perhaps he means going to hard in D. But he barely made a tackle.

A weekend together with a decent competitive team could have done wonders for team (and supporter) morale I reckon. Maybe Des knows we have no chance in the 9s anyway and this gives him an easy excuse.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I always thought that Des was delivering the shite and the players were just toeing the line, I am now starting to believe that the players actually think he is the Messiah and not just a naughty boy. They have been brainwashed.....Destology?????
Sounds about right lol but its borderline pathetic.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This is what Mortimer and lamb were talking about. No matter what team we fielded good or bad, the Bulldogs culture was to fight and not give the other team anything easy. We have lost our real identity, and everything this club once represented.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Reynolds didn't even play day one I can see why the NRL are annoyed, they didn't even try to put up a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.