News Canterbury Bulldogs’ sponsors threaten to walk over Laundy Hotel Group influence

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see repeating grade three for the fourth time is starting to pay dividends your English is really coming along,you might even be able to construct a sentence by the time you’re 25
U r aptly named,and the brains that go with it,sorry can’t denagrade dogs,they have more brains

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Arthur Laundy has personally met with key signing, were about to sign up due to his influence, however we have some disgruntled fans that feel some type of entitlement the club owes them, there the ones we should be chasing away..time this thing gets sorted or no marquee players will set foot anywhere near Belmore..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So after all these years of sponsors aligning themselves with sporting organisations and either reaping the benefits of success or relatively quietly moving on to greener pastures, we now have publicly quoted sponsors deriding the club for shit that’s gone down in the last 18 months, in an economy that’s in flux and in a code that’s going to need to more closely monitor corporate influence than ever before.
In come the Laundys and shit hits the fan. That could be a good thing or a bad thing but it’s obviously ruffled feathers to the point that sponsors who are not front of jersey but heavily financially invested are willing to put their individual names to print to voice their disgust.

For mine there is something else at play here that will be obvious to some but not to the majority. It reeks of opportunism and makes no sense unless those guys involved realise that only by capitalising on our current position, both on the ladder and in public perception, can they force a takeover, because 12 months down the track may be way too late.

Who the fuck is pulling the strings and why have long term sponsors been willing to be publicly quoted? It’s the end of the season, surely if they are displeased there are other ways to distance themselves from the current shitfight?
This stuff isn’t normal, especially for a club of our standing and I’d love to know what’s actually going on. Hopefully it’s resolved before the new coach gets here and hasn’t derailed any signings that may have been close to being finalised.
It's saddening all of this. We all love the Dogs, but it's being torn apart for games. Games to get power.

I'm not saying it's this side or that. But to anyone who looks it's clear that games are at play in this whole shit show. It's embarrassing.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So they have their nose out of joint for something they probably don’t fully get. Why go to the media?
Didn’t get the answer they wanted from the club?
I think the club has a right to be dirty for this too.
If the Club are dirty then someone has to have the balls to come out and make a statement to put this to bed if there isn't any truth to the media reports.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps the Laundy’s can provide the bloody management the clubs been sadly lacking in recent times ? God knows we need it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If the Club are dirty then someone has to have the balls to come out and make a statement to put this to bed if there isn't any truth to the media reports.
Why? If they addressed every media report they’d spent all day every day doing that.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have you ever herd of a sponsor being involved in recruitment? This is completly inappropriate.
Yet another example of the appalling managment of our once great club.
We are the biggest shit show in town, this mob have to go, they have NFI.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why? If they addressed every media report they’d spent all day every day doing that.
What’s more important? The club being fractured at board level with infighting and reported resignations of 3 members or a rumour about Craig Bellamy being talked to? They hosed down the Bellamy one in hours why not hose down something that’s a lot more important.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What’s more important? The club being fractured at board level with infighting and reported resignations of 3 members or a rumour about Craig Bellamy being talked to? They hosed down the Bellamy one in hours why not hose down something that’s a lot more important.
Bellamy and McCullough were isolated stories.

With the daily mud-slinging now and with both the footy and league clubs involved there’s more important things to focus on, why distract with media when Craig Laundy pretty much hosed things down anyway? I think you posted you believed he fanned the flames, I think it’s the opposite.

Reported resignations? So far that’s another Flopfield furphy. He’s known as the ‘fiction writer’ at Belmore. Why would the club give him credence?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good to see repeating grade three for the fourth time is starting to pay dividends your English is really coming along,you might even be able to construct a sentence by the time you’re 25
Bulldogs fan here: stop being a bully . Keyboard warrior

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bellamy and McCullough rumours were isolated stories.

With the daily mud-slinging now and with both the footy and league clubs involved there’s more important things to focus on, why distract with media when Craig Laundy pretty much hosed things down yesterday anyway? I think you posted you believed he fanned the flames, I think it’s the opposite.

Reported resignations? So far that’s just another Flopfield furphy. He’s known as the ‘fiction writer’ at Belmore. Why would the club give him any credence?
It’s all about leadership for mine hiding behind Laundy is weak as piss. How did Laundy calm down the situation? All he did is confirm it’s a shit fight behind the scenes. If they are using Laundy as their spokesperson it says a lot about the chairwoman.

Like it or not articles like the resignation one make big news and it reflects badly on the club no matter who wrote it. Something as serious as this is deserves some response from the CEO or chairperson. It would go a long way to stop the mud slinging the silence just gives a opportunity for more mud slinging.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s all about leadership for mine hiding behind Laundy is weak as piss. How did Laundy calm down the situation? All he did is confirm it’s a shit fight behind the scenes. If they are using Laundy as their spokesperson it says a lot about the chairwoman.

Like it or not articles like the resignation one make big news and it reflects badly on the club no matter who wrote it. Something as serious as this is deserves some response from the CEO or chairperson. It would go a long way to stop the mud slinging the silence just gives a opportunity for more mud slinging.
Respect your view but I disagree completely.

I don’t think they’re hiding behind anyone.
Laundy hosed it by saying they support the existing administration, they want to stay with the club ‘for the rest of their lives’ but they reserve the right to walk if they’re not happy with any forced changes (very reasonable if the terms of the deal change so soon after coming onboard). Do the agitators have an alternative major sponsor and potential alternative coach lined up if that happens? I doubt it.

I think they’re getting on with what they have to do - one way or another Baz and the new staff arrive in ~4 weeks. Now Hilly has to validate 116 signatures to see if this pointless EGM is to go ahead - that’s a distraction - why are you going to distract further by putting out some sort of statement until you’re more sure about how things actually are?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Respect your view but I disagree completely.

I don’t think they’re hiding behind anyone.
Laundy hosed it by saying they support the existing administration, they want to stay with the club ‘for the rest of their lives’ but they reserve the right to walk if they’re not happy with any forced changes (very reasonable if the terms of the deal change so soon after coming onboard). Do the agitators have an alternative major sponsor and potential alternative coach lined up if that happens? I doubt it.

I think they’re getting on with what they have to do - one way or another Baz and the new staff arrive in ~4 weeks. Now Hilly has to validate 116 signatures to see if this pointless EGM is to go ahead - that’s a distraction - why are you going to distract further by putting out some sort of statement until you’re more sure about how things actually are?
When Laundy is being so vocal in media and it’s crickets from the club it does look like they are hiding behind him to me.

Nice way to deflect about the rest of the things Laundy said that confirmed there is a power play being attempted. That’s the stuff that needs some clarification ASAP and not left to fester and let the media tee off. It’s similar to the Pay situation they are leaving it and hope it goes away once again.

Putting out a statement when there is multiple articles a day on it is hardly adding to the distractions either you do your best to control the media in these situations and it’s something the club has been extremely poor at for some time.