News Canterbury Bulldogs’ sponsors threaten to walk over Laundy Hotel Group influence

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you! You’re welcome to have an opinion as am I which seems hard for you to comprehend.
I’ve obviously hit a nerve,and I c u have one of your mates,backing u now,you’re both losers,end of communication or I will report u,

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve obviously hit a nerve,and I c u have one of your mates,backing u now,you’re both losers,end of communication or I will report u,
No nerves hit here you’re the one that seems emotional. As I have told you before put me on ignore if you have a issue with what I post I won’t miss interacting with you one bit.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No nerves hit here you’re the one that seems emotional. As I have told you before put me on ignore if you have a issue with what I post I won’t miss interacting with you one bit.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Much like the pay situation people are just refusing to see what is right in front of their eyes
Yeah but nah.

Look. All that's in front of my eyes are an enormous amount of conflicting stories. I really have no idea what's going on. None.

On the one side apparently there's a group pushing for 3 board members to be removed. OK. But we've heard absolutely nothing from them. Nothing. No outline of their intentions. Or who's leading the push. A sponsor has come out and said something, but apart from that only scraps really. So how can I believe stories supporting their ideas?

On the other side we've got the club shutting up shop and telling us very little. Dunn said something a few days back. Laudry has made a few comments the past few days. But the reality ... also nothing?

Obviously it would be good for the club to actually do something in this situation to at the very least appease the supporters' concerns no matter how stupid this apparent 'rebel ticket' is.

At the same time though, not enough is being said about this rebel ticket. They've started this shit fight at the absolute worse time for the club, and have dragged everything through the newspapers. Why? If they really had decent intentions, why not outline their concerns and give all of us a face / group to connect this to.

People are taking sides on this. OK. For me I simply want information in front of me so I can make a rational decision. Atm the last thing I'm going to do is trust hearsay from newspaper reports.

So. Am I refusing tp see what's in front of my eyes? There's too much shit floating around to see anything, let alone to understand wtf's going on. You seem confident in your views on what's going on. Good for you. Maybe you have inside info as to the real story behind all of this? If not, then you don't know what's in front of your eyes either.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So after all these years of sponsors aligning themselves with sporting organisations and either reaping the benefits of success or relatively quietly moving on to greener pastures, we now have publicly quoted sponsors deriding the club for shit that’s gone down in the last 18 months, in an economy that’s in flux and in a code that’s going to need to more closely monitor corporate influence than ever before.
In come the Laundys and shit hits the fan. That could be a good thing or a bad thing but it’s obviously ruffled feathers to the point that sponsors who are not front of jersey but heavily financially invested are willing to put their individual names to print to voice their disgust.

For mine there is something else at play here that will be obvious to some but not to the majority. It reeks of opportunism and makes no sense unless those guys involved realise that only by capitalising on our current position, both on the ladder and in public perception, can they force a takeover, because 12 months down the track may be way too late.

Who the fuck is pulling the strings and why have long term sponsors been willing to be publicly quoted? It’s the end of the season, surely if they are displeased there are other ways to distance themselves from the current shitfight?
This stuff isn’t normal, especially for a club of our standing and I’d love to know what’s actually going on. Hopefully it’s resolved before the new coach gets here and hasn’t derailed any signings that may have been close to being finalised.