Michael Ennis
David Stagg
Greg Eastwood

And you guys whinge about the Roo$ter$

Go the Canterbury Bronco$! :grinning:
And thats in the a space of a few mths

S

smingers

I'd understand if we were just money hungry and wanted more players even if we didn't need them- Hence the roosters and brisbane. But we've needed a new front row since '06 tbh so what we've done is not wrong at all.

HTH :grinning:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
It would be slightly different if the Bronco's came out and said "we wanted to keep ___________, but we just couldn't match the Bulldogs offer". Most of the players that we bought were given permission to do so because their teams couldn't afford them, and gave them their blessing to leave.

The difference is that when the Roosters sign someone it always seems to be a case of "I would have loved to stay with the club that brought me up through the junior ranks but the Roosters offer was just too good to refuse.."

What pisses people off is that the Roosters seem to be able to offer a hell of a lot of offers that are "too good to refuse"..
OoOoooh comprehension work!!

that hooker for ourselves ?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If ANYONE takes the word of a T-Shirt as gospel then, sorry, you're a fuking idiot.

Bred not Bought was a marketing gimmick to raise a bit of extra money of a huge clash. It's smart business to make a profit of something which was given massive exposure. People bought the T-Shirts so the club achieved what it set out to do.

Again, you have no clue and no idea how the business world works if you take that T-Shirt literally.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Bred not bought was always a joke of a campaign.

The salary cap doesn't allow teams to hold onto their own and reward juniors.

Plus like KE said, when Brisbane waste 1/10th of their cap on a vastly overrated centre and prioritise that over a future rep hooker and rep prop how can that be our fault.

Their mismanagment of their cap is our gain.
We spent a quarter of our cap on two players. There is a huge hole left and we went about filling it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bread not butter.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be slightly different if the Bronco's came out and said "we wanted to keep ___________, but we just couldn't match the Bulldogs offer". Most of the players that we bought were given permission to do so because their teams couldn't afford them, and gave them their blessing to leave.

The difference is that when the Roosters sign someone it always seems to be a case of "I would have loved to stay with the club that brought me up through the junior ranks but the Roosters offer was just too good to refuse.."

What pisses people off is that the Roosters seem to be able to offer a hell of a lot of offers that are "too good to refuse"..
That's right, the Roosters rape, pillage and decimate your playing ranks while putting no money into Junior development. They prioritise signing established Rep players from other clubs rather than develop their own when they are at or near their Cap limit every year.

We proiritise developing our own and spend alot on Junior development but also found ourselves with over a million in Cap space through extenuating circumstances with the loss of Mason, Williams, Sherwin and Maitua. With that money we invested in free agents from the Broncos all of whom were told that they were free to negotiate and move on. As was Noddy.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll wear my "Spent 450K on a centre" T-Shirt, Kenny.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Maybe if they weren't so inbred and spent 450K on a centre they would've been able to keep two thirds of their starting front row....
good point, nice ;)

Didn't have many options KB. We had to sign the best players available because of the fcukwits who are now gone. The fact that 4 of them are from the same squad is irrelevant. If it's anything, it's damn smart.

Roosters do it year by year, because they refuse to promote juniors. They have no excuse

top post champ, well done

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's right, the Roosters rape, pillage and decimate your playing ranks while putting no money into Junior development. They prioritise signing established Rep players from other clubs rather than develop their own when they are at or near their Cap limit every year.

We proiritise developing our own and spend alot on Junior development but also found ourselves with over a million in Cap space through extenuating circumstances with the loss of Mason, Williams, Sherwin and Maitua. With that money we invested in free agents from the Broncos all of whom were told that they were free to negotiate and move on. As was Noddy.
Seriously, if you need someone to explain that to you, you need to be shot.

Idiots take things too literally these days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'll wear my "Spent 450K on a centre" T-Shirt, Kenny.
LOL. I'll wear my "I'm a Bronco fan and my team got rid of the chance to win a premiership with established or potential rep players Kemp, Hannant, Ennis, Boyd, Stagg, Eastwood and Moon and all I have to show for it is an overrated centre and two second rowers" shirt. :p

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously, if you need someone to explain that to you, you need to be shot.

Idiots take things too literally these days.
Are you having a go at me? Do you want to fight? :D

LOL, that's right. I can't believe any idiots took that bred not bought gimmick seriously and to heart and would dare compare this season's recruitment drive to what the Roosters do.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After what has happened to us over the last few years, I think it was inevitable that this would happen.

Not with standing, Ennis & Hannant were also bought not bred by the broncos.

Every club does this anyway but point proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.