News Canterbury and Souths weigh up ANZ future

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they supply free needles in livo mate?? Disgraceful area
Totally agree. The club had the right idea with Oasis it was just unfortunate it didn't get off the ground.

The Tigers have failed to capture a lot of the fans in the south west Sydney and it's 50\50 Tiger to Bulldog fans. We could take a strangle hold of that whole area with some forward thinking.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liverpool doggies games would be fucking awesome. Live in narellan

I don’t live near Liverpool but playing in Liverpool would feel like our home stadium as playing at bankwest would feel like the eels are lending us there stadium.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t live near Liverpool but playing in Liverpool would feel like our home stadium as playing at bankwest would feel like the eels are lending us there stadium.
Liverpool makes so much sense moving forward.
The Oasis project was ahead of its time, shame it didn’t get up & running.
The club has been looking at moving away from Belmore as it home base since the mid 90’s..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the club actually made a statement?

Or is this usual scuttlebutt by journos desperate to produce a story?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still reckon they should lobby to build a 20,000 seat stadium at Lidcombe Oval. Heaps of council land around it, close to the train line and M5, M4. Us and the Tigers could share it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still reckon they should lobby to build a 20,000 seat stadium at Lidcombe Oval. Heaps of council land around it, close to the train line and M5, M4. Us and the Tigers could share it.
They really should have built BankWest at Olympic Park. It would have solved so many problems.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They really should have built BankWest at Olympic Park. It would have solved so many problems.
Agree but the NSW Govt is all about Parramatta right now - Bankwest, Light Rail, Powerhouse Museum, Metro West, loads of apartments and commercial tenant incentives and there’s more to come. It’s getting more injections than the Sharks dressing room.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If you really cared about watching live nrl you would not give 2 shits about a bit of extra travel if it meant watching the game at a better stadium.
"A bit of extra travel" it's ~40 minutes compared to ~3 hours, both ways on public transport (1 bus compared to 2 buses and 2 trains). I don't know about you but by my measurements that's a damn site more than "a bit".

You not being able to get there from work is your issue.
Of course it's my issue, it's all about me, me, me. I don't care about anyone else, some of them probably like Wankwest because they live closer to it than Belmore or SOP. Me I hate it, it's an OK stadium but it's in a truly shit location, I have been there for 3 games and I sure as hell won't be going back. There's no restaurants, no pubs, just that stinking Parra Leagues Club and I'm not giving 1 cent of my hard earned to those arseholes.

Go Dogs

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
lol Church St is full of restaurants. It is 2 streets over. There is also the Woolpack pub which is not far away, RSL which is on the way back to the station, Rose and Crown on Victoria Rd and soon the Royal Oak will be rebuilt.